The "HOW TO" on avatars and posting images

Started by RL400, January 28, 2005, 05:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL400

Ok, many people have problems with images in posts, signatures.. making their own personal avatars... So i thought i'd make a quick tutorial...

Im going to start with avatars (the image under your username).
If you want you're own custom avatar you'll need the image up somewhere on the web.  Well, http://www.photobucket.com is a good free upload site.

It's quick, free, simple.  Takes 2 minutes to sign up.  Make sure you select account type "FREE"  It won't auto charge you, just dont overlook that.








In that I HAVE MY OWN PIC text box i put the whole URL, yours should look SOMETHING like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/rlucas/atvfl_sample.jpg

Scroll all the way down and hit "Change Profile" and that should be it with the avatar...

------------------------------

Now for posting images.
You can do this two ways.
1. Upload to photobucket.com and post them by copying and pasting the "IMG" text box contents...
(Doing it this way will allow you to post more than 1 picture per post - You can have many many images in one post using this way)


Pasting that should look something like this:
[*IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/rlucas/atvfl_sample.jpg[/IMG]
IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THAT, WITHOUT THE ASTERISK (*) IN THE FIRST IMG TAG

That'll do this:


Or you could post it by clicking "Browse..." Right below your post

Like it says, IT MUST BE UNDER 75KB. To make it smaller thank 75k... i dont know how to do that with paint, i know there is a way though, i just dont know that.  I can only do that with photoshop.  So if anyone else wants to add to this, please do so.

If anything i said was unclear or incorrect [that includes tpyos... err i mean typos, just send me a private message and i will fix it ASAP.

Hope this helps!

LakeMaryKid

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

RL400

#2
Quote:o WHAT A NERD!!!!  ;D
haha lmk.
well i kept getting asked by people on how to do it, so this saves them and me time. ;D

Chuck_Norris

Quote:o WHAT A NERD!!!!




















 ;D
wouldnt say that KID, Well Done RL400 even at my age I am sometimes computer illiterate. I am more apt at my age to not get involved with it as much as I am, hard to teach the old dog new tricks. GOOD JOB RL

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

RL400

#5
Quotewouldnt say that KID, Well Done RL400 even at my age I am sometimes computer illiterate. I am more apt at my age to not get involved with it as much as I am, hard to teach the old dog new tricks. GOOD JOB RL
thanks.  i thought using images to explain it would help out alot, seeing is usually easier to learn stuff. ;D

btw LMK was joking  ;D

mudnuri

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com