7 year old boy (huge for his age) should I go with a 90 or a 200?

Started by Pastense, December 05, 2005, 02:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastense

I truly appreciate everyones input on this subject.  I believe that my best course of action is probably going to be a Honda 90.  Although, admittedly no reverse and low clearance will initially be an issue, I feel that my son, as did I, should learn on the 90cc engine modality.  Lack of ground clearence will just be something he will have to learn to overcome and as far as reverse is concerned he will simply learn that though he may feel he has no limitations any machine made by man most certainly does...............It is when we as men feel we can exceed those limitations of physics and machines, that injuries occur.  I beleive that all on this board would agree that holding a child back rather than allowing him too much lattitude is the safer although not quite as fun choice.
Thank you

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Pastense on December 08, 2005, 05:35:09 PM
I truly appreciate everyones input on this subject.  I believe that my best course of action is probably going to be a Honda 90.  Although, admittedly no reverse and low clearance will initially be an issue, I feel that my son, as did I, should learn on the 90cc engine modality.  Lack of ground clearence will just be something he will have to learn to overcome and as far as reverse is concerned he will simply learn that though he may feel he has no limitations any machine made by man most certainly does...............It is when we as men feel we can exceed those limitations of physics and machines, that injuries occur.  I beleive that all on this board would agree that holding a child back rather than allowing him too much lattitude is the safer although not quite as fun choice.
Thank you




Very true but if you have good health insurance then don't worry.  ;)

In all seriousness, You are making the right decision.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Pastense

Dam if Powersports didn't just sell there last 90 in stock.

Anyone no a good place to buy quads?

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

backinsaddle

You can try Riva up in pompano.  They've always been fair to me...don't know how the prices compare to some of the names mentioned in the good, bad and ugly section, but I thought I did pretty well.  i got my yfz as soon as they came out, tax, tag and title included, for less than retail

Chevy1500z71

get the 200 man, u can always mess with the governer, and 90s are just wimpy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com