Main Menu

Oil Changes?

Started by eric, February 01, 2005, 03:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

Wondering how often you should change the oil in a quad to keep it in good condition if you use standard brand name oil? I was told every 20 hours.

Hollywood

I usually change mine after 2 or 3 rides.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

VelociRaptor350

I run amsoil full synthetic and i go around 20-30 hours inbetween changes and it comes out looking good still, i could probably run it longer.
'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

dreth

i change mine every!!!!!!! ride unless im on a trip.

1slowfox

I change mine about every 5-6 rides  .. which I only really RIDE 2 days a week probably 5 hours a  ride IF THAT ..


I use castrol GTX 20-50
ED
I <3 Fiberglass !

eric

#5
Hey Ed,
Where do you ride at? i live right near you in Sanford. Do you ride off Orange Blvd?

1slowfox

I sometimes ride by my house , Like I'am not sure exactly where you live over there( I though someone said u stay in 1 of the 2 apartment behind or beside my neighboor hood)
But I sometimes ride around the trashy looking field  off of international , except the guy is a deek and sometimes calls the cops ..

I've also rode a few times over by semiens on Rhinehart ..

We ride in a field over by BJ's on 46 we are actually trying to get a dozer a build a little track or maybe just some jumps to play on ..  


sometimes we ride over in debary , Not exactly sure how to get there ..

and just recently have been going to ocala and wanting to goto big scrub but haven't yet ..


ED
I <3 Fiberglass !

Truegrit

QuoteI run amsoil full synthetic and i go around 20-30 hours inbetween changes and it comes out looking good still, i could probably run it longer.

Cha-Ching

The auto parts store must love you. Do you ride in a lot of dust where that is needed? Amsoil is good for 15k in a car/truck. If its looks good, no water or dust, That is a bit excessive. But at least your ATV is happy.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

VelociRaptor350

yeah the local cycle shop loves me, when i go in shawn at the counter gets my goody bag together, 3 quarts of amsoil, filter, and spark plug.  The atv loves me, my wallet is a different story.
'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com

eric

hey Ed,
well I was living in the Cobblestone Crossing apartments right near you up to the end of january but just moved out. I am right down the street now off Longwood Markham Rd past the soccer field. Where have you been going riding in Ocala? I go to Scrub a lot.