BAD LUCK PRERRIE?

Started by bigeasy, May 08, 2006, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigeasy

has anyone heared? another rider told me it was opened up again has anyone heared if this is true?
Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
05 rincon 650      (wife)
05 250 EX           (daughters)

BAdhabits

today was suppose 2b the deadline. I haven't heard 4 sure thow.

MuddFreak77

The deadline was 60 days from April 11th
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

bud2928

The law is out there. Stopped twice last Sunday.

Bigscrb15

I imagine June 12th will be the day considering that is the first business day after the 60 day deadline. If not June 10th is the 60th day so maybe on June 10th we can all go out and ride there. I do not know the specifics though so don't get mad if you get arrested out there that weekend.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

o4250

You all have to remeber that june 10th or 11th is just the deadline. I'm sure if they dont have 640 acres for us to ride on by june 10th(which im sure they wont), there will be court issues and all that, THEN it will be open.

450R_Matt

Quote from: o4250 on May 11, 2006, 09:11:38 PM
You all have to remeber that june 10th or 11th is just the deadline. I'm sure if they dont have 640 acres for us to ride on by june 10th(which im sure they wont), there will be court issues and all that, THEN it will be open.

yes,

we need test riders to see if you get in trubble.  Let us know! lol
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Toomey

I say we storm the place when the deadline passes.  It would ensure that the place goes back to being used quick and simple, and a deadline is a deadline.  If we don't have the 640 by 6/11, then BadLuck goes back to us.  I think if you let them go through months of paperwork and stuff, it'll get put aside and the chance will be lost.  I guess it would be risky getting in trouble, but if we've got the numbers, I think we'd be fine.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

450R_Matt

Quote from: Toomey on May 12, 2006, 04:18:00 PM
I say we storm the place when the deadline passes.  It would ensure that the place goes back to being used quick and simple, and a deadline is a deadline.  If we don't have the 640 by 6/11, then BadLuck goes back to us.  I think if you let them go through months of paperwork and stuff, it'll get put aside and the chance will be lost.  I guess it would be risky getting in trouble, but if we've got the numbers, I think we'd be fine.

Can anyone show on legal paperwork where its stated that if the 640 falls thru we will be allowed back in the forest?  What we call badluck. Not the squares or south blocks.   Just woundering.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Mars

#9
Right before they started the restoration BS the wildlife managemt folks put out a new WMA hand book which stated the area reqiered permit for OHV.  Picayuni Strand forest and south blocks are included. Hunters were using OHV/ATV before then. I have no problem paying a fee for access, they need the funds, and at least to me they have always been very professional. Wildlife and Forestry should have the last say on it but they have been pushed into the dirt before.
Map in pdf:

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/South_Region/05-06_PICAYUNE_STRAND.pdf
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Gamer

My thinking is even if the county gets the roads back what good is that going to do for us.  Your not allowed to ride ATV's on a paved road and if you go off the road your now on State property which is managed by FWC and DOF.  That tells me they will still be able to kick you off the property.  The county taking back the roads might stop the restoration project but I would think we still need to get permission from DOF, FWC and the State to ride in Picayune.  Was this discussed at the meeting?  I hope I'm wrong because I want to ride out there as much as everyone else.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com