Banshee 3 wheeler

Started by KB, July 12, 2006, 04:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB

Has anyone seen or heard of a purple & yellow banshee 3 wheeler ? I bought it a couple years ago from a guy (Shane) in Apollo Bch. He said he bought it from someone near Polk. I'm just curious who built it. they did a good job. The front of the frame was cut off and a tri-z front end welded then powder coated was put on.The forks do have a problem with the weight though. Motor is Trinity stage II, Trinity 2:1 intake. Also when I bought it had a wheelie bar on the back so they were draggin it somewhere. I'd just like to know who built it ? Anyway thanks Bones for this site, Kelly B.   

klutchbuster400


juju


KB

I took some last night w/ my phone. I've never posted pics before. Can I email them to someone who can then post them?

KD 428

here, just send them to my email, and ill post em as long as there not too large- hummer888@comcast.net
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

#5
here they are  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

#6
again

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

#7
.

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

#8
..

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

1 more, and nice bike ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

..

[attachment deleted by admin]
HONDA CRF450R

DZ 350

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

KB

Thanks Yamaharider for posting the pics. I wish I knew who built the thing. When I bought it , it was so clean it looked brand new. I tried riding it like I use to ride my other 3 wheelers, the front & rear suspension is shot so it's a pretty rough ride.I guess you can say I've ragged it out a little. The guy who built it might cry if he seen it now. I think they were draggin it on asphalt so they didn't need suspension. All I know is it was a partial trade for a pro stock drag car. The guy was into drag racing & from around Polk Co.The guy I bought it from (Shane) lives in Apollo Bch. & has a real nice pro stock, street legal, S-10. He drives it to the circle K on Apollo Bch. Blvd. sometimes cause I've seen him there. (he wasn't getting gas there though) Anyways thanks again for posting pics. cause I don't know how to. 

Yamaha72

Cool.... ;)

There's two ways he could have built that thing....

1) He put a Tri-Z front end on the thing.....                 :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif For originality...

2) He put a Banshee engine in a Tri-Z frame....

However he did it he did a good job and I bet that thing is fun to ride.....

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

sweetrider215

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
mud gear tires
winch
cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07

mrbones

Nice trike. Thanks for posting it.  :ThumbsUp.gif
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

robo02cop

I know the kid and father who built that three wheeler.  He grew up with one of my buddies.  It was originally a banshee frame that the front end was cut off of and the front end of a tri-z was attached to it.  The engine work was as you described.  The bike was only ridden a couple of times and you are correct that it never saw off road.  It was ridden a couple of times up and down the street but never taken to croom or any place of the such.  It was featured in Dirt Wheels a few years ago.  If you want more information send me a message and I can probably get you in contact with the guy who built it originally.
04 Red and White Yamaha Banshee ~ Traded
04 Blue Yamaha R1
1984 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler
1985 Honda ATC 125 4 wheeler

KB

Robocop, I sent you a p.m.  i'd like to talk to them. Thanks, KB.

4fittyr

thats an old  j-arm  SHEE THAT THEY PUT A 350X OR TRI Z FRONT FORKS ON. UPDATED THE PLASTICS FOR STYLE OF A NEWER MODEL. STILL BETTER THAN J ARM BEFORE THE A-ARMS
if u can't be good be good at it

robo02cop

KB send me a pm with your phone number and I will give it to my buddy and he will give you a call and tell you how to get in touch with the guy who built the bike.
04 Red and White Yamaha Banshee ~ Traded
04 Blue Yamaha R1
1984 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler
1985 Honda ATC 125 4 wheeler

Persnickety


LonesomeTriZ

Damn, I did not know that thing is still around. I saw photographs of it a long time ago.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.