:)I guess I will go ahead and get this started:
starting point: eurika dam
date: October 1st
meeting time: 8:00am
start riding: 9:00am
expected distance: ? (Not yet known)
this starting point is located just off ne160th st and 1/2 mile north of hyw 316. as you head west from salt springs turn north (just before you cross the bridge over the ocklawaha river, you will be heading towards ft. mc coy)on ne 160th street, go 1/2 mile look for paved road on left turn there and park in an orderly manner. there are 2 sides to this area, the north side which is legal and the south side that is posted. it would be best if nobody rode in the posted area (even though the climbs and jumps are better) for obvious reasons.
Any suggestions are welcome, lets see what everyone thinks!
Im game just let me know what day
o yeah im in for this one too after the first one im not gonna miss one period :)
i wanna go! i wanna go!
jeff
I can't wait picking up the new quad on Saturday, this ride can't get here soon enough.
Quote from: girlieblazer04 on August 11, 2005, 08:02:30 PM
I can't wait picking up the new quad on Saturday, this ride can't get here soon enough.
where you gonna test ride it this weekend?
jeff
Not sure yet, we are talking about getting up Sunday morning early and going somewhere.
Depends on what day ?
I'm there. I'll do another muddance.
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on August 11, 2005, 08:07:36 PM
Depends on what day ?
I am not sure yet, some want it on the 24th and some want it on the 1st. I guess we will have to see what is good for jjamesbar since he is the guide.
if t helps i'll change my vote to october 1st. matt is very familiar with the woods as well, maybe he could lead the sport quads. the thing is he rides his yfz everywhere we ride our utes.
jeff
Does not matter to me what day so I am in.
Jim,
Most likely we will be in also .......
alrighty then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:00:23 PM
i wanna go! i wanna go!
jeff
Hey Jeff we were hoping you could make it if not we would all kinda be lost ;)
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:04:14 PM
Quote from: girlieblazer04 on August 11, 2005, 08:02:30 PM
I can't wait picking up the new quad on Saturday, this ride can't get here soon enough.
where you gonna test ride it this weekend?
jeff
Thinking about hitting Rodman this sunday for a ride. Gotta test out the new quad
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:27:55 PM
if t helps i'll change my vote to october 1st. matt is very familiar with the woods as well, maybe he could lead the sport quads. the thing is he rides his yfz everywhere we ride our utes.
jeff
I guess for those who ride Sport quads and dont mind some water or mud they can hang with the utes 8)
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:27:55 PM
if t helps i'll change my vote to october 1st. matt is very familiar with the woods as well, maybe he could lead the sport quads. the thing is he rides his yfz everywhere we ride our utes.
jeff
Well looks like you said October 1st is the day. It doesn't matter to us, as long as we get to ride.
We are in for 10/1.. LOOKING FOWARD TO IT !!!!!
And also put us in for 2 white shirts size large I like the one I have from ride # 1 and we will bring more toys too..
Where are the toys going to?
Frankie & Tami
The Grizz's are going on Oct 1. Should I run the list and If everyone wants they can pm me with contact cell # and I'll print a list for everyone to have
Mama Grizz
Oct 1st, Im there....
Mudmonkey if you go make sure you weld up that swing arm j/k. Of course they were welcome rest breaks for us. And we were able to hit some speed to catch up.
Is there any good campgrounds with cabins in that area?
Quote from: Mama Grizz on August 12, 2005, 01:16:29 AM
The Grizz's are going on Oct 1. Should I run the list and If everyone wants they can pm me with contact cell # and I'll print a list for everyone to have
Mama Grizz
nice to have the grizz's along. just like old times.
everyone, please indicate which group your riding in.
run the list mama.
jeff
Sound good to Oct 1st - the last ride was awesome will try to make it Oct 1st - I marked the calender
Not afraid to die, just dont want to be there when it happens
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*
GSXR1000 2
Susieblazer 2
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1
Bigscrub79 1 ute
Ppark350SE ?
Jwscroll ?
Backinsaddle 2* sport
scrub brothers are UTE
Well, I guess Ill break the bad news to the site. I just called Elite Resorts to see if they have any cottages available for Sept. 30th through Oct. 2. They said on October 1st they are closing all the cottages to remodel them. When they are done remodeling them they are being put up for sale. So this is the end of Elite Cottages. Does this justify moving the riding date to the 24th so we can book cottages or just find elsewhere to stay?
My wife and I are trying to make it...sport bikes
just a quick note to say on the last ride I and seabe jim each picked up roofing nails in our tires Seabe got 3- I only got 2 mine were both in the same rear tire I tink Jim got 2 in 1 and 1 in the other rear tire. don't know where we got them poss. on the trail next to road from chillens to the parking area .
Just spoke to Elite to see if they might postpone the closing of the cabins for one weekend and they said no. They do have 23 cabins available for the weekend of Sept 23-25. What does everyone think The Grizz's can do either weekend
Mama Grizz
I say October 1st would still be better. We can just all pile into the Grizz's RV. ;D
I don't think so lol. There's always tent camping at Salt Springs across the street
Mama Grizz
i have a gut feeling that this ride will be big.
jeff
im in for either weekend 1 sport with me hopefully suzieblazer goes so i can hitch a ride with them if not my dad can use the time to get to know the jeep and himself better lol j/k but ill be there one way or another.
We can't do the weekend of Sept. Oct 1 works better for us.
It doesn't matter either weekend is good for us.
Me and Larry will be there with 2 UTE's. How far is Salt Springs from the site we are leaving from? Are we meeting at the same pit as last? Ute's couse have MUDD? Hopefully we can get some more UTE's from down here.
Jim
Bill and I have sports, dirtygrl80 (Tiffy) has a utility-sport, and spacerider has a sport..............
What about the cottages at Oklawaha, there is always Mill Dam also. We might make it, depends on work. It would be a last minute thing if so.
Quote from: NPRVinson on August 12, 2005, 11:01:42 PM
What about the cottages at Oklawaha, there is always Mill Dam also. We might make it, depends on work. It would be a last minute thing if so.
If you can handle the camp nazi that runs the place. Guy is pretty hard on atvers but he had his good moments. ;D
I'm in for 10/1. Jeff, I'll bring my GMRS/FRS radios and take the back. ;D
Ute, of course, and I'll bring my tow straps!
I have GMRS/FRS radios as well that we can use, not the rino though.
Mama Grizz - I will need to be on the same run as Susieblazer - I also have a nextel would that work and maybe we can get a nextel group to get numbers and stay in contact as well - let me know and i will give out the number
Yea, beware of camp nazi at Ocklawaha. lol. He just has simple rules (do not start atvs in resort or take them off trailer) He is a neat guy though. I might stay there.
ive gotta rhino 110 not to good with it havent really gotten a chance to mess with it
The Garmin rinos work great on these rides we kept in contact with each other the whole time. We could also see where the other rino users were on our screen. If you are going on this ride and you have a rino make sure you download the new update from Garmin as it will let the rinos position report in gmrs mode substancialy increasing the range.
My family and I stayed at Salt Springs on the last trip. Awesome campground if you have kids or your a big kid. $14 per camp (not per person) per night. All the emmenities (shower, restrooms, power and water hookups on the RV side), plus a killer swim hole, which might not see too much use in Oct. but it's pretty cool to look at.
My wife and I will be there and I would love to do another toy run. We'll be on the twins ( Ranchers) for planning purposes.
Jeff, should I get one of those radios that ya'll had? Let me know what type to get so that it's compatible with yours and we can use them again.
This will be a good one. The tough decision is which machine to ride? I had a great time on the Rhino with my son last time. If he wants to go again(of course he does) I'll Rhino it. If I come by myself then I would be happy to lead a group on a full throttle with afterburners 5th gear O my back hurts did we really ride THAT many miles ride. Maybe I'll ride with the Utes in the morning and the sports in the afternoon, life is so full of tough decisions.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 14, 2005, 01:44:11 AM
This will be a good one. The tough decision is which machine to ride? I had a great time on the Rhino with my son last time. If he wants to go again(of course he does) I'll Rhino it. If I come by myself then I would be happy to lead a group on a full throttle with afterburners 5th gear O my back hurts did we really ride THAT many miles ride. Maybe I'll ride with the Utes in the morning and the sports in the afternoon, life is so full of tough decisions.
man thats gotta suck!!!!!! I think I will leave the sport at home this time and bring my cooler and ute. the sports fun and all but darn I got thirsty!!!!!
Are the sport quads going to ride casually or will this be an all out hell bent speed ride?? I did pretty well on the first ride with only a minor bruise, but I am not up to a real speed event ........LOL
im on a sport and im gonna get one of those backpacs that hold water instead of a cooler cuz that was a pain to carry on a sport. and how do you download the updates for the rhino or is there not one?
Quote from: ppark350se on August 14, 2005, 02:19:03 AM
im on a sport and im gonna get one of those backpacs that hold water instead of a cooler cuz that was a pain to carry on a sport. and how do you download the updates for the rhino or is there not one?
Go to the Garmin website and look for updates. They'll give you instructions there.
Quote from: spacerider on August 13, 2005, 01:40:47 AM
Mama Grizz - I will need to be on the same run as Susieblazer - I also have a nextel would that work and maybe we can get a nextel group to get numbers and stay in contact as well - let me know and i will give out the number
pm me with the numbers making a list for everyone just in case
Mama Grizz
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1 sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1 ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 ute
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
I'm in for October 1st. Not sure if I'll have anyone w/ me yet. I'll give you the update if I do. I'm in now for one ute.
Quote from: jwscroll on August 13, 2005, 10:01:37 AM
My wife and I will be there and I would love to do another toy run. We'll be on the twins ( Ranchers) for planning purposes.
Jeff, should I get one of those radios that ya'll had? Let me know what type to get so that it's compatible with yours and we can use them again.
what was the fanal tally for the the toy run?
check with it200 on the rhino radio's, seems like he and dm johnson had them.
jeff
someone needs to step up and leed the sport quads.
jeff
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 14, 2005, 01:44:11 AM
had a great time on the Rhino with my son last time. If he wants to go again(of course he does) I'll Rhino it.
if you bring the rhino then i'll have a ride back. ;D
jeff
Just a heads up, Bowhunting season starts Sep. 24th. Bright colors are recommended.
I ride a sport but I can not do a full blast afterburner 6th gear ride for very long. I like the very technical trails with lots of turns not the get on a road and see how fast it will go. Logs to cross and sharp of camber turns are fun, oh well will just have to wait and see, either way I am looking forward to this ride.
Jim,
MammaGrizz add one guest to my list so far.
we have 3 sport. my wife, son and my self. i can do a full afterburner ride for about a 1/2 hour.... then leave us some bread crumbs to fallow.we dont have to kill our selves , but a little quicker pace than last time would be good,,,
Quote from: jbbj220 on August 15, 2005, 12:24:45 PM
I like the very technical trails with lots of turns not the get on a road and see how fast it will go. Logs to cross and sharp of camber turns are fun, oh well will just have to wait and see, either way I am looking forward to this ride.
Jim,
jim, the trail from chillinthemosts place to eurika dam has a real fun part with high bearms and sharp turns. its not whooped up (too bad) either. its even fun on a ute. most of us didnt ride that trail on the last ride, we need to make sure we hit it this time.
jeff
Quote from: GSPKurt on August 13, 2005, 01:24:47 AM
I'm in for 10/1. Jeff, I'll bring my GMRS/FRS radios and take the back. ;D
Ute, of course, and I'll bring my tow straps!
great, you and it200 were a big help last time.
jeff
yes the trail from chillen`s place to the pit is aswome but thanks to a bad supsion setup i could not go fast for long.
i would like to speed the pace up a little but i cant ride allout all day.
i be commin up with suzieblazer so i woulnt be able to take off to far so i dont lose them.
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Ocala national forest on the west side. I could tell you more but then you have to go w/ us.
Quote from: NPRVinson on August 12, 2005, 11:01:42 PM
What about the cottages at Oklawaha, there is always Mill Dam also. We might make it, depends on work. It would be a last minute thing if so.
GSXR1000 is in only for 10/1 and will be staying at Oklawaha site # 9 again and we know that some tenter's didn't like it there but the cabins there are very nice and sleep up to 8 I think in some of the one's with lofts full bath and kitchens also
and we will ride in the utility ride as we are bringing the new rhino.. but if everyone is staying at salt springs we my stay in the rv there instead so let us know what's going on with the date..See ya Tami
My group is talking about either tenting it like we did last time or getting a cabin at Oklawaha.
Mamma Grizz Add 2 utes for JR to the ride please.
I'll be there with my Rino radio.
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Welcome, cdc120! Of course you can come! Where do you live? What do you ride?
Kurt
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
We are new to the site too. Some ppl have to be smart a**'s to the newbies on the site but all seem cool in person. We went to the first ride there and had a good time. If you go to the thread for Eurika Dam Group Ride I there are good directions and a map. Bring lots to drink!
yes drinks are a must i learned that on the first ride lots of water is a must.
Quote from: muddmxr on August 17, 2005, 01:09:00 AM
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Some ppl have to be smart a**'s to the newbies on the site but all seem cool in person.
Sorry if I've offended you. I was just playing. I'll try not to do that to you in the future.
And yes he's exactly right everyone can go. We are a very welcoming group. Spend any time on here and you'll get addicted like the rest of us. Have fun riding, I'll look forward to meeting you on the rides. :)
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1 * sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 ute
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 17, 2005, 03:55:15 AM
Sorry if I've offended you. I was just playing. I'll try not to do that to you in the future.
Not offended. Without you I would feel left out and unloved. LOL. Had a great time on the last ride and hope to make it to this one. See ya there.
where is Oklawaha? is there a website ?
Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 17, 2005, 03:55:15 AM
Quote from: muddmxr on August 17, 2005, 01:09:00 AM
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Some ppl have to be smart a**'s to the newbies on the site but all seem cool in person.
well the bein a smart a** to the noob is gonna happen i got alot of it but after the first ride i gain some respect and the smartness stoped.
hope to meet you on this ride.
Quote from: lil_Mrs._Honda1 on August 17, 2005, 03:15:37 PM
where is Oklawaha? is there a website ?
and i would like to know the website for my mom she wants to camp up there for a weekend but i woulnt be campin to much just riden.
Quote from: ppark350se on August 17, 2005, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: QT314Nfla on August 17, 2005, 03:55:15 AM
Quote from: muddmxr on August 17, 2005, 01:09:00 AM
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Some ppl have to be smart a**'s to the newbies on the site but all seem cool in person.
well the bein a smart a** to the noob is gonna happen i got alot of it but after the first ride i gain some respect and the smartness stoped.
hope to meet you on this ride.
Quote from: lil_Mrs._Honda1 on August 17, 2005, 03:15:37 PM
where is Oklawaha? is there a website ?
and i would like to know the website for my mom she wants to camp up there for a weekend but i woulnt be campin to much just riden.
good answer! lol
Quote from: lil_Mrs._Honda1 on August 17, 2005, 03:15:37 PM
where is Oklawaha? is there a website ?
Oklawaha is a lake/river in Ocala Forest. For directions on where the group is meeting, refer to the first post of this thread. I can post a map if needed. Hope you can make it.
Quote from: GSPKurt on August 16, 2005, 06:14:56 PM
Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
Welcome, cdc120! Of course you can come! Where do you live? What do you ride?
Kurt
We live in Cocoa .Not too many places to ride here. We usually ride at TICO Airport .
Quote from: lil_Mrs._Honda1 on August 17, 2005, 03:15:37 PM
where is Oklawaha? is there a website ?
Ocklawaha Canoe Outpost & Resort
15260 N . E. 152 nd place
Fort Mc Coy, Fl 32134
352-236-4606
2 miles from the ride
Thanks for the info !
Anyone ever stayed there? Is it as nice as it looks?
how does it compare to elite?
THANKS
gsxr1000, scrub brothers, wilburz, seebeejim, shulco, and myself stayed last time. only down side is no pool and hot tub. but it's alot cheaper too i think. it was nice because it's 2 miles to eureka dam from there.
I wanna go! :) Hopefully my arm will be better by then and i can ask my dad and see if we could make it that weekend.
IM in so far 3 sports but im riding with the jjamesbar train
So far it's me, the wife & kids, and two of my buddies bringing a total of 5 utility quads. Bringing alot more to drink this time, and a better firstaid kit.
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on August 19, 2005, 11:18:52 PM
IM in so far 3 sports but im riding with the jjamesbar train
YES!! we can go!!!
im set ill be gonin with suzieblazer just need to clean my bike from last lol its almost clean but i dont think im gonna ride like a ute. anymore.
see ya there! :P
QuoteBringing alot more to drink this time, and a better firstaid kit.
:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :groupies.gif :groupies.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
That first aid kit suuuure came in handy! I am also putting together my own first aid kit. Got Stitch some better boots, too. Stitches came out Friday. Still got some healin' to do.
well what about the ride distance path all that.
Where is there to stay around there ?
We might try West Lake Delancey. Does anyone know the trail from there to the meeting area? If it's open we'll probably stay there. Just remember it's the first weekend of Bow hunting season, so we'll be sharing the woods.
im wanting to go, but i have to see if i can get that day off first. :-) shouldnt be a problem.
Ok I got the CPR and First Aid Program for the weekend who is interested in taking the class on Sunday and becoming American Red Cross Certified price $ 20 each. I need at least 12 students
Mama Grizz
is there an age limit stupid question but i would like to take a cpr course again last time was in elementry school dont remember much?
but might not be able to take it becouse im riden with suzie and bill.
Mamma you know I'm in for sure. Thanks for getting that together. We need as many ppl as possible certified and prepared. We won't all be out on these things together. Let's hope another "stitch / gspkurt" incident doesn't happen. But let's also be prepared if it does.
As for camping as stated earlier. I know some of us will be at the Ocklawaha Camp Ground again. Info on it is posted earlier as well.
Im up for the course Mama Grizz, i still dont know where we are staying but we will find somewhere before we get there.
I've taught kids as young as 12 as long as they are serious about the course
Mama Grizz
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1 * sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute #
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
Mamma Grizz, my cell is 941-915-7731 and DC is 161*195037*13
Quote from: caospop on August 22, 2005, 06:22:58 AM
Where is there to stay around there ?
Hey Manny, Frankie & I are staying at Ocklawaha resort they have cabins so call for resv. 352-236-4606 (no pool cheeper than elite).. Hope to see you there
P.S. Frankie bought me a RHINO 2 weeks ago, he's the man!!!
ok its dmljohnson w/utility, IT200 w/sport, and 1 more w/util
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:00:23 PM
i wanna go! i wanna go!
jeff
jeff did you fix your bike yet.....see you there
and yes those rhinos do come in handy...i want one of those flat gas tanks too......
Once again anyone is welcome to setup camp in our yard. we have 1 1/2 acres right in the forest. We also have a pool to cool off in afterwards. Please feel free to PM me for directions. There are also smooth trails right off the property for a sunday morning ride.
So far only have two for CPR class need twelve to make a class
Mama Grizz
I don't really have the time to organize the shirts for this ride but we could still do toys or cash donations. Also , would anyone like to suggest a different recipient or should we stick with Arnold Palmer?
We are connected with the Childrens Home Society thru Girl Scouts. They receive children most times with just the clothes on their back
Mama Grizz
whos going to leed the sport group? me grizz and chillin will take turns on point with the utes.
jeff
Quote from: jwscroll on August 25, 2005, 10:56:30 AM
I don't really have the time to organize the shirts for this ride but we could still do toys or cash donations. Also , would anyone like to suggest a different recipient or should we stick with Arnold Palmer?
what was the final tally toys/cash collected on the last ride?
jeff
Quote from: dmljohnson on August 24, 2005, 11:26:59 PM
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 11, 2005, 08:00:23 PM
i wanna go! i wanna go!
jeff
jeff did you fix your bike yet.....see you there
havent gone into it yet. have been working long days for the last 2 weeks. hope to get to it next week.
jeff
Quote from: GSXR1000 on August 23, 2005, 08:31:45 PM
Quote from: caospop on August 22, 2005, 06:22:58 AM
Where is there to stay around there ?
Hey Manny, Frankie & I are staying at Ocklawaha resort they have cabins so call for resv. 352-236-4606 (no pool cheeper than elite).. Hope to see you there
P.S. Frankie bought me a RHINO 2 weeks ago, he's the man!!!
my group stayed there on last ride ,(seebejim & qt ) it was nice dispite all the owners rules. no unloading atv on the grounds, no speed over 4.5 mph on the grounds ,ecet.
but it wasn't bad I think were staying there this time also
I think Kat1333 is going, along with her son. I believe they'll be with the ute group, riding sports.
Kat1333, can you confirm? :-\
To answer jjamesbar, this site donated awhole bunch of toys, about 4 shoppingcarts full, and all the cash you guys spent on the tshirts was donated.
That plus some extra donations brings the monetary total to $450. Great job folks, I hope to see that kind of effort at the next group ride.
Please put my son and me in for Oct 1. Looking forward to our first real ride out and with the ATVFlorida group. We have sportquads but want to run with the utes. (if we can?) Thanks. My cell is (954) 303-3603 and my son Aaron has Nextel but I do not have the nextel number on me.
Thanks.
Quote from: Kat1333 on August 29, 2005, 05:14:30 PM
Please put my son and me in for Oct 1. Looking forward to our first real ride out and with the ATVFlorida group. We have sportquads but want to run with the utes. (if we can?) Thanks. My cell is (954) 303-3603 and my son Aaron has Nextel but I do not have the nextel number on me.
Thanks.
Kat, since it's your first ride, did anyone tell you about the requirement that you have to buy lunch for everyone in your group? And beer. You have to buy beer, too. :drink.gif
Yes and it takes a lot of beer, my Rhino only gets about 5 miles to the beer ;D
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 30, 2005, 01:37:38 AM
Yes and it takes a lot of beer, my Rhino only gets about 5 miles to the beer ;D
I know! I was behind you the last time until the "incident" and I was dodging empties the whole way! (Just kidding)
Wait, did you say 5 miles or .5 miles?
Maybe this ride could be a benefit ride for hurricane victims? $20 per person entry fee? Just a thought...
Quote from: GSPKurt on August 30, 2005, 01:29:13 PM
Maybe this ride could be a benefit ride for hurricane victims? $20 per person entry fee? Just a thought...
I think that's a great idea. I'm up for it.
kurt, sounds like a good idea to me. but are we talking florida hurricane or ms, la hurricane, or just donate to red cross and let them figure it out?
I vote the Red Cross. A trusted organization that will put it to good use. I'm in.
i vote for the red cross also :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Quote from: jwscroll on August 29, 2005, 09:38:01 AM
To answer jjamesbar, this site donated awhole bunch of toys, about 4 shoppingcarts full, and all the cash you guys spent on the tshirts was donated.
That plus some extra donations brings the monetary total to $450. Great job folks, I hope to see that kind of effort at the next group ride.
thats better than i expected. great job everyone. you should do a post in general discussion to let everyone know. truly awsome.
jeff
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 30, 2005, 01:37:38 AM
Yes and it takes a lot of beer, my Rhino only gets about 5 miles to the beer ;D
it only got that good last time because we ran out of beer. ;D
jeff
for the sport guys riding with us utes, we avoided the deepest water trails on the last ride because of time restraints (and we ran out of beer) if things go right we will be heading straight for them on this one. ive seen some sports make it through (around) most of the deep water.
jeff
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 31, 2005, 08:33:53 AM
for the sport guys riding with us utes, we avoided the deepest water trails on the last ride because of time restraints (and we ran out of beer) if things go right we will be heading straight for them on this one. ive seen some sports make it through (around) most of the deep water.
jeff
I made it through everything on the last ride with my Trailblazer. It wasn't bad at all on the last ride. This ride though I will have the new one, so I still shouldn't have a problem.
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1 * sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute #
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport*
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
Quote from: girlieblazer on August 31, 2005, 11:36:56 AM
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 31, 2005, 08:33:53 AM
for the sport guys riding with us utes, we avoided the deepest water trails on the last ride because of time restraints (and we ran out of beer) if things go right we will be heading straight for them on this one. ive seen some sports make it through (around) most of the deep water.
jeff
I made it through everything on the last ride with my Trailblazer. It wasn't bad at all on the last ride. This ride though I will have the new one, so I still shouldn't have a problem.
8) :drive.gif :ThumbsUp.gif Same here, the trailblazer did more then I even antisipated........was very pleased and look forward to this ride..........LOL
I have my winch mounted, and will bring 2 tow straps! :drive.gif :drive.gif :drive.gif b:r b:r b:r
Oh, yeah-
Red Cross!
my raptor had no problem in the mud intell i got cocky and......well everybody knows and im not tryin that again.
sounds like we'll have no problems, lets ride!
jeff
I know one thing if gas prices get any higher we will be backing out. It is $2.99 a gallon at most gas stations where we leave, a few are over the $3.00 mark. The prices are making it so we can't even fill up the quads.
Quote from: girlieblazer on September 02, 2005, 02:25:42 PM
I know one thing if gas prices get any higher we will be backing out. It is $2.99 a gallon at most gas stations where we leave, a few are over the $3.00 mark.
I'll second that one....2.99 for 87 octane here in sarasota.
MB
if any 1 cant make it that weekend ill be going up to ocala the 7th threw the 10th any 1 is welcome to join
Quote from: jjamesbar on September 02, 2005, 12:09:56 PM
sounds like we'll have no problems, lets ride!
jeff
just hope that my quad holds together! lol it should *dad is a great mechanic!!* so see everyone there!!
Quote from: muddbuggy on September 02, 2005, 07:30:40 PM
Quote from: girlieblazer on September 02, 2005, 02:25:42 PM
I know one thing if gas prices get any higher we will be backing out. It is $2.99 a gallon at most gas stations where we leave, a few are over the $3.00 mark.
I'll second that one....2.99 for 87 octane here in sarasota.
MB
We will still be there ...................got the toys, gonna use them, not a problem................ :drive.gif
is it september 30th yet :-\ ?!!? i wanna ride to make up for last time! and just because i want to ride :P ! lol
just wondering if anyone has got what it takes to lead the sport quads..i know the mud is fun , but i would really like to open it up a little.. just wondering if anybody on a sport knows there way around..
sound s to me like the utes are wanting to get a lot deeper than we went last time. and thats to deep for me on a sport. you other sports might want to keep that in mind. they said in an earlier post that they are going straight to deep mud.and that maybe more than a sport can take..most arent water tight ect...
i guess i just want to make sure we have a leader for the sport quads as well. its a long trip up for us.and we have to do it in a day because of pets.really wanting to cut loose and have a good time
Here's a gas question...what do you all do about the gas situation? Do you come back to re-fuel? Reason I ask is that I don't have anywhere to carry a fuel tank on my YFZ.
Thanks,
Pat
hey pat, you would be surprised at the distance you can get on a tank..i was worried last time and got a gas can rack for the back.. never had to use it. you may want to get a way to carry some food and water though. you will need it out there.
Sam's has a nice Jansport hydration pack with storage pockets. Black, for $20 or $25 I got one and can't believe how much I use it!
Kurt
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hello All,
Just checking if we are still on for hte 1st of October?? Where do we meet??
JG
Meet at Eureka Dam at 8am then riding at 9am usually.
Great!!!
Can I ask a favor?? If I'm coming from Orlando...actually Lake Mary, what are the directions to get to the meeting spot? Any help would be great!!!!
Also, I have a 1986 350x 3-wheeler I'd like to bring. Is this going to be a deep mud ride?? If so, I'll bring my other bike.
Thanks!!
JG
(http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Jeffgre/9aa90e42.jpg)
Hey Jeffgre,
I live right over in Sanford. I take 46 and head west (over the Wekiva River bridge). Then go on 46 past Mt Plymouth and after you pass the BP gas station on your left go a few more miles and look for rd 437 (a blue sign I think) on your right. Take that Rd north and make a left when you run into the next main rd 44. Take 44 west and you will hit hwy 19. Go north on 19 and you will past Umatilla and Altoona and enter the Ocala Forest. Keep going for a ways like 30 minutes maybe. Your going to go past hwy 40 and will actually be alongside Lake George even tho you can't see it. When you get to about where the top of Lake George is on a map you are going to make a left onto rd 316 going west. This is the road Eureka Dam is off. You take this road a ways and it's the last road (I believe its "N 160th ave rd") on the right before you go over a huge bridge over the Ocklawaha River. If you cross over the bridge just turn around and go back thats what always happens to me..lol
Here is a link to mappoint that shows rd 316. http://mappoint.msn.com/(rhdnmgv15fa4eizglzod23qx)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=29.37188%2c-81.90865&A=41.56667&P=|6217C|&TI=Eureka%2c+Marion%2c+Florida%2c+United+States
Thank You Thank You!!
About how long does it take you to get there??
JG
Sent you an email @ jeffgre@aol.com with a better map. To be safe I would say give yourself an hour and a half. Takes me just over 45 minutes to get to Big Scrub and thats about half way I would guess.
Quote from: girlieblazer on August 31, 2005, 07:36:56 AM
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 31, 2005, 04:33:53 AM
for the sport guys riding with us utes, we avoided the deepest water trails on the last ride because of time restraints (and we ran out of beer) if things go right we will be heading straight for them on this one. ive seen some sports make it through (around) most of the deep water.
jeff
I made it through everything on the last ride with my Trailblazer. It wasn't bad at all on the last ride. This ride though I will have the new one, so I still shouldn't have a problem.
Same here, the trailblazer did more then I even antisipated........was very pleased and look forward to this ride..........LOL
This will be Aaron and Jason (my sons 22 and 20) and my first group ride. We have sport bikes. I believe GSP bought and installed his new winch to drag us out of the holes. I cant wait.
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
jbbj220 1*sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Bigscrub15 1 ute
Spacerider 1 * sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute #
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport*
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2
Chris505 4 sport
Demon boy 3 sport
Team quad green 1
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls? Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes? Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.
Can you carry a cement block with a chain tied to it and your bike? If so you are in. :)
There are a couple of hills you might have to navigate down. How do you plan on preventing yourself from just flying down the hills without brakes? You got a couple of weeks why not fix them?
Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes?
no permit, no inspections. love to see you there, just please don't ride behind me ;)
Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls? Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes? Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.
Come on up, brakes are a good thing but just ride with caution and you should be ok. The UTE ride wont be a fast one so it should be fine.
People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(
That is truely a depressing thought, Well This Ride should be Good, and It will be sad once they ban Rhino's cause that thing came in handy.......
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 09, 2005, 08:39:12 PM
People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(
what?!?!?! :'(
Hey i mentioned this earlier in this topic but im going to say it again incase anything needs to be takien care of . Mydad and i are probably going!! Unless the docs say i cant ride untill after the first then ill be there!
Sounds good Oct 1. Is there mud out there? I have a honda rancher. I am reading about groups. Is it sport bikes with one & 4x4 with another? Or does everyone ride together. Let me know
This time there trying to Run Sport Quads in one Group and Ute's In another, There can Be Mud out there. This time The Utes are head towards the St John's. We tryed to head there last time but the Water and Mud was a little Much for the Sports Quads. So this time with the Utes should me Interesting
NEW TO SITE THINK SITE IS AWESOME. WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND OCT. 1 RIDE. IS ANYONE HEADING UP THAT FROM THE TAMPA/PLANT CITY AREA. I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 09, 2005, 08:39:12 PM
People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(
Chiilin-
Let me try to clarify this.
You
won't have to buy a sticker, at least not that I am aware of.
You
can ride from one trailhead to another. It will be a big loop. Trails will be marked.
You will need to pay attention to where you are, as the signs are not that big. There are no trail maps yet, because the final signatures are not in place yet. The red closed area signs are still going to be in place.
Once the trail system is in place, enforcement will be "enthusiastic", so you must be aware of the trails. That is why the Volunteer Ranger system is being implemented. We are trying to inform as many riders as possible ahead of time. Trail maps will be posted at every trailhead. The whoops will eventually be groomed out, and the trailheads will be very nice, with vault toilets and pull-through parking. The guys in the green trucks will be around to inform and educate. We will not issue citations. We do not have the authority, and I, for one, like the concept.
Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls? Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes? Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.
If you don't have brakes, I don't think you should be on this ride. There WILL be abrupt stops. Your quad is UNSAFE without brakes. You have plenty of time to get them fixed before the ride. I don't know anyone who would want you riding behind them.
If your bike is not in decent shape please get it there before the ride or you will find yourself coming back for your bike later.
Quote from: RDJ on September 11, 2005, 09:14:37 PM
NEW TO SITE THINK SITE IS AWESOME. WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND OCT. 1 RIDE. IS ANYONE HEADING UP THAT FROM THE TAMPA/PLANT CITY AREA. I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW
RDJ pm me if you want to follow us or need directions
we live in Plant City and we are going up on friday
the 30th
Is it time to ride yet. I hate waiting ;)
me and the crew will be there
4 sports
I'll be heading up there from Sarasota and so will a few others. Also a few ppl from the St. Pete area. So if you are looking to follow someone pm me.
Ennie- please get your brakes fixed! You WILL need them! Anyone else w/ brake probs get them fixed! I'm fixing mine over the next week or so. If anyone choses to ride w/o brakes I'm w/ the others...please don't ride behind me.
I'm thinking of going up Friday and camping through the weekend. Not sure where my group is going to camp. Right now it's looking like Ocklawaha Camp ground. You can't ride from there, you can't take your quads off the trailer. If you have something where you need to unload the trailer to sleep inside you will have to push them out and back in, you are not allowed to start the quads on the property. The owners are ready to join all the other camp grounds and ban them there because of the problems they've had w/ atv riders. So please if you're going to camp there be respectful and follow the rules. It's the closest camp ground to Eureka Dam.
i think i can go we will go with 1 sport one honda fourtrax 2X4 soz...
but we may go with 3 sports and the ute not sure yet
If I can get a weekend from work again Ill be there on something not sure what yet. Im gonna have to ride and show some of yall Im not just a mud bogger.lol get her done
Ok.... I really want to go but I don't think anyone from my area is going that I can follow up. Let me know if anyone is going up from Ft. Lauderdale that would be willing to let me follow since I have never been to the Dam.
I'm going up from Ft. Laud. We're leaving prob Friday sometime, and staying with my parents that night (they live on the south side of the forest). But it's not hard to get to Eureka from there. let me know
What time do you think you are leavinf Friday? I have to work until 5.....
Anybody else leaving after work?
Not sure what time. I usually like to leave in time to beat the west palm traffic as that can easily add an hour to the trip, and I don't know if my wife has to work. There's a chance we would leave that late, I'll talk to my wife and get her thoughts.
Quote from: backinsaddle on September 14, 2005, 05:23:10 PM
Not sure what time. I usually like to leave in time to beat the west palm traffic as that can easily add an hour to the trip, and I don't know if my wife has to work. There's a chance we would leave that late, I'll talk to my wife and get her thoughts.
Alright let me know!
yes Im leaving after work and other things
imma have to drop outta this one, looks like I will be in Georgia. Yall have fun and I look forward to riding another time
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Susieblazer 2 sport
Spacerider 1 * sport
Bigscrub79 1 ute #
Ppark350SE 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
dirtygrl80 1 ute-sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport*
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
Team quad green 3 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
I have a utility if that helps
I am also going to have to drop out as I will be working. Was looking forward to this as I had so much fun and meet some really nice people. :'(
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!
Jim,
jbbj WORK, Illcall you in sick so you can go ;)
Thanks, BIGWORM, but it is the first of the new year for us and lots to do. Plus with the past 2 storms we are really busy flying and people all over the place.
Like I said, HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE
Jim,
Quote from: jbbj220 on September 15, 2005, 11:08:13 PM
Thanks, BIGWORM, but it is the first of the new year for us and lots to do. Plus with the past 2 storms we are really busy flying and people all over the place.
Like I said, HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE
Jim,
I'll write ya a Dr.'s note. Just let me know what's ailing you. ;D
uhh i got to drop out of it we need a trailor and the 300ex's starter switch broke
Quote from: ~Demon_Boy~ on September 16, 2005, 12:26:17 AM
uhh i got to drop out of it we need a trailor and the 300ex's starter switch broke
oh well that stinks! :-\ maybe next time :P
looks like this ride is Shrinking, Should still be fun.
still have 53 coming. It should bea fun ride
Mama Grizz
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 16, 2005, 01:33:24 AM
still have 53 coming. It should bea fun ride
Mama Grizz
yea ;D
By emergency contact number do u mean cell number, if so mine is (786) 423 6554. and ill be on the sport ride.
I want to go, but I will have just got back from my race weekend.. So I will be all out of money... DANG!! Oh well. I think me and atvtrailor are going to setup a ride in mid october and anyone is welcome to come along, but it will be a sport ride mostly.
I have 2 more utilities coming with me so a total of 3 tqg
Who's going to lead the ride now, if JJ isn't going?
When did JJ say he wasn't going? I havn't had the pleasure of meeting the Grizz yet but Jeff told me the Grizz knows his way around the forest and coming from Jeff that says a lot.
I'm trying to talk a friend into going. He has lived up in the north end of the forest for over twenty years. He knows every single trail like the back of his hand. I'm sure if no one else wants to step forward he would do it.
i havent read all the posts yet but i dont believe i told anyone that im not going. as far as i know im still down. ive been off line for a few weeks as i have been busey with other things. im still trying to get the big bear running. if i dont have it running by october ill borrow one.
jeff
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 18, 2005, 02:31:22 AM
When did JJ say he wasn't going? I havn't had the pleasure of meeting the Grizz yet but Jeff told me the Grizz knows his way around the forest and coming from Jeff that says a lot.
in my opinion grizz is a first class guy and he knows the forest very good. you cant not like the grizz and his family.
jeff
SOMEONE MENTIONED A FEE FOR THIS RIDE HAS THAT BEEN DECIDED FOR SURE AND IF SO HOW MUCH
Sorry about that one Jeff. I was looking at the Post JbbJ and mistaked it for you. No problem, I didn't know if anyone else knew the Eurika ride like you do. I haven't got a chane to learn any of the forest up there yet. As of now me and Larry will be there and in Nov will are heading to Redcreek off road in Mississippi. Great Place too.
I'm new to the boards, and have never ridden Eureka dam.
Is this ride geared toward sports or utilities?
I think I'd like to go. What are you doing for gas support?
"Ever take it off any sweet jumps?" - Napoleon Dynamite
FROM WHAT I HEARD THROUGH THE FORUM THERE WILL BE 2 GROUPS SPORTS AND UTES
JJamesbar and the Grizz are both excellent leaders in the forest. Having had the pleasure of following each of then in different rides. I hope they are both there and willing to lend their knowelege of the area as well as ATVing to the ride. Lookinf forward Don
What time is everyone meeting?
Quote from: girlieblazer on August 11, 2005, 05:46:51 PM
:)I guess I will go ahead and get this started:
starting point: eurika dam
date: October 1st
meeting time: 8:00am
start riding: 9:00am
expected distance: ? (Not yet known)
this starting point is located just off ne160th st and 1/2 mile north of hyw 316. as you head west from salt springs turn north (just before you cross the bridge over the ocklawaha river, you will be heading towards ft. mc coy)on ne 160th street, go 1/2 mile look for paved road on left turn there and park in an orderly manner. there are 2 sides to this area, the north side which is legal and the south side that is posted. it would be best if nobody rode in the posted area (even though the climbs and jumps are better) for obvious reasons.
Any suggestions are welcome, lets see what everyone thinks!
does this cover it? ;D
I WILL BE THERE. 1 UTE
Ty didnt feel like reading 9 pages to see if something had changed
np ;D
Scooter, I'm betting you wont make it in the morning, but I bet you wont miss the after party ;D
Quote from: jjamesbar on September 18, 2005, 02:23:50 PM
i havent read all the posts yet but i dont believe i told anyone that im not going. as far as i know im still down. ive been off line for a few weeks as i have been busey with other things. im still trying to get the big bear running. if i dont have it running by october ill borrow one.
jeff
Jeff let us know if the bike is down we can always bring the kodiak
Mama Grizz
btw Claude is only going becase Jeff is go and we miss him :'(
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 19, 2005, 12:16:07 AM
Scooter, I'm betting you wont make it in the morning, but I bet you wont miss the after party ;D
If i was a betting man that where id place my money too ;)
I'm gonna try and make it though
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
The Grizz Family Staying at Elite 4* Ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport*
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
Team quad green 3 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
slicknick 1 *ute
Le Vinson sport
RDj 4*ute
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
ruffly how many miles you need a emc number like next of kin or something like that or like my nextel number
Just your nextel.
Mama Grizz
162*36*4261
team quad green Moe
:'( Ok my goonies are not gonna make this ride , dirtygrl80 has to work (new job and is her rotating Sat.) and Bill is going to be on call , as a guy needed off , so he has to do it now........so spacerider and I are gonna be homebound too......catch the next one.........thanx............
Sorry to hear that susieblazer
Quote from: susieblazer on September 20, 2005, 02:03:36 AM
:'( Ok my goonies are not gonna make this ride , dirtygrl80 has to work (new job and is her rotating Sat.) and Bill is going to be on call , as a guy needed off , so he has to do it now........so spacerider and I are gonna be homebound too......catch the next one.........thanx............
Susie-
Why don't you and spacerider come yourselves? You can stay with us! We've got 2 extra bedrooms. Call me.
Cross me off the list, im not gonna make it for this one.
OK, I don't know anyone but I'd like to come ride with you guys.
Couple of questions...
1) I'm riding a 450R, which doesn't have the fuel capacity of the UTES...what are we doing for fuel or is it not that far of a distance?
2) Is there a place to camp near by so I can come in on Friday Night?
3) Is it more of a slow leisurely ride or are we going to be tearing it up?
Thanks
Uncle Rico
And whoever is in charge, drop me an email so I can give you my info.
Quote from: UncleRico on September 20, 2005, 10:06:42 PM
OK, I don't know anyone but I'd like to come ride with you guys.
Couple of questions...
1) I'm riding a 450R, which doesn't have the fuel capacity of the UTES...what are we doing for fuel or is it not that far of a distance?
2) Is there a place to camp near by so I can come in on Friday Night?
3) Is it more of a slow leisurely ride or are we going to be tearing it up?
Thanks
Uncle Rico
And whoever is in charge, drop me an email so I can give you my info.
Usually Fuel is not a Problem. And If so People are Generous with fuel for those of us who totes some extra with us. The Pace of the ride varys with how many riders we have, There should be 2 groups, a Sport and a UTE group.. There is camping near by so I am sure someone will post that info shortly for you. Hope I cleared a little up for you. There are alot of great people on these rides so I hope you make it
-Luis
well i dont think ill be able to make it to this ride since suzieblaze isnt going and my dad has to work so owell always next time and a reason for me to get a trailer.... well and a license well in may atleast.
ok..... I'm trying to figure out if I can make this ride or not... would be my first by the way besides L-Cross.... I would be coming up friday evening from West Palm Beach... does this ride start at eureka dam or over by silver springs and goes to the dam and back ? I'm just trying to find the closest possible tent camp to the start point I can since I know nothing about the area, preferably something with showers (the G/F would appreciate that one LOL). Also, was it ever decided if there was going to be a fee or not? I also know some folks on Ocala I can possibly stay with if it's anywhere near where this ride is, they live close to I-75 though. Thanks for any info. :T
Dave
Best I know is we meet at Eureka Dam at 8am and the ride is at 9am. We will ride the northern portion of the forest. The closest camp ground is Ocklawaha and it has showers. You may not under any circumstance start your quad or take it off the trailer there. They are the only camp ground close by that allows ATV's. Please be respectful if you stay there. GSXR1000 I believe is staying there.
I was but I'm not sure now. I have my dog w/ me that weekend so I'll either be staying w/ a friend or in a pet friendly hotel.
Are we there yet? Hope it rains again the day before, sure is dusty with 50 bikes when its dry.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 22, 2005, 12:19:22 AM
Are we there yet? Hope it rains again the day before, sure is dusty with 50 bikes when its dry.
are u sure its just for the dust?? the mud is kool 2! :P
Sorry Guys
The Grizz Family will not be able to go to much stuff happening at home
Mama Grizz :'(
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
Seabeejim 2 ute
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 2 *ute 1#
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 3*sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport* 1 gator 3 dirt bikes
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
Team quad green 3 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
slicknick 1 *ute
Le Vinson sport
RDj 4*ute
TXSRanger 2
UncleRico 1 sport
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
Mama Grizz and the Grizz family we are going to miss you.
I need to add 1 gator and 3 dirt bikes to my crew going on this ride. Thanks.
Thanks Qt
it's just all the work at home is backing up.
Mama Grizz
jwscroll I will call you this weekend I thinking about following you up. Im only going up there for the day also.
Moe
Quote from: Kat1333 on September 22, 2005, 07:04:55 PM
I need to add 1 gator and 3 dirt bikes to my crew going on this ride. Thanks.
Kat-
Utility group, right?
how far on 19 is the big bridge from 40
the big bridge near Eureka is on 316
I HAVE SEEN GROUPS IN THE PAST REQUIRE HELMETS. ARE THEY GONNA BE REQUIRED ON THIS RIDE THANKS
Quote from: FOREMAN500RON on September 23, 2005, 12:12:57 PM
I HAVE SEEN GROUPS IN THE PAST REQUIRE HELMETS. ARE THEY GONNA BE REQUIRED ON THIS RIDE THANKS
Helmets are not required, but when you pass underneath trees on a trail going about 20 mph and a low one gets you, you will have wished you had worn one
Mama Grizz
THANKS FOR THE INFO
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 22, 2005, 01:06:24 PM
Sorry Guys
The Grizz Family will not be able to go to much stuff happening at home
Mama Grizz :'(
You will be missed, haven't seen you guys in a long time, maybe we will see you on the next one.
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 22, 2005, 01:06:24 PM
Sorry Guys
The Grizz Family will not be able to go to much stuff happening at home
Mama Grizz :'(
[/
quote]
you guys will be missed,
Is anyone else camping that weekend up in that area?
Also, is there a post party, barbeque, or anything of the like planned?
I'm considering tent camping if it's not to hot..otherwise, I'll be having to leave from Lakeland by 5:30 to make it there and unload in time for the ride.
Oh I almost forgot, Uncle Rico may need to add two more people.
Is there a cut off date, or can I let you know mid next week?
Thanks Girlieblazer we miss you too
No UncleRico there is no cut off date
Mama Grizz
where exactly is eureka dam,say from hwy 40 coming in from 95.please supply directions, help
hyw40 to 19 go north to salt springs turn left on 316 directly after Elite Resort go 8-10 miles see the BIG bridge but dont go over turn left before bridge on 160th go 1/2 to 1 mile and turn right on the old paved road(dont remember the street) everyone will be parked on the left about 1/8 mile down that road.
I cant wait , I got the dirextion yall are great for responding
TQG
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 23, 2005, 11:51:01 PM
hyw40 to 19 go north to salt springs turn left on 316 directly after Elite Resort go 8-10 miles see the BIG bridge but dont go over turn left before bridge on 160th go 1/2 to 1 mile and turn left on the old paved road(dont remember the street) everyone will be parked on the left about 1/8 mile down that road.
Turn right on 160th ave
thats right, turn right. I come from the other way so I'm used to turning left
Thanxs for the directions guys. :)
im in for oct 1st. can i get directions... mama grizz you got my numbers maam? where can i stay ?
Tami any suggestions ???
Ok, I'm tossing the idea around of going. IF I go, I'm not sure if it will be just me or me and the boys. I'm pretty familiar with the forrest but not the Eureka area. Where am I staying? I heard people are staying at Oklawaha. If I'm staying somewhere safe I'll bring the open trailer (better gas mileage). If It's not safe then I'll bring the enclosed (terrible gas mileage).
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 24, 2005, 08:41:09 AM
Ok, I'm tossing the idea around of going. IF I go, I'm not sure if it will be just me or me and the boys. I'm pretty familiar with the forrest but not the Eureka area. Where am I staying? I heard people are staying at Oklawaha. If I'm staying somewhere safe I'll bring the open trailer (better gas mileage). If It's not safe then I'll bring the enclosed (terrible gas mileage).
mike dont worry about the cost of gas. if i had your money id throw mine away. :)
jeff
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 22, 2005, 01:06:24 PM
Sorry Guys
The Grizz Family will not be able to go to much stuff happening at home
Mama Grizz :'(
sorry you cant make it. i know how things back up. going through that myself. heck, im still trying to get situated to get down there and ride with ya'll.
mama, can you send some salami sandwiches up anyway?
jeff
come on big homie I will have my demo king quad for the ride and my will have his new bomber800 there.. It should be fun.
If I go I will take the KQ and the Rappy. I really want to open the Rappy up one more time before I sell it. I have to play it by ear.
Quote from: jjamesbar on September 24, 2005, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 22, 2005, 01:06:24 PM
Sorry Guys
The Grizz Family will not be able to go to much stuff happening at home
Mama Grizz :'(
sorry you cant make it. i know how things back up. going through that myself. heck, im still trying to get situated to get down there and ride with ya'll.
mama, can you send some salami sandwiches up anyway?
jeff
Jeff, You get your quad fixed yet?
-Luis
OK,OK,OK
Forget about the roof, forget about the fence , The three vacant apts that need work, the pool that needs remarciting,we're coming. I couldn't take not seeing everyone again. Yes The grizz family is coming. IT200 can we still stay at your place
Mama Grizz
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 24, 2005, 10:37:57 PM
OK,OK,OK
Forget about the roof, forget about the fence , The three vacant apts that need work, the pool that needs remarciting,we're coming. I couldn't take not seeing everyone again. Yes The grizz family is coming. IT200 can we still stay at your place
Mama Grizz
YAY!!
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
The Grizz Family 2 *ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Jwscroll 5 ute
Backinsaddle 2* sport
GSPkirt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 4 *ute
450RRRR 3 sport
JR 2 ute
Cdc120
Muddmxr
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 2*sport & 4 dirt bikes
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Kat1333 2 sport* 1 gator 3 dirt bikes
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
Team quad green 4 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
slicknick 1 *ute
Le Vinson sport
RDj 4*ute
TXSRanger 2
UncleRico 1 sport
Da_Mtg_man (maybe) 1 ute, 1 sport
caospop 1 ute
Scramdaddy 1 ute
Txsranger99 1 *ute
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME GOOD DIRECTIONS FROM I-75 I WILL COMING FROM PLANT CITY SATURDAY MORNING THANK YOU
Directions from I75.
Get off exit 358 go east to hwy301, go north on 301 to hyw 329 look for the sign that says Sparr there is a Kangaroo gas station on the corner, turn right. Take 329 into Sparr there is a flashing red light, that is hyw200, go straight through light and follow that road until it dead ends into hyw316 turn right onto 316 and that will take you to Ft. McCoy go throu Ft. McCoy and you will cross a BIG TALL bridge. Take the first left after the bridge onto N.E. 160th then about 1/2 to 1 mile down turn left onto 157th and you're there.
I'd like to make this ride but I've never been to Eurika Dam before. I am leaving Sat. morning and not camping. 1 ute. Could I follow someone up from the Brandon, Valrico area at like zero dark thirty? :N Thanks.
Also wondering if the utes concentrate on mud riding? I wont participate but could watch for a while. What percentage of the ute riding would be muddy? In case I decide to change to sport. Any help would be cool cause my scrams arent set up for mud.
only a small percentage of trails are wet. we dont hang out at a mud hole, we ride through them enroute to somewhere else. some are deep though. by the time the 10th quad or so goes though they get real deep.
jeff
YEAH! THE GRIZZ FAMILY IS GOING! Mamma Grizz I have 2 more bikes to add I believe they are both utes.
IT200 would it be possible to stay at your place I'll have 2 dogs and 3-4 ppl w/ me. Not a problem if we can't. I hope I can get those lower ball joints fixed otherwise I'll be riding blizatch.
Can't wait till next weekend. I'm coming from Sarasota not sure what day I'll be leaving. Scramdaddy you should consider camping the weekend if you can. Z400stunter give me a buzz and let me know if you want to meet up. Just need the numbers on what parts I need to fix the lower ball joint. Hope I can't get it fixed.
hey, make ours 2 sport b/c mr jay cant make it. and if its not too late, please add 4 dirtbikes that are coming with us. thanx
Jeff-
What is the distance for the ute ride, and what is the pace?
Kurt
theres one more utility coming with me now for a total of 4
Due to the work contraints of the Navy, I will not be able to make it on this run. I hope we can all get together for a big ole camping trip soon since the cooler weather is coming. Have fun a be safe.
Jim Robbins
How long is the sport quad ride & do the dirt bikes go with the sport group or no ? I am trying to figure out what I want to do this weekend.
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ASAP SO I CAN FIGURE IT OUT.
THANKS
I'll be there. Staying at Ocklawaha (I think thats right LOL). 1st group ride so, hope to meet some new people. Mama Grizz I sent you a PM with number info. We will be pulling into camp late (not leaving WPB til around 6pm) so I guess we'll see everyone saturday morning.
Got some more questions.... Does my bike have to be titled or have any kind of permit to ride in ONF ? Do I need one of those little orange flags ? or any other type of equipment ?
no permits needed
has anyone said they would lead the sport group yet... i dont mind following the utes.. but would like to open it up some to
Are we there yet!!
my uty is still clean from this weekend
Hey matt i made it on time Sunday....
Lets see if i can do it twice ;)
COOL, LE vinson glad to see you going
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 on September 26, 2005, 09:53:23 PM
COOL, LE vinson glad to see you going
Yeah It's been awhile it'll be good to see some old faces again ;)
picking up my first quad this friday, soooooo excited, perhaps ill come out
4 MORE DAYS AND LET THE FUN BEGIN
As of now I'll probably be at IT200's place Thusday night or mid day Friday. Can't wait! If anyone else is going to be there I still have the track in my gps that IT took us on this weekend so I'd be happy to take ppl on that route. Unfortunately I don't know the forest real well so I won't be leading at any kind of pace that Mark would.
I'm not going to lead the sport group, I'm riding the rhino with my 4yr. old. Now if anyone wants to go on a balls to the walls ride in the afternoon I'll take the YFZ for a little spin. If not I'll just drink beer with scooter all afternoon ;D
I'm in for this ride. Can someone give me directions from JAX?
Thx
Where's everyone staying? Is scooterpootin or 05greengriz going?
Hey, ChillintheMost....we can let your 4 year old lead. Now that would make for some adventure!
Unlce Rico needs to add two more sports to the list under the names Napoleon and Pedro.
We're camping at Big Scrub on Friday night then trailering up to Eureka the next morning, then back to Big Scrub for some aggressive riding and another night of camping.
Is anyone else camping Big Scrub?
Uncle Rico's emergency number 863-255-2199.
Uncle Rico looks foward to meeting you all.
"Pedro offers you his protection" - Napoleon
USA450R Directions From Jax
Go to Greencove Springs and take HWY 17 south into Palatka. Take HWY 19 south from Palatka into the Ocala National Forest. As you come into Salt Springs take 316 west toward FT. Mccoy. When you see the big bridge ahead look for N. E 160th street on the right ( Last road before bridge ) Turn righ ton 160th for about 1/2 mile look for group oarkin along road on left. Good Luck see you there.
Is anyone bringing those little "HELLO, MY NAME IS...." tags?
I think that would be funny.
Don't forget to pack the cameras!!!
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"
The Ute Group
The Grizz Family 2 *ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
IT200 ?*
GSXR1000 2 rhino
Jwscroll 5 ute
GSPkurt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Muddbuggy 1 ute
Qt314NFLA 4 *ute
JR 2 ute
Cdc120 ?
Muddmxr ?
Team quad green 4 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
slicknick 1 *ute
RDj 4*ute
caospop 1 ute
Scramdaddy 1 ute
Txsranger99 1 *ute
Usa450R 1
Foreman500 4* ute
The sport group
Backinsaddle 2* sport
450RRRR 3 sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 2*sport & 4 dirt bikes
Kat1333 2 sport* 1 gator 3 dirt bikes
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
Le Vinson 2 sport
UncleRico 3 *sport
Da_Mtg_man (maybe) 1 ute, 1 sport
In case we're splitting up the groups
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
For anyone who went on the first Eureka Dam ride.. approx. how long does this ride take? I am riding in the Ute group. I'm seeing if I can make dinner plans with some folks in Ocala that I haven't seen in a long while and I am looking for a time frame as to when the ride will be over so I can make those plans. Just a basic ballpark figure. Thanks
Last time we were back at our trucks by around 5 or 6
Yeah i might be camping at big scrub on Saturday. Just gotta find the place from gainesville
We are ready to ride
hurry up week
Will Assgrabber (new member from the last ride) be there?
What will the pace be for the Ute group?
Unlce Rico needs to add two more sports to the list under the names Napoleon and Pedro.
heck yes! can napoleon teach me some of those awesome dance moves? lol
A question related to the group ride.
Two weeks ago, I spoke with an Ocala National Forest Ranger, who said that the one way trail system would go into effect in October. Has anyone heard anything more official on this. I know that many of the trails are marked and some others marked closed. He also said that any trail not marked open to ride is closed. How will this effect the ride.
Thanks Don
Quote from: JR on September 28, 2005, 12:51:43 PM
A question related to the group ride.
Two weeks ago, I spoke with an Ocala National Forest Ranger, who said that the one way trail system would go into effect in October. Has anyone heard anything more official on this. I know that many of the trails are marked and some others marked closed. He also said that any trail not marked open to ride is closed. How will this effect the ride.
Thanks Don
A couple of our members are Volunteers for the department and they keep us updated on the trail system I am sure one of them will chime in soon and answer your question. As far as I know it is not in effect yet.
USA450R Im leaving out of middleburg more than welcome to follow we take a short route.
I AM LEAVING PLANT CITY SAT AM IF ANYONE WANTS TO MEET FOR THE RIDE UP. I WAS THINKING ABOUT MEETING AT THE REST AREA ON I-75 AT HWY 54 BETWEEN 5:30 AND 6:00
Quote from: JR on September 28, 2005, 12:51:43 PM
A question related to the group ride.
Two weeks ago, I spoke with an Ocala National Forest Ranger, who said that the one way trail system would go into effect in October. Has anyone heard anything more official on this. I know that many of the trails are marked and some others marked closed. He also said that any trail not marked open to ride is closed. How will this effect the ride.
Thanks Don
Hey I am one of those ohv volunteers for ONF. The new trail system will go into effect sometime in January. The trails will be bidirectional but they will be groomed. Right now the forest is open unless posted closed. So the ride is on no problem.
OK Tami and I will be there we have 3 more utilitys and 1 sport joining are group can't wait to see everyone
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
Date Oct 1 Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
Please pm me with emergency contact number
Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
The Ute Group
The Grizz Family 2 *ute
Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1 3* UTE
Jjamesbar 1* Ute
Matt 1 sport
IT200 ?*
GSXR1000 2 rhino 3 ute, 1 sport
Jwscroll 5 ute
GSPkurt 1* ute
Chillinthemost Rhino
Qt314NFLA 2*ute
JR 2 ute
Cdc120 ?
Muddmxr ?
Team quad green 4 ute
MuddyGurl101 1 ute
slicknick 1 *ute
RDj 4*ute
caospop 1 ute
Scramdaddy 1 ute
Txsranger99 1 *ute
Usa450R 1
Foreman500 4* ute
Le Vinson 1 ute
Odie 1*ute
The sport group
Backinsaddle 2* sport
450RRRR 3 sport
Dmljohnson 2 sport & 1 ute *
Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey) 2*sport & 4 dirt bikes
Kat1333 2 sport* 1 gator 3 dirt bikes
Jeffgre 1 sp
WheelieBoy 2*sport
Chris505 4 sport
UncleRico 3 *sport
Da_Mtg_man (maybe) 1 ute, 1 sport
In case we're splitting up the groups
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List
Hey mama Grizz
I sold that sport ride
Riding a uty now ;)
See everyone Sat. :drink.gif
I talked to muddbuggy today. He's not going to make it. And as for my crew I've had 2 back out so only 2 ute's w/ me.
Also, where's everyone staying? Who's camping and when? I'll be at IT200's place Friday afternoon. I'm planning on going for a ride over there on Friday before dark and possibly on Sunday if I'm not too worn out.
Started a new job this week, hope I can still make it.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 29, 2005, 03:02:23 AM
I talked to muddbuggy today. He's not going to make it. And as for my crew I've had 2 back out so only 2 ute's w/ me.
Also, where's everyone staying? Who's camping and when? I'll be at IT200's place Friday afternoon. I'm planning on going for a ride over there on Friday before dark and possibly on Sunday if I'm not too worn out.
I think my dad and i are staying in a hotel around there.
guess what ya'll, I might be showing up,,,,,but I won't have a quad with me.
just up there to pick up stuff for next weekend that I left in Salt Springs.
Id@
jw, if you dont show who will sink there quad? Hope you can make it.
Quote from: GSPKurt on September 28, 2005, 01:41:08 AM
What will the pace be for the Ute group?
the pace will be what i consider slow. its hard to move 50 quads through the woods at a fast pace. now put 10-12 riders in a group then that changes everything. hammer down!
jeff
Thanks, Jeff. :drive.gif :drive.gif :drive.gif
well my stator hasnt made it in yet. mitch has offered up his sportsman to be sacrificed in the woods so ill take him up on it. thanks to the grizz family, girlyblazer and chillinthemost for offering up their spare rides. matt, i still might need to double up on the rhino if i break mitches polaris. :)
should be nice temp with a chance of rain.
jeff
are we really gonna be in seperate groups? like going in seperate ways or what?
this week couldnt be any slower.
I loaded up the trailer tonight. Leaving tomorrow around 2:00.
aww i wish i can go my dads parts are coming in tomorrow but we dont have a trailer :'( we'd have to load up tomorrow as soon as we got home and leave at like maybe 5am or 4am well neways hope everybody has fun i wish i could go still but maybe i can go on the next groupride
Uncle Rico, Pedro, and Napoleon are leaving Lakeland around 4:30 pm Friday. We hope to have camp set by 7pm at Big Scrub.
Uncle Rico is driving a Gold Yukon, towing a black 450r....stop by and say Hey if you're camping Big Scrub..otherwise, we'll see you all Saturday morning!
"I'll build her a cake or something" - Pedro
dont worry about me just somebody wake me up when they get to the parking area. Ill be there at like 4 or 5 am.
I'm leaving in 10 min. see you guys in the a.m. If anyone gets lost or needs anything my # is941-812-2822. I'll be up there all weekend. Matt
I'm down for sure. Leaving at zero dark thirty.
Were packed up and ready for the ride, see everyone in the morning
Gotta work tommorow :'(Ya'll be safe. Ride hard for me >:D
its show time. im outa here!
jeff
I wish I would have read this thread yesterday! :(
I cant belive I didnt check this thread out earlier. Hope everybody who went had fun....
THE RIDE IS OVER FIRST RIDE WITH THE GROUP HAD A BLAST EVERYBODY WAS NICE HOPE TO GO ANOTHER RIDE IN THE FUTURE. THANKS AGIAN FOR A GREAT TIME RON
not a bad ride some said it was the best big group ride they had in ocala but i know for about 4 people it had to of sucked. we (some of us) made it to the river which in my opinion was awsome. for those that took the short cut from matts place to eurika you missed a great 10.8 mile run through the woods. and to those poor 4 riders of the dirt bikes... if they fell over once they must have fell over 20 times some times under water. doubt we'll ever see them again. they never caught on that you have to go fast through soft sand. hope they're ok today.
jeff
Sorry I missed it guys, hope to be at the next one. Was any money collected for the Red Cross?
that ride was awesome! i like meeting all of you guys! it was great riding with all of u! hope to see you ALL on the next ride! :-*
so... whens the next ride?!!?
How many machines were there? Did you run two groups, one for quads, and one for utes?
Quote from: Bush Hog on October 02, 2005, 03:36:05 PM
How many machines were there? Did you run two groups, one for quads, and one for utes?
the head count was 40 at the dam. i think 3 riders turned back soon into it. nobody stepped up to leed the sport group so those guys followed us. there was less water this time but we hit some deep holes near the st. johns river. no serious injuries just some scrapes. 2 close call though. 2 gurls on a rhino just missed getting gored by fallen limbs. the limbs missed them and ripped open thier seats. one of the girls jeans had a hole ripped open by the limbs. i got a pic that will be posted later.
jeff
THE GROUP ON THE DIRT HAD NO PROBLEM SLEEPING LASY NIGHT THEY HAD ONE TAKE ON WATER. BUT SOMEONE PULLED THEM TO THE HARD AND THEY WAITED AND MAMA GRIZZ GAVE THE MOM A RIDE TO GET THE TRUCK TO COME PICKUP THE OTHER ONES
Man that ride was awesome.
Quote from: jjamesbar
those that took the short cut from matts place to eurika you missed a great 10.8 mile run through the woods.
About that ride, that was blast. I was going like wide open almost the whole time just trying to keep Chillenthemost (who my dad and i now call rocket man), in my veiw, which i didn't succeed in doing. When are the pics coming? ;D
Great ride,
Greg jr
I had a great time it was awesome even for a pro mudder for me.I kinda wish I still had my z400 for the ride. but the cat did great and I know the 800 sportman will be even better
Moe TQG
We had a great time as well. IT-thanks for the place to stay for a second weekend. I owe you some Corona's! Grizz and Mama sorry to see you go. Thanks for hooking up the mad steaks last night and breakfast this morning! Jeff- thanks for leading the way again. Another great ride! Nice to meet some more ppl from here as well as the ppl from the last ride. It was nice having more time to talk to y'all and get to know you a little better. GSPKurt wished you'd have come with us. Sorry I didn't see you on the side of the trail. Mark told me about it when we got back home. Backinsaddle one of these days you're going to have to stay for the whole trip. Glad you made it out for what you could. Bigworm I hope your friends were ok. Sorry about their luck. BTW have you talked to them? Jwscroll we had someone else to take your place in that mud hole. Funny when ppl don't know about it that go in. I have yet to see anyone make it out of there w/o a tow and wench. I'll be posting pics soon.
Good to know I'm not the only one that's not afraid of some mud 8)
Quote from: jwscroll on October 02, 2005, 10:54:03 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one that's not afraid of some mud 8)
It Was definately A funny site at that mud hole, That thing took about 3 quads this time
Where exactly is all this? i have never been to this area. Are there hunters out there?
750 its a ride that you dont do with outlaws real dry except by the river. We started at 316 and 160 prettymuch, we seen some trucks but onlys maybe 2 hunters
:o Sorry we missed riding with you all. But we did get to see some of you and test out a bike for a few minutes before we moved on to the secret riding place for the day. Thanks to GSPKurt, we had a great time. Wish we would have rode with all of you, but we needed to give the newbies and the younger children a slower than group ride experience. We had a great time with you guys last weekend and hope to ride again on a speed ride. GSPKurt took us on a great ride and it was beautiful, you can actually see the scenery when you go slow. I dont remember what anything looked like from last weeks Juggalo ride. All I remember it was fast and fun. Cant wait for another one of those. As for the dirt bikes, we had two in our group. The younger one was having a hard time but really gave him some great experience. I for one, switched with my friend that has a Honda 230 and I had a blast slip slidding in the sand and dirt and mud in the forest. I think dirt bikes can be a blast in the forest, but they are more work, gave me a better workout. None of our group got hurt (thank God) and we all had fun. Sorry we did not ride with the group. Thanks Jaskel for bringing your bike for me to test drive. We will see you again in two weeks. Thanks. QT, someone in our group said they saw you and that you were riding fast through the trails. Wish I could have been there. I guess your bike is doing much better. See you all next ride.
Thanks to everyone who made the Eureka Dam ride happen.
Even though Uncle Rico had to bail early (his two cohorts wanted to go do some more aggressive riding), he had a good time, and met some really nice people.
I look foward to the next time, where I'll be sure to bring more "patient" riders.
Thanks again everyone!