Steel Bridge

Started by mistercorbin, May 07, 2006, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercorbin

Anybody here used to ride out at the "Steel Bridge"??

rubicon500kid

iv ridin out there a few times
do u know a way to get around where they blocked it off to get to the other side of the bridge ?
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

mistercorbin

No honestly I dont..I havnt been out there in 5 or 6 years when I used to ride 3 wheelers..I just baught a new ATV ( Bomb 800.. ) and took it out to the hump the day I got it...Then went to L-Cross two weekends ago and it got all busted up..long story. Anyways it is in the shop now hopefully I get it this week. If I DO, ill be at the humps this weekend

Southern4x4

we used to go there all the time but since they blocked it off we sont wanna risk it
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

rubicon500kid

yea the humps is fun but will soon be  gone the cops are out there this weekdn but they did the same thing in july and they didnt go the fallowing weeknd so it should be good next weekend
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

mistercorbin

Man that sucks. What did the cops do when they got out there? Ive heard rumors of bikes getting impounded, people getting warning tickets.

I remember a few times out at the steel bridge people were getting armed at gun point for thier bikes..Also some guy was found dead out there in a truck with a gunshot to the head.

ds650kid

i live otu by the steel bridge, abotu 5 miles away and theres nto much to do otu there since you cant get to the other side. Also the ag-patrol cops are getting strict out in the redland ive been stopped twice in the last month and was todl if i get caught again there impounding my biek and taking my dad to jail. Its still a fun place to hang otu though.
2004 ds650
lte dual full system
k&n direct mount air filter
rejetted

2002 300ex
procircuit t-4 slip on
k&n air filter
primary drive 14t front sprocket
jetted

mistercorbin

Yea it seems like slowly but surely our places to ride are going away..Time to move out to Cali and hit the dunes or something...They cant build on those =P

Southern4x4

Quote from: CivCord on May 07, 2006, 03:53:53 PM
Man that sucks. What did the cops do when they got out there? Ive heard rumors of bikes getting impounded, people getting warning tickets.

I remember a few times out at the steel bridge people were getting armed at gun point for thier bikes..Also some guy was found dead out there in a truck with a gunshot to the head.
when did this happen?
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

mistercorbin

It had to be 6 or 7 years ago if I remember correctly.

Southern4x4

Quote from: CivCord on May 07, 2006, 07:09:55 PM
It had to be 6 or 7 years ago if I remember correctly.
o isnt that before they had the blocks up omg thats about the time i started riding out there hmm weird i never heard about it.....then yet i was like 6 :D
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

mistercorbin

Yea I was like 15 or something..I almost want to say that it was some kids that I know who found the guy and freaked out and went home and told his mother...But I dont know if my brain is making that up or what haha..Ill have to ask my parents..

Bigscrb15

I don't understand how you can go to an illegal place to ride and plan it around when the cops will be there and then complain that ATV'ers get a bad name. It's idiots like ya'll that are giving us a bad name and making people mad by riding in illegal lands. Then you ask in a public forum how to get around a blocked off area??
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

rubicon500kid

cuz its the only place we can ride nere us i cant travel 2 + hours each time i ride
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Southern4x4

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 10, 2006, 05:26:57 PM
I don't understand how you can go to an illegal place to ride and plan it around when the cops will be there and then complain that ATV'ers get a bad name. It's idiots like ya'll that are giving us a bad name and making people mad by riding in illegal lands. Then you ask in a public forum how to get around a blocked off area??
look 6-7 years ago it wasnt ileagle ive perosnally quit riding out here in the redlands so i AINT a idiot >:(
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

mistercorbin

Exactly, when I used to ride out there it wasnt illegal. It is now so I dont, I was just curious as to how many people actually know about this place on the forum.

Southern4x4

#16
Quote from: CivCord on May 11, 2006, 07:53:14 AM
Exactly, when I used to ride out there it wasnt illegal. It is now so I dont, I was just curious as to how many people actually know about this place on the forum.
have you ever been to the levve/big hill?its supposedly illeagle so i dont wanna ride there but it was fun back in the day.On friday nights wed all meet on the big hill and go riding all over!SIGH i miss them good ole days :-\
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Bigscrb15

If you don't ride there then I wasn't reffering to you. I am talking about people that do ride out there so don't let your little feelings get hurt. A lot of places were legal 6-7 years ago and now they aren't we just have to deal with it and have our rally's and keep calling our political representitives.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

backwoods boy

#18
it's only illegal if you get caught  >:D + lay off man how + where you ride is your business no hard feelings r anything but theres people that break the law in every sport sammy sosa 4 example :D
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Bigscrb15

Quote from: southern boy on May 11, 2006, 09:13:51 PM
it's only illegal if you get caught  >:D + lay off man how + where you ride is your business so backoff bro'

I won't backoff. Its because of people like you that we are losing land. They think they are better than everyone and the law doesn't apply to them. If you would just drive you lazy butt to a legal riding spot you wouldn't have to worry about cops and no one could complain. I hope the next time you ride there you get caught and have your bike impounded. This website gets about 62,000 visitors a month. A lot of them are looking for riding spots so we don't need to be posting illegal ones.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fox17

I agree 100% with bigscrub15. its people riding in illegal places that gives us bad names and loses our riding privileges. find a legal place and go there. its you illegal riding peoples fault that the places are diminishing.

backwoods boy

#21
i didn't go riding illegally till they closed every place in the county down i'd rather pay a $75 ticket gettin caught 1 outta 10 x than pay $50 [like i'm doin tomorrow bg ] every time i go send me $50 each time i go an i might consider it but until then ...   BTW it's the drunk people ridin irresponsibly n dumpin trash out there thats closin us down  maybe if we started havin some pickup days we could show people that some of us are responsible n i didn't mean to tick ya off man
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Fox17

well schedule one. its illegal to go pick up trash though cause of some idiots!!!

Fox17

we would probably get tickets for it as stupid as some cops are(some cops are cool though).

the/4/horsemen

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 11, 2006, 09:23:24 PM
Quote from: southern boy on May 11, 2006, 09:13:51 PM
it's only illegal if you get caught  >:D + lay off man how + where you ride is your business so backoff bro'

I won't backoff. Its because of people like you that we are losing land. They think they are better than everyone and the law doesn't apply to them. If you would just drive you lazy butt to a legal riding spot you wouldn't have to worry about cops and no one could complain. I hope the next time you ride there you get caught and have your bike impounded. This website gets about 62,000 visitors a month. A lot of them are looking for riding spots so we don't need to be posting illegal ones.
i totally agree wit ya  :drive.gif
2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com