Sandmountain MX continued ........

Started by A.T.P. RACING, December 21, 2005, 01:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

#50
Quote from: dreth on December 23, 2005, 10:40:41 PM
I BEG TO DIFFER! This thread layed dormant for 2 days until thedemon reared his ugly head!

waaaa cry us all a river!!!!! :'(
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

trx#9

 :N To much reading, I need a beer break!!!!!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dreth

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on December 23, 2005, 10:43:01 PM
Quote from: dreth on December 23, 2005, 10:40:41 PM


I BEG TO DIFFER! This thread layed dormant for 2 days until thedemon reared his ugly head!

waaaa cry us all a river!!!!! :'(
[/quote]


dont cry me a river! he is the one with the ugly head :M

Ida_Mann

I for one have been encouraged to go to SandMountain,,,,I more than likely will not go on the MX track,,,but that's because when it comes to any MX track, I'm a wuss and I admit it,,,,however I think the TT track is calling my name.

now I sit back with more popcorn,,,I'm not gonna need dinner tonight if this keeps up ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ride1Rob

#54
 :-\
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

RTR_380/450R

Dont make the KING get on here and sort you boys out! 8)

The quality of conversations need to turn in the other direction so here it goes!

SM will and has made promises to listen!  But I promise you that it is discouraging for them to read stuff like this!  there are several ways to accomodate everyone!  This IS their first time, you know! 

All of your suggestions have been taken into consideration.  They will make changes.  But they wont make everyone happy.  For the ones that want to keep the track the same, It wont hurt you guys to have it changed a bit!
For the ones that do want a few changes, you are the ones that are more concerned about safety! Not the ability to ride the track faster!
Safety is a huge conern for the SM crew, so dont worry, they will address them!

Now, on a lighter note!  Has anyone seen the front of my quad!?
I didnt think so!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

IDA, bring your but out! Im tired of hearing you talk about it!!!!! ;D
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

A.T.P. RACING

I can't belive this thread has turned into yet another hijacked someone bashing someone off topic mess. I started the thread for a PROFESSIONAL place for everyone who has concerns about a track to post their ideas.

If I must say this, if there is a bad apple to post in the bunch, then let it be. The bigger person is the one who over looks a bunch of junk typed on a keyboard and makes useful posts about the topic.

If everyone cant keep on topic, Iwill have the thread deleted and you all can ramble this useless nonsense else where. START YOUR OWN THREAD !!!!

TO: Sandmountain,
I hope you will overlook some of the off topic posts and see through to what it was all about in the first place. I will say this, if you guys dont move so much as a grain of sand, my family will come to your tracks as long as the gates are open and we have a few dollars in our pockets to get there.

Keep up the good work !!

ATP Racing
[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

dreth

#57
Quote from: A.T.P. RACING on December 24, 2005, 07:35:02 AM
I can't belive this thread has turned into yet another hijacked someone bashing someone off topic mess. I started the thread for a PROFESSIONAL place for everyone who has concerns about a track to post their ideas.

If I must say this, if there is a bad apple to post in the bunch, then let it be. The bigger person is the one who over looks a bunch of junk typed on a keyboard and makes useful posts about the topic.

If everyone cant keep on topic, Iwill have the thread deleted and you all can ramble this useless nonsense else where. START YOUR OWN THREAD !!!!

TO: Sandmountain,
I hope you will overlook some of the off topic posts and see through to what it was all about in the first place. I will say this, if you guys dont move so much as a grain of sand, my family will come to your tracks as long as the gates are open and we have a few dollars in our pockets to get there.

Keep up the good work !!

ATP Racing


I BELIEVE WE WERE



Quote from: dreth on December 21, 2005, 12:23:58 PM
Im completely satisfied at this point to know that the sandmountain family is definatly considering our suggestions! it is the 2nd closest track to my house(bithlo is the closest) and that is why id like to see some changes. my son is 6yrs old and will soon be looking to ride a bigger track but as of right now i will not let him on a track of that caliber. however with a few changes i could possibly be spending alot of time there ;)



YOU MEAN LIKE THAT ONE!!!!


To all who have had to read this garbage I do appologize! Those that know me  already know that was way out of my character. To those that dont know me, well, if you did, then you would not have said the things you said!  I was very offended by thedemons remarks towards me! I never made ultimadems or demands or said anything bad about sandmountain! I just asked for a few changes that i felt would make the track safer for inexperienced riders. REGAURDLESS of any of that I still should not have responed to thedemons remarks towards me and for that I am sorry once again! 53yfz450, trx9, 74 yz85, and motorcross maverick I also appologize to you as well because you got caught up in the crossfire!

Sandmountain Family,
                        Like you already know from my PM that was sent I am sorry if this has caused you any greif. MERRY CHRISTmas to your family!

01ZX12R

Now whos the MAN .  Merry Christmas everyone and please be safe.

Wayne
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Exmx54

Although I've never been to Sandmountain, I think we should hold a group ride there. Get people of all skill levals there ranging from the everyday guy on the site, to the fast guys on the ATP race team, and see if we can get everybody happy. An expert quad rider will make any jump that an expert dirtbiker will make, there are circumstances, but for the most part is true. Thundercross used to have some big jumps, but all were do-able, and guys with stock suspension could make them, but the track was still able to please everybody! You guys up for a group ride at Sandmountain to try and help out as a community?

53yfz450

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

Exmx54

Quote from: 53yfz450 on December 25, 2005, 04:31:10 AM
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,9470.0.html   ;)



Ahh, thanks for clearing that part up, guess all I gotta do is show up now! Let's get some more replies in the group ride thread! Enough arguing, we're all on this site for one reason  8)

dreth

quadsonly4
Location: N/A

Newbie

Offline

Posts: 2


Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!


     Re: John Natalie Jr rips up SandMountain today...
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son is the one that wrecked on the step-up Sunday.  We were training with John.  The nasty messed up arm was not broken?  He did break his neck though.  He can finally move his hand and fingers.  He made a couple of laps on Wed. and then needed to hit the ice packs.  I would like to thank the Sandmountain family for everything they did for us this week.  These are some of the nicest track owners I've ever met.  Donny Banks is another.  He gave us Echeconne for the weekend to practice.  The owners of Sandmountain were amazing.  They asked what needed to be changed or refined on the track.  They told us to take the dozer and change anything we wanted.  We will help make some changes when John gets back next week.  Thanks again to the whole Sandmountain family.  Thank Kyle for riding with my little ones.

trx#9

No hard feelings Dreth, I like people with a strong opinions even if they don't agree with mine. I didn't know you that you got hurt out there either. I think were just going to wait and see what SM wants to do and except their decision.    Merry christmas everybody!! :Hug.gif
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dreth

Quote from: trx#9 on December 25, 2005, 06:41:16 PM
No hard feelings Dreth, I like people with a strong opinions even if they don't agree with mine. I didn't know you that you got hurt out there either. I think were just going to wait and see what SM wants to do and except their decision.    Merry christmas everybody!! :Hug.gif

8)

quadsonly4

Thanks Dreth for posting the accident.  He has no problem with SM at all.  My son has hit the step-up hundreds of times with no problem.  He was doing the BIG triple in the front before they changed it.  He still cleared it as a single to table.  He came up about 2 inches short on the step up on Sunday when he was training with Natalie.  The problem with that jump is not the landing, it is the take off.  The take off is to steep.  When he crashed, the bike bottomed out on the take off and scrubbed to much speed.  That is the same problem on the big single to table in the front.  We race nationals and that jump is not any different than any other big jump.  If you can't clear it, then don't jump it.  He needs big jumps like those to get ready for the nationals.  He doesn't blame the jump, he blames himself for coming up short.  The owners of SM are the nicest family we met in a long time.  We went back out during the week to train with Natalie and my son was back on the bike to help heal his injuries.  Please don't think bad thoughts about me for allowing him to ride with a broken neck and mangled arm.  The broken neck is not life threatening and can't damage his spinal cord.  The doctor said resume (normal) activity ASAP to help with healing.  She knew that this was normal for him.  Natalie is helping him train to hopefully become national champion someday.  John says only after he retires though.  Anyways, back to my point.  The owners of SM asked for my sons and Johns opinion on the track and what needed to be changed.  We have several ideas and they were very open.  They even gave me the keys to the dozer so John could change whatever he wanted.  When John comes back to Florida this week, we will be out training and try to make some changes for everyone.  Just remember, you can't please everyone.  What John and my son are capable of doing and what they are looking for in the track may not be what everyone else is looking for.  Do know this, the owners of SM are GREAT people and they have spent  a ton of money on the track for US.  Please be patient with them.  Help them help us.  They are listening to all of you.  I made them aware of some of my concerns, like some of the take offs and landings.  John and I will do our best to make some changes.  Thank you listening to me ramble on.

Sandmountainspeedway.com

Quote from: quadsonly4 on December 26, 2005, 08:19:58 PM
Thanks Dreth for posting the accident.  He has no problem with SM at all.  My son has hit the step-up hundreds of times with no problem.  He was doing the BIG triple in the front before they changed it.  He still cleared it as a single to table.  He came up about 2 inches short on the step up on Sunday when he was training with Natalie.  The problem with that jump is not the landing, it is the take off.  The take off is to steep.  When he crashed, the bike bottomed out on the take off and scrubbed to much speed.  That is the same problem on the big single to table in the front.  We race nationals and that jump is not any different than any other big jump.  If you can't clear it, then don't jump it.  He needs big jumps like those to get ready for the nationals.  He doesn't blame the jump, he blames himself for coming up short.  The owners of SM are the nicest family we met in a long time.  We went back out during the week to train with Natalie and my son was back on the bike to help heal his injuries.  Please don't think bad thoughts about me for allowing him to ride with a broken neck and mangled arm.  The broken neck is not life threatening and can't damage his spinal cord.  The doctor said resume (normal) activity ASAP to help with healing.  She knew that this was normal for him.  Natalie is helping him train to hopefully become national champion someday.  John says only after he retires though.  Anyways, back to my point.  The owners of SM asked for my sons and Johns opinion on the track and what needed to be changed.  We have several ideas and they were very open.  They even gave me the keys to the dozer so John could change whatever he wanted.  When John comes back to Florida this week, we will be out training and try to make some changes for everyone.  Just remember, you can't please everyone.  What John and my son are capable of doing and what they are looking for in the track may not be what everyone else is looking for.  Do know this, the owners of SM are GREAT people and they have spent  a ton of money on the track for US.  Please be patient with them.  Help them help us.  They are listening to all of you.  I made them aware of some of my concerns, like some of the take offs and landings.  John and I will do our best to make some changes.  Thank you listening to me ramble on.

Everyone keep in mind that that this track is for all and we ask for everyone,s input we talked about this yesterday with the whole familly we just want to hear all that ride the track to tell us what they think. We dont expect to make all happy but we do hear you and some of you that are new think we dont. We moved the cars to TT off weekends that is anothother day of work for us but some of you told us they mess the track up so it is done. Anyway we at Sand Mountain hope you had a Merry Christmas we will be there to talk none of us are unreachable some of you have our cells and our home numbers and there is atvflorida.com and our site. Thanks for everything. Sand Mountain Familly       

trx#9

Quote from: quadsonly4 on December 26, 2005, 08:19:58 PM
Thanks Dreth for posting the accident.  He has no problem with SM at all.  My son has hit the step-up hundreds of times with no problem.  He was doing the BIG triple in the front before they changed it.  He still cleared it as a single to table.  He came up about 2 inches short on the step up on Sunday when he was training with Natalie.  The problem with that jump is not the landing, it is the take off.  The take off is to steep.  When he crashed, the bike bottomed out on the take off and scrubbed to much speed.  That is the same problem on the big single to table in the front.  We race nationals and that jump is not any different than any other big jump.  If you can't clear it, then don't jump it.  He needs big jumps like those to get ready for the nationals.  He doesn't blame the jump, he blames himself for coming up short.  The owners of SM are the nicest family we met in a long time.  We went back out during the week to train with Natalie and my son was back on the bike to help heal his injuries.  Please don't think bad thoughts about me for allowing him to ride with a broken neck and mangled arm.  The broken neck is not life threatening and can't damage his spinal cord.  The doctor said resume (normal) activity ASAP to help with healing.  She knew that this was normal for him.  Natalie is helping him train to hopefully become national champion someday.  John says only after he retires though.  Anyways, back to my point.  The owners of SM asked for my sons and Johns opinion on the track and what needed to be changed.  We have several ideas and they were very open.  They even gave me the keys to the dozer so John could change whatever he wanted.  When John comes back to Florida this week, we will be out training and try to make some changes for everyone.  Just remember, you can't please everyone.  What John and my son are capable of doing and what they are looking for in the track may not be what everyone else is looking for.  Do know this, the owners of SM are GREAT people and they have spent  a ton of money on the track for US.  Please be patient with them.  Help them help us.  They are listening to all of you.  I made them aware of some of my concerns, like some of the take offs and landings.  John and I will do our best to make some changes.  Thank you listening to me ramble on.
Mr. Your not for real are you, Letting your son ride with a broken neck and a mangle arm. You better take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself is it really worth it. Letting your 15 year old son risk his life, and your doctors story is a BS story, because no doctor would say that.  look back at your first post on this topic you said he's just getting feeling back in hands and fingers. Rome wasn't built in a day, and either was your son. I can't believe nobody on this site replyed to this. Remember your sons a B rider he shouldn't even be trying these jumps yet. I already lost a friend to a A.T.V. accident in 1994 RANDY HOWARD.  I don't want to see another rider go.    And SM your crazy for letting this kid ride there so soon.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

quadsonly4

Those jumps at SM are no more difficult than some of the jumps at the nationals.  He was hitting them on a 300ex.  He has hit and will hit any jump that one of our pros will do.  You are only as good as the people you ride with.  It is always best to ride with the fastest people in the country.  How are you going to get where they are if you don't do the things they are doing???  My son knows his limits and I believe in his talents.  Most of his past injuries came from the silly things that you never expect, not the big jumps.  Like I said before, that jump is very easy.  I blame myself for not having the rear shock set up correctly and he blames himself for wrecking.  Thanks again SM for all your support.  Great job!!!!

RTR_380/450R

Quote from: quadsonly4 on December 26, 2005, 08:19:58 PM
I can't believe nobody on this site replyed to this.

Nobody replied because its none of our business!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

trx#9

Quote from: RTR_380 on December 29, 2005, 03:33:59 AM
Quote from: quadsonly4 on December 26, 2005, 08:19:58 PM
I can't believe nobody on this site replyed to this.

Nobody replied because its none of our business!
That is my business Jacka$$ because if he wrecks into me because his hand goes numb from a lack of feeling I'm going on a butt kicking spree,  Want to sign up!!!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

RTR_380/450R

#71
Wow brother!!!  The name calling wasnt quite called for!  Thats OK though,  Im sure you will have a good explanation for why you did it when I ask you about it at the track!!

DONT WORRY THOUGH!  ILL ASK NICELY!!

Im not much of a butt kicker! ;)  But if your starting a list, then put me at the top!!  I might be able to give it a try after we talk!!  Im just a little wimpy guy!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

trx#9

Quote from: RTR_380 on December 29, 2005, 04:14:50 AM
Wow brother!!!  The name calling wasnt quite called for!  Thats OK though,  Im sure you will have a good explanation for why you did it when I ask you about it at the track!!

DONT WORRY THOUGH!  ILL ASK NICELY!!

Im not much of a butt kicker! ;)  But if your starting a list, then put me at the top!!  I might be able to give it a try after we talk!!  Im just a little wimpy guy!
Hey brother, just looking out for myself and other riders. Shouldn't have said a stupid remark like ( because its none of your business ) think before you type. Other than that I was cool, sorry for being a little to tough. ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

quadsonly4

#73
Why does that make him a dumba$$??   He only gave his opinion.  My son is at 85% after the wreck and is trying to get to 100% for the first race at Glen Helen CA in one month.  He is 110% commited to his goal.  He knows his limits and comes off the track when his body has had enough.  If you have ever watched him practice then you know he practices alone.  He makes sure there is no other riders around him.  It shouldn't matter though because he is ONLY A B RIDER and you should be way ahead of him.  What does only a B rider mean.  There are alot of very fast B riders.  He would run A in 2006 but he only started racing in Oct 2004 and lacks some experience.  He has along way to go yet.  Hopefully with alot of hard work, Natalies training and the help of great track owners, we can someday bring a national championship to Florida.  I was practicing SM last week with him, my 11 and 6 year old and they were all jumping better than me and I was on Natalies old bike.  I admire all of you that can do those jumps. 

Quad32x

Anybody  seen  my  beer ? :S  Bunch  of  the  Short  Bus  crew  will  be  there  sunday.  Stop  by  and  say  hi ! ;) ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32