Exhaust DB levels in FL

Started by WPBSMOKA, February 02, 2006, 11:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WPBSMOKA

I have a 400ex with a full WB R4 exhaust.  I know this thing is loud, and I know they sell a quiet core or whatever for it.  But does anyone think it would be too loud to ride at say Croom or something along that lines?  Pretty much anything is a drive for me, so I don't want to get somewhere and have to leave because my exhaust might be a pinch louder than the next guys.  I really couldn't even say if it's any louder than other aftermarket exhausts.  So any feedback on how strict they are, or if my exhaust is even at risk to exceed the levels, it would be much appreciated. 
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



Ida_Mann

there are no DB level restrictions in the state or federal forests that I am aware of, you do however need to have a forestry approved spark arrestor.

a little side note, I have been riding in Ocala since '88 and have been stopped by a ranger MANY times or otherwise spoken with them, and NEVER have they checked for the spark arrestor.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

WPBSMOKA

Thanks for the quick response. Like I said, it's loud but I don't see it being any louder than the next guy.  Just didn't want to tick other riders off it was an issue.  I will purchase a spark arrestor, but funds recently depleted from much needed parts. (brakes, filter cleaner, clutch cable etc.)Thanks again Id@
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



yamaha350r

spark arrester dont cost much they might only be like 20$$


DZ 350

i got an hmf and its loud and no complants, in croom, like they said get a spark arrester.
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

yamaha350r

i herd that they dont even check for spark arrestors at croom,, but i havent been there so im just goin by wut they said

Toomey

Never been checked myself.... but I hardly ever get up there....  :'(
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

dj_pizzim

ive got the same exhaust with no spark arrester with a 440ex and i will say it louder than any other bike ive heard other than a raptor with a alumapro ive never had problems at croom or ocala
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

WPBSMOKA

Perfect, that was exactly the response I was looking for dj_pizz. Thanks
'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics



Honda328i

My 400EX has FMF Titanium and it is also very loud.  Last weekend people thought it was an airboat coming ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com