Honda 100Xr ( Help )

Started by 1slowfox, January 21, 2005, 11:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1slowfox

Ok I bought a 91' Honda Xr 100 last night for $50 bucks .. The thing runs  good except , For when I start it and Rev it up a couple of times it seems like the throttle wants to hang up WOT, BUT it seems to me that the twist throttle comes all the way back to where its suppose to be but still revs pretty high .. Though I'am not postive it does , but when the Carb is off the bike and I hold it in my hand it seens to return just fine ( about a 1/2 a penny gap in the slide and the bottom of carb , Is this to much ?)


My guess is either its getting hung up or there is a air leak somewhere causing it to rev like this .. IF anyone could  help me out it would be greatly appreciated ..



Thanks In Advance .
ED

I <3 Fiberglass !

Kris_Moore

check the boot from the carb to the engine(intake Maninfiold) The one on my old grizzly had a hole in it and after it warmed up it idled high, and didnt like to idle down.
94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4: 27" gators, snorkeled, wiseco hi comp. piston, 2" lift, and lots more...
98 grizz 600: 26" bear claws and 2000# winch
04 blue sportsman 700: stock
94 polaris 300 4x4: 25" 489 at's and 1700# winch

1slowfox

Will do that when I get home .. Though I think the boot on this maybe metal didn't pay that much attention .. I know a 80xr that i was working on a while back had metal ends and rubber(?) center piece....


Thanks
ED

I'am trying to get the motor running before Sunday so that way I can start tearing this thing down to paint the frame and make it look nice agian ..

I <3 Fiberglass !

1slowfox

I've been looking around the webs today of picture of there are and it seems that alot of the Slides are  closed most of the way the  slide in the carb that I have is probably open atleast a 1/4 of the way , I starting to lean towards this being the cause of my high idle !

But any other help would still be great !



ED
I <3 Fiberglass !

Nightbreed

You should first, back the idle screw all the way out of the carb. Then adjust the cable to where it has no pressure at the top of the carb body. at this point, start the bike and see if it will start with out giving it any throttle. If it still idles to high, you most likely have a vacuum leak some where.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

1slowfox

I fixed it a while back put a new cable on and problem solved , guess it was a kink or something that wasn't really visable ..



Thanks
ED
I <3 Fiberglass !