Is Rock dead in South Florida?!

Started by x2468, February 14, 2005, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x2468

Hey to all you guys in south florida, anyone here a fan of 94.9 zeta? Hell i was, that station rocked. I listened to ti eveyr day, with lex and terry and before when paul and young ron were on in the morning. Literally that friggen station was the best part of florida (since i have no where to ride in this darn state). Now they went and replaced it after 3 decades with some spanish crap called mega 94.9. We already have 10 hip-hop and spanish channels! they take away our ONLY rock channel (aside from the buzz but u have to live rela far north to hear them). they call it this Hurban crap, a mix of hip-hop, reggei (however the heck u spell that), and latino. GGGAAAYYY.

Was anyone else a 94.9 rock fan and been upset that they canceled it without warning for this spanish sh!t???

Anyway ive been pissed off all weekend but i found this petition that might save us. they have like 5000 somthin so far. if anyone wants our radiostation back than i think we should sign this. IM going around to my other forums like High Lifter and such and promoting this too, but ATV FLorida seemed like the best place to start.

If you want to sign it click:
http://www.petitiononline.com/zetazeta/petition.html

CABLEGUY1

x2468,I was looking at your profile to see your age because I remember that channel from many years ago. I grew up in Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale and remember Y-100 ,96x, wshe 103 fm, etc etc.I dont know how far back your going but I think your talking about the same station.

innocent_bystander

Yeah its the same station. WSHE is gone.

Zeta 94.9 was the only Rock station we had down here. There is 105.9 but thats classic rock, dont count. Dont get me wrong 94.9 sucked. They played the same crap over and over again. They had a play list of about 10 songs. Clear Channel really killed that station. But it was the only rock station. So we didnt have much of a choice. Now we have no choice.

I really dont want zeta back, cuz it will still be owned by crap channel. I hope someone starts a new rock station, one that is actually good.

I guess its off to satalite radio.
Life is all about @$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Robert4570

#3
Radio absolutely sucks here in South Florida and now that zeta is gone whats left ? Big 106 ,its pretty lame ,99.9 kiss fm is more of a modern so called country. At least when i am out in the west coast I have 101.9 fm.

Clear Channel sucks!!!

budman

this is the 4th time they have changed it since I can remember...It was Zeta 4 for years, doing Album Rock. like in the 70's, then in the 80's it was crap. It came back as Zeta 94.9, and now this crap. I don't know what their ratings numbers were lately, I am checking. But if the numbers don't keep up with what sells advertising revenue, it will change. I guess us hard core rockers have become a minority compared to the latino - hip hop crowd. Sad Day for the South...  :-[...Next victim? Country? Back in the 80's when that crap came out..."Flock of Seagulls, Duran, Duran, Frankie goes to Hollywood, and the like...I had to go Country. Well 20 years later, here I go again!!!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Robert4570

budman ,
you're right , in your recount of radio history in south florida.
Radio is dead .

budman

[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

KSCFIRE

Good ole Clear Channel. They just did the same thing with an Orlando station, 100.3 FM. One minute it was playing the oldies and at the strike of noon, it was a latin music station. No notice.
2004 Polaris 700 SP
26" Mud-Lites
3.0 Warn winch

My other ATV is a tank.

budman

#8
Well the numbers don't lie. Look at the LAST column to see market share as of Jan 2005. Can't blame them for dropping a loser in ratings. High scores mean higher advertising revenue.
God that makes me sick. Satellite Radio, here I come.   dang, the link didn't show
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

budman

[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Asphaltdragon

I listen to 103.1 the Buzz out of palm beach, and internet radio
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

budman

my dsl cable runs out when I drive away
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

500runner

welcome to s fla {aka little CUBA} we need to put up wall going across the state from east  to west just below martin county!  FLA is falling apart!!!!!!   :'(

COOLRAUL n DOXANNE

HEY THERE IS A NEW ROCK STATION NOW AT 93.1 FM, SOUNDS LIKE THE OLD ZETA. 8)
02 GRIZZLY 660 / 28' outlaws/ snorkels/ supertrapp pipe/3000lb Winch

B-man

satellite (sp) is the way to go, listen to that for a week and you'll never go back to FM. ;)
YZ 490  "Yellow Jacket"

budman

Well until I get it, 93.1 it is.... Thanks coolraul
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

budman

That station used to be classical until Zeta turned their backs on us
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Ida_Mann

QuoteGood ole Clear Channel. They just did the same thing with an Orlando station, 100.3 FM. One minute it was playing the oldies and at the strike of noon, it was a latin music station. No notice.

thats what my dad was complaining about,,,,the last radio change I noticed was when Rush moved down the dial a little, I have not listened to good ole music stations since about '98 thats what I got CD players for.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

VForcedave

Sat radio (XM) is the best. I have it in my truck and i never listen to regular programming, ever. Pick the year, top 20, live concerts, top tracks (old rock), country, bluegrass, its where its at. $10.00 per month plus the equipment. Most car audio systems can take the sat mod no problem.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

kawGIRL

QuoteYeah its the same station. WSHE is gone.


I got invited to WSHE's 15th B-day Party (1983?) :o
Me and a friend made a birthday card for there contest, ours was one of the ones that they picked! So we got 4 tickets to Journey! An invitation only Concert....it was one of the best concerts I think I have been to!  It was at the Sportatorium, the other beast was Lynard Skynard the night before the crash  [smiley=Cry.gif]

Back in 1986? Jeff's band debuted an original song on WSHE the band was "Civilian" the song was "Alone on a Planet" [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

South Florida had great rock at one time......
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

budman

QuoteI got invited to WSHE's 15th B-day Party (1983?) :o
Me and a friend made a birthday card for there contest, ours was one of the ones that they picked! So we got 4 tickets to Journey! An invitation only Concert....it was one of the best concerts I think I have been to!  It was at the Sportatorium, the other beast was Lynard Skynard the night before the crash  [smiley=Cry.gif]

Back in 1986? Jeff's band debuted an original song on WSHE the band was "Civilian" the song was "Alone on a Planet" [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

South Florida had great rock at one time......

I remember that concert...weren't you way too young to be going to concerts then?    ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

kawGIRL

I wish now.....I think that was my 4th concert at the Sportatorium  :o
Jeff went to Journey with me, we had been married 2-3 years at that time?  Some of that is a little blury now  ;D
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Thrasher

makes me glad my stereo in my truck plays MP3's! and gets XM too! :D
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

dvx400#1

to 500 runner your comment sounds a little racial  to me. i agree with everyone else about the rock stations, sounds like a lot of them down there suck, but to say a comment like that c,mon man just becouse there's a lot of spanish people there. there's  no need for comment's like that. i my self i,m hispanic and i don't listen to spanish stations either, i like my rock. not trying to start nothing, but since is a open forum i thought i would share my .02 cents in.

 luckly i have 98 rock and 97.8 fm and  102.5 here in tampa