FloridaATV is hereby calling out ATVFlorida in a mixed (Co-ed) softball game.
Time and location TBA, probably Central Florida, in the summer.
Can you guys field a team?
when and where is this going to be is it coed or mens i play turnament ball and i am a ISA AND NSA UMPIRE so if you need help with rules let me know
Yeah , we need some more details......... I dont think you know what you just got yourself into there!!! I used to play tournament ball as well on the Budwieser team up north.
I dont see a problem beating you all, Knowing that quad 32 is probably the "best" player ( I mean drinker) you guys have ! LOL
But seriosly, like cut said, co-ed, rules and such are needed
Sign me up... I got a bag full of synergy's ready to make someone dance...
Hey Cut, who do you play for?
Quote from: cutngrs on April 19, 2007, 01:25:39 PM
when and where is this going to be is it coed or mens i play turnament ball and i am a ISA AND NSA UMPIRE so if you need help with rules let me know
Only 1 rule Cut... NO SHAVED BATS!!!! and Cain pitches...
What if we are on both sites??? Then who's team are we on..
co-ed?
CoEd,
We have DD's on 30's leading our cheerleading section, so we might lose the game but we will go down in style.
Rules, if we have an ump here, let him decide.
Quote from: Loven It on April 19, 2007, 01:55:07 PM
What if we are on both sites??? Then who's team are we on..
co-ed?
meaning you are both male & femaile? ;D
sorry loven it, don't know you, but i couldn't resist
Quote from: dynodon on April 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
Yeah , we need some more details......... I dont think you know what you just got yourself into there!!! I used to play tournament ball as well on the Budwieser team up north.
I dont see a problem beating you all, Knowing that quad 32 is probably the "best" player ( I mean drinker) you guys have ! LOL
I wouldn't say that.....
Quote from: budman on April 19, 2007, 02:07:34 PM
Quote from: dynodon on April 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
Yeah , we need some more details......... I dont think you know what you just got yourself into there!!! I used to play tournament ball as well on the Budwieser team up north.
I dont see a problem beating you all, Knowing that quad 32 is probably the "best" player ( I mean drinker) you guys have ! LOL
I wouldn't say that.....
;D ;D
what you mean no shaved bats i promise i wont hit the middle i have play with a few teams like ricon Al's now i just bounce around and play tournament when i can a manly play league ball now
Only 1 rule Cut... NO SHAVED BATS!!!! and Cain pitches...
[/quote]
every one knows cain only catches ;) :B
Quote from: backinsaddle on April 19, 2007, 02:01:06 PM
Quote from: Loven It on April 19, 2007, 01:55:07 PM
What if we are on both sites??? Then who's team are we on..
co-ed?
meaning you are both male & femaile? ;D
sorry loven it, don't know you, but i couldn't resist
That was good ;)
i am relay interested in doing this so any thing i can do to help set this up let me know
Quote from: cutngrs on April 19, 2007, 02:14:59 PM
what you mean no shaved bats i promise i wont hit the middle i have play with a few teams like ricon Al's now i just bounce around and play tournament when i can a manly play league ball now
10-4, I play rec now, don't have enough time for weekend ball. I know quite a few players from Wiley's,Hit-N-Run and a few others.
oh yeah,,,let's do it.
Id@
FLATV....... are you ready?
ATVFL........are you ready?
LETS GET IT ON!!!
Count me in on the ATVFL team. I can play 1st base or outfield. I play in a rec league right now and am a decent player.
this could be fun
ok lets talk about this who many teams do you whant in this or is this just going to be one team from each site and how many members from a site must be on a team this way no one can stack a team
I haven't played in a few years, but I'd be willing to supervise the cheerleaders!!
We are going to have one team.
It would be fun to arrange it somewhere where we could all ride afterwards.
Should have the roster made from members (and their spouses) who have posted on the relevant site prior to today.
How many do you suggest we have on the roster?
I can be the score keeper for both teams and for the cheerleaders I guess I could also take pictures for the web site's .Also I can massage out any cramps the cheerleaders may get providing they are all female cheerleaders j/k.lol
lets do this! i played baseball for 13 years growing up and i play every thursday with some friends. FLATV is goin downnnnn! :P
Which team gets Lisa? ;D
Well, I am sure Cut and I are in !!!!!!!
Paul, I would say that 14 players on each team would be perfect. Thats how many we carry on my team's roster.
Sounds good to me.
It is now up to you guys to decide on a coach and get you roster put together.
I nominate Mr. Bones for coach.
I don't like the suggestion that we do it somewhere where we can ride afterwards because then I would be making the excuse that I wanna lose fast so I can ride ;-)
Id@
Quote from: duroc825 on April 20, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Which team gets Lisa? ;D
That would be you guys, she don't come on our site, she wouldn't last 2 posts on there :o.
Quote from: Paul_S on April 20, 2007, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: duroc825 on April 20, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Which team gets Lisa? ;D
That would be you guys, she don't come on our site, she wouldn't last 2 posts on there :o.
Haha
Quote from: Paul_S on April 20, 2007, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: duroc825 on April 20, 2007, 09:10:14 PM
Which team gets Lisa? ;D
That would be you guys, she don't come on our site, she wouldn't last 2 posts on there :o.
Actually I was trying to be funny so I guess the better question would be "which team is Lisa on"!
hay paul whats the deal are we going to try and set this up or what
Quote from: cutngrs on April 21, 2007, 09:49:25 PM
hay paul whats the deal are we going to try and set this up or what
Definately. You guys need to nominate a coach and get your roster together. I will have our roster ready to be posted by the middle of next week.
Then we need to figure out where and when. I was thinking maybe Ocala or Polk County, July or August. I am very open on this though.
all right that sounds good i dont mind being a playing coach but we need some rules so there will be no staking of a team you must have been a registered member of one of the site as of 4/18/07
I'm always ready to play a game of softball....count me in if theres room :)
OK guys and girls pm me if you would like to play a Paul let me know if this is coed if so we need five girls playing on the Field
Quote from: cutngrs on April 22, 2007, 09:11:25 AM
OK guys and girls pm me if you would like to play a Paul let me know if this is coed if so we need five girls playing on the Field
It's going to be co-ed ;D
I hope whoever play's can play better than they can read or it's gonna be a slow game ;)
Im down to play..just give me aheads up so i can re-quest of work in advance..I played ball for 6 years..i can play any position!!!
There are some nice fields in Lady Lake and also in Tavares.. Lake County for who doesnt know..They have a really nice high school field..
Let me know.
Quote from: gtnwood on April 22, 2007, 10:23:58 AM
I hope whoever play's can play better than they can read or it's gonna be a slow game ;)
I hear you are an awesome catcher. ATVF stands no chance.
Quote from: Paul_S on April 22, 2007, 10:03:08 AM
Quote from: cutngrs on April 22, 2007, 09:11:25 AM
OK guys and girls pm me if you would like to play a Paul let me know if this is coed if so we need five girls playing on the Field
It's going to be co-ed ;D
Co-ed is that what you call Cain? or is he just a guy who dress like a girl for sport? :-\
i maybe be able to play! i played baseball all my life through college and stoped in 02. i think i could be a good asset! 8)
please send me a pm that way i can keep track of who i have we need more girls to play
BUMP! i cant wait to take flatv down! i gotta practice throwing a damn softball.
maybe the game can be during the rally ,plenty of room at l-cross. It would also be entertaining.The event sounds like it will be a whole weekend so there should be enough time.
Quote from: 450rcrazy on April 29, 2007, 12:56:25 PM
maybe the game can be during the rally ,plenty of room at l-cross. It would also be entertaining.The event sounds like it will be a whole weekend so there should be enough time.
We have been practising this week, and we need more time. My team will be ready in July.
You guys want to think of something else to compete against us at the rally though, we are up for a challenge.
Maybe something ATV related - mud bog, or something trail related. Could be fun. We ride better much than you guys too. ;D
Playing at the rally is a great idea.....its only a game for fun and I actually think if there were any kind of media there it would make for a real good back drop magnifying it as a family event.....
We could squeeze in a 2 hour softball game in the AM so that it is not so hot. Eat and drink then go ride for a bit and then have the Rally itself.......
It will not be hard to put 10 or 12 on a team as a pick up team and just call one ATVFL and the other FLATV......... 8)
Quote from: Paul_S on April 29, 2007, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: 450rcrazy on April 29, 2007, 12:56:25 PM
maybe the game can be during the rally ,plenty of room at l-cross. It would also be entertaining.The event sounds like it will be a whole weekend so there should be enough time.
We have been practising this week, and we need more time. My team will be ready in July.
You guys want to think of something else to compete against us at the rally though, we are up for a challenge.
Maybe something ATV related - mud bog, or something trail related. Could be fun. We ride better much than you guys too. ;D
Here is a challenge for Pauls " Wonder dream team", Seeing as you claim to ride better, lets have a striaght line race, lets say ohh about 300` should work ;D
Quote from: dynodon on April 29, 2007, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 29, 2007, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: 450rcrazy on April 29, 2007, 12:56:25 PM
maybe the game can be during the rally ,plenty of room at l-cross. It would also be entertaining.The event sounds like it will be a whole weekend so there should be enough time.
We have been practising this week, and we need more time. My team will be ready in July.
You guys want to think of something else to compete against us at the rally though, we are up for a challenge.
Maybe something ATV related - mud bog, or something trail related. Could be fun. We ride better much than you guys too. ;D
Here is a challenge for Pauls " Wonder dream team", Seeing as you claim to ride better, lets have a striaght line race, lets say ohh about 300` should work ;D
Hey I said we had better riders, we absolutely bow down to you drag racing guys though.
Have an idea though:
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,23962.0.html
Thats not really "riding" though. Thats more like who can roll in mud better.
Now if your talking about like a cross country/ obstacle kind of course that would prove a "better rider" than just mud. Just my opinion of course.
Now, Its a good thing you all are getting your practice in, that way there are NO excuses when the " beatings" are handed down to you all in softball :o
I agree, I would really like to do, a sport section, hand a baton off to a utility who takes it over and obstacle course and hands it off to a mud guy, but I don't think we will be able to. I will certain ask about something like that though.
well we are getting the team togeter but i need girls to play so show some suport girls :(
Quote from: dynodon on April 29, 2007, 03:58:09 PM
Thats not really "riding" though. Thats more like who can roll in mud better.
Now if your talking about like a cross country/ obstacle kind of course that would prove a "better rider" than just mud. Just my opinion of course.
Now, Its a good thing you all are getting your practice in, that way there are NO excuses when the " beatings" are handed down to you all in softball :o
I am totally with you...
i will be there to cheer everyone on but i totally suck at softball. :)