Need Help!! (kodiak 400 '06)

Started by Big Kev, April 09, 2006, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Kev

I went to C&R motorsports this weekened..first time and had a blast..

But when ever I start to have a good time something goes wrong,of course right!?

Well I was ridin and see 2 guys tryin to get a quad out of the mud so I offer my help and use my winch...I start to reverse and pull the winch in and my tires lock up (they have always) and im pulling him in. we get done..I go to go and the quad like buckles from stop like 3 times and starts to drive I can hear a weird noise and when i slow down it gets louder..it buckle if i come from a dead stop (drive-reverse). Even in neutral if I rev the engine it makes a noise.

Anyone have a quess? I was talkin to one of the C&R guys today and he mention it prob is a chunk out of my drive belt,which I was guessin before...one of my buds thinks its the engine itself..
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

live2mud

That happened to my polaris.my problem was the belt.
     Hope its nothing major.

rappy350

You may already know this but the kodiaks have a rev limiter while in reverse.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Big Kev

No I didn't..explain pls if you can  :o?
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

Big Kev

[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

535banshee

never pull the winch in and reverse the bike at the say time. that is a big no no. it tells you that in the book. you might have hurt the trany

Big Kev

[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled