!!!~~~Which Mid Size ATV?~~~!!!

Started by bugmanjr, March 06, 2006, 04:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best All Round ATV?

Bombardier
3 (9.7%)
Honda
7 (22.6%)
Polaris
5 (16.1%)
Artic Cat
0 (0%)
Yamaha
7 (22.6%)
Suzuki
8 (25.8%)
Kawasaki
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

bugmanjr

Hey Enlightened ATVflorida Enthusists..

Me and my little lady are in the market for 2 Mid Size 4x4's in the 350 to 500 class. I was leaning towards Bombardier for the fact that they offer a 3 year warranty!!!!  Of course every bike has there advantages, and thats what Im asking you for, which bike, in your opinion, is the best All Round Bike. Feel free to tell me why you feel the way you do. We ride mainly low speed trails and of course mud.

Thanks In Advance

P.S. I hate Polaris (obviously, I own one)
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

kfx400rob

wolverine 450 4x4... not the best mudder, but a great all around bike

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

SoFlaEiger

I rode my friends Honda 450 with 589s this weekend and I also rode my suzuki eiger with 589s right after it.

I got both bikes stuck at MS&G and let me tell you: the honda didn't even have enough power to spin the tires in the mud once i got stuck!! After seeing that, I ran my eiger through teh SAME EXACT HOLE immediately afterwards...I went about 4 feet further and once I got stuck, I was still able to spin the tires.  The Honda has no balls.

The Eiger has more power, is faster, has more low end, and all around is my choice for mid sized bikes.

bugmanjr

08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

Bigscrb15

I can only recommend the Wolverine 450 or the Vinson since those are the only 2 bikes I have had a lot of experience with. The Wolvy is a great price and has an awesome ride. The Vinson has more power and is larger. I am 6'4' and just over 300lbs. My Vinson handles the weight fine and does awesome. My fiancee's wolverine does pretty good with me but it is smaller and I don't like how little it feels. The wolverine has followed our vinsons through water and mud that was pretty deep.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Mars

Honda or Suzuki.
I have a 99 Foreman 450 that is almost un-stoppable. I have only owned one Suzuki ute so far and the wife and I are pleased with it.
A 450 that would not turn it's tires? Must have some mechanical problems.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Joedirt

for the Money you spend you can not beat  Suzuki or Bombardier.....the Outlander 400 and the Vinson 500 couple of the best all around bikes I have seen we have just about one of each bike on that list that we ride with with the exception of Polaris..and they are tough bikes
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

NPRVinson

We own three Suzukis and have had no problems with them. I ride an '03 Vinson which gets put to the test way more than the others and it has never failed or disappointed me. I have somewhere around 2600-2800 miles on it and have changed the brakes once and routine oil changes.

MachineDog

Honda's are cool and lightweight, easy to sport around too. The yamahas dont feel the same at the throttle, almost like there's no power behind it. The Arctic Cats are good but they're huge, they weigh 600+ and don't feel sporty at all, but in the mud or in a heavy duty hauling situation they shine. Personally my next bike will probably be a honda Foreman. I hear suzukis are lighter and feel alot softer but I've never tried them so I can't say for sure.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

bugmanjr

thanks guys I have it down to either suzuki or bombardier..
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

wheelie_boy

My choice would be the bombardier.  My dad and i just purchased an outlander 400 after we rode our buddies and it was great.  Very comfortable, and great power. It has the rotax engine( don't know what thaty means,but it sounds like a good thing)  HAvent ridden a suzuki but from riding the bombardier i love it.
05 kx 250f

SoFlaEiger

Quote from: Mars on March 06, 2006, 09:23:22 PM
A 450 that would not turn it's tires? Must have some mechanical problems.


actually the bike is fairly new...like less than 2 months old and the girl that owns it told me she's gonna jet it simply because it doesn't spin the tires in the mud.  It makes sense.  Hondas are notorious for being underpowered.  My Buddy has the new foreman 500 and it has the same sized carb as my 400 eiger and he can't keep up with me in a race.

Bombardier doesn't have enough of a name or reputation yet for me to buy one, so i'd stick with suzuki.  The Vinson gets awesome reviews, so maybe give it a shot? i love my eiger...

wbass24

Hondas are weird in regards to power.

I have a buddy with an 02 Foreman 450 on 28" Mudzillas, completely stock motor, and he turns them fine.

I have another friend with the exact same bike on 26" Outlaws, Jet kit, pipe, K&N, clutch kit, etc., and he will bog down and can't turn the tires.

bugmanjr

wbass   ive seen the same thing.. one honda with awesome balls, but the next same bike doing  nothing...

anyway its either suzuki or bombardier    going to test drive them both and decide..


Thanks Guys
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

AintSkeered

I've a 2003 Outy and it has been rock solid on the trails. However, it does not always have enough power in thick mud, especially with heavy aggressive tires like Mudzillas, etc. This week, I'll either be buying a new Outy 800 or a new 06 Honda Rincon(675). My buddy's new Honda Rincon 675 with Mudzillas had NO problems last week in the Muddy Gras L-Cross mud, plenty of power. It's $2K less than the Outy 800. But, Outy has also added a new 650 model now, so that might be an option for you when they become available at dealers. The Outys have CVT belts, which can get wet/slip/tear and require you to have 3 snorkels(airbox & CVT in/out) if you want to snorkel it. I really like what I've seen in the new 06 Honda Rincon(675), though, and no CVT belt. You can extend the Honda warranty 4 years for $500.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Sahara311

I just got a Bombardier, and my only complaint is that i can't find parts, but that's because the model just came out..
It handles well, has great bounce, and it's fast enough. ;)
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

bugmanjr

keep your opinions coming I really apreciate them..    ;D
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com