WE GOT ARRA TO HELP US WITH THE PICAYUNE

Started by lswjth2, March 30, 2006, 08:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lswjth2


Mudneck

lswjth2 hope this helps.I admire your efforts on this matter.I got burnt out a while back when it seems NOBODY else here gave 2 shits.Rather spend their time slaming someone for improper english or some bullshit movie they liked. >:(

You dont need to be an adult any minor with the proper communication skills has a say in these matters as well! :o

Dear Mr.Halas,

I am a very concerned with the closure of Picayune Forest to OHV use.I am a parent of two daughters whom are being raised to respect nature,there enviroment and to be passionate about what they believe in.After teaching a youngster these values how do you explain to them that they are not allowed to pursue a hobby that brings them as close to nature as it gets? Camping & OHV rides have been what they were raised with.For restrictions to be placed on our hobby's because certain individuals do not like our choice of hobby is 100% wrong.Please reply with the local or state statutes that say OHV use is not permitted in the forest.

We are not the rebellious motorcyle gangs of the 70's.We are respectibale citizens who own rental units a nursery and a business.Between the new recreational toy hauler camper and our 5 OHV's purchased I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this hobby.Not to mention the amount of taxes and the economic benefits of these purchases to local business.The whole issue of collecting title fees to ensure future riding areas seems to be a lie,much of the same way LOTTO dollars were for education.Why not close a golf course and open it up as an OHV day use area.OHV enthusiasts would be happy to pay a nominal fee for its use.Do you realize the TONS of fertilizer & pesticides they use to maintain it,not to mention the motorized equipment they use would far defeat the amount of impact a regulated OHV trail system would have on the forest?

Kind Regard's
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

lswjth2

Thank you Bushwacker. I was having a concersation with QT3  the other day. I sometimes feel the way you felt. I was complaining of issues like, you put up a link for the local newspapers, you have 300 views and only 3 people post?? That's very discouraging, but when I think what is at stake, I cannot let this go. I also have two Daughters, and everytime I look at them, and think of what was taken from them, I Get back up again. Then you also have people like QT3, that drove down from sarasota(2hrs each way) ,and Brian Mchannon from the Florida Outdoor Alliance, and all those others that have helped and continue to help, You know you're in good Company. Thank you...

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dirty1

well the way i see it is, we have our chance to show up and be heard.  so whats so bad about that?  i know im gonna try to be there...
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000

JackL

Anyone going to this? I sure miss the squares!
I gave up and bought 5 acres in RR, but I would sure
like to go back to Floridas greatest spot!
I am going to try and make it. Hope to see others there.

http://www.arra-access.com/arra/PicayuneStateForest.htmlmember_key=u8gn852o5bwj7i&;
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MuddFreak77

This meeting is tomorrow morning.  I kno wmyself and QT314 will be there along with a few others.  Hoping for a very BIG turnout.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

JackL

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on April 10, 2006, 03:43:30 PM
This meeting is tomorrow morning.  I kno wmyself and QT314 will be there along with a few others.  Hoping for a very BIG turnout.

Oh cool, I thought it was today. See you there.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

jetski dawg

ill be there...is the meeting at 9 or 10:30..???

lswjth2

The meeting starts@ 9:00 am, however our agenda item is not due to come up until 10:30 am....

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com