Vinson 500

Started by raca65, March 13, 2006, 09:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raca65

Owners looking at a 2004 what do you think of them any problems that i should know about?? Are they good in water??

SWAMP_DONKEY


Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bigscrb15

I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 10:40:52 AM
I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.

ARE YOU MAKIN FUN OF MY KQ?? :o

bigscrub79

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on March 13, 2006, 10:43:15 AM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 10:40:52 AM
I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.

ARE YOU MAKIN FUN OF MY KQ?? :o
LMAO i wasnt even thinking about that when i read his post but thats funny.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on March 13, 2006, 10:43:15 AM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 10:40:52 AM
I agree! Mine has never left me stranded. The only problem is water in the transmission, but you can pull the drain plug, rev it up a couple times put the plug back in and your good to go.

ARE YOU MAKIN FUN OF MY KQ?? :o

haha, now that you mention it, yea!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

raca65

Are they CVT belt drivin or gears?? I heard the carburated was a problem try or not??

Bigscrb15

CVT tranny with shaft driven final drive. I have never heard a problem about the carbs on the vinson's.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

NPRVinson

I have a manual tranny Vinson and no problems what so ever. Great quad.

Kawa3

Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 11:39:47 AM
Are they CVT belt drivin or gears?? I heard the carburated was a problem try or not??

You can get Auto or manuals
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

raca65

This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

Bigscrb15

Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip :o I know I have done it ;)

Bigscrb15

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on March 13, 2006, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip :o I know I have done it ;)

Yep, it usually involves really really deep water, unless your going 45mph then it doesn't have to be real deep.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bigscrub79

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on March 13, 2006, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip :o I know I have done it ;)

Yep, it usually involves really really deep water, unless your going 45mph then it doesn't have to be real deep.
Read that carefully Scott. May stop your problems.  ;)
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: bigscrub79 on March 13, 2006, 03:47:25 PM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on March 13, 2006, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 13, 2006, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: raca65 on March 13, 2006, 01:34:52 PM
This is a Auto i just don't like the belts when they get wet there done. Thanks for all your opinions and answers

I have had mine wet plenty of times, once it starts slippin you know its wet. Once its drained it doesn't slip anymore. I am still on the original belt.

You have to be doing something ignorant to make it slip :o I know I have done it ;)

Yep, it usually involves really really deep water, unless your going 45mph then it doesn't have to be real deep.
Read that carefully Scott. May stop your problems.  ;)

Oh ok now its clear...clear as MUD. ;D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com