LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL...........

Started by cain73, September 26, 2005, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cain73

Geeze you say that like I'm hated or something  ;) Don't sweat it I actually asked to be smited. That was the start of this thread to show it means nothing to have a -1000 or +1000 karma rating.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

Grizzlygirl

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:11:59 PM
Mama Grizz,
I hate to hear that you're going to delete your account over something so trivial.

The problem is it is not trivial is slamming someone again in a open forum on the internet

  Mama Grizz

Slamming? It is simply giving someone a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If someone says something that you agree with you can give them a thumbs up, If you disagree then you can give them a thumbs down.
Yes, It was set up for members that have 400+ posts but I do see your point and will check with Bones to see if we can do it with established time on the board instead

If you look at the number of votes it is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what people are writing.
Mama Grizz   

big-daddy

no one getting banned over the karma thing. Last night I was at 10 and this morning I was at 6. So what! this not real life...(ITS THE INTERNET)  ;)  Its it time for the second round of karma.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

TRX350_On_The_Rack

#103
Quote from: cain73 on September 27, 2005, 04:31:37 PM
Geeze you say that like I'm hated or something  ;) Don't sweat it I actually asked to be smited. That was the start of this thread to show it means nothing to have a -1000 or +1000 karma rating.

You of all people should know I like to mess with people. Trying the guilt angle. Apparently didn't work too well.  :'(
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:11:59 PM
Mama Grizz,
I hate to hear that you're going to delete your account over something so trivial.

The problem is it is not trivial is slamming someone again in a open forum on the internet

  Mama Grizz

Slamming? It is simply giving someone a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If someone says something that you agree with you can give them a thumbs up, If you disagree then you can give them a thumbs down.
Yes, It was set up for members that have 400+ posts but I do see your point and will check with Bones to see if we can do it with established time on the board instead

If you look at the number of votes it is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what people are writing.
Mama Grizz   
Ok, Well, You're one of the most popular people on here. The way I see it you will be at the top in no time.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

gery350

Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:11:59 PM
Mama Grizz,
I hate to hear that you're going to delete your account over something so trivial.

The problem is it is not trivial is slamming someone again in a open forum on the internet

  Mama Grizz

Slamming? It is simply giving someone a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If someone says something that you agree with you can give them a thumbs up, If you disagree then you can give them a thumbs down.
Yes, It was set up for members that have 400+ posts but I do see your point and will check with Bones to see if we can do it with established time on the board instead

If you look at the number of votes it is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what people are writing.
Mama Grizz   

i for one can care less. i was never into popularity contest. positive, negative, whatever dude. i dont care if i'm the last one on this site. i will never delete my account or "threaten" to.  mammagrizz i've never met you but you seem reasonable. i dont understand why you are taking this to heart. is it that important to you?
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Grizzlygirl

Yes a year ago this site use to be about getting together, riding and supporting each other , what happened.
  Mama Grizz
 

Da_Mtg_Man

It's tripled inm size from a year ago. When the site was smaller we all new each other, hung out with each and so forth. We still do, It's just that there is almost 4000 members here. When there's that many people there is bound to be arguments. Just my .02
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

cain73

There are bound to be disagreements, but in my opinion the karma thing will do nothing to discourage or encourage them. If it's for fun it's one thing, but as a weak method of coercion to control what people will and won't post is only going to stifle the good discussions. Again it's my opinion.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 27, 2005, 04:11:59 PM
Mama Grizz,
I hate to hear that you're going to delete your account over something so trivial.

The problem is it is not trivial is slamming someone again in a open forum on the internet

  Mama Grizz

Slamming? It is simply giving someone a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If someone says something that you agree with you can give them a thumbs up, If you disagree then you can give them a thumbs down.
Yes, It was set up for members that have 400+ posts but I do see your point and will check with Bones to see if we can do it with established time on the board instead

If you look at the number of votes it is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with what people are writing.
Mama Grizz   
Ok, Well, You're one of the most popular people on here. The way I see it you will be at the top in no time.

Ok, The only way that the board is set up to allow members to post Karma is by number of posts. A couple of members complained so we are lowering the setting from 400 to 250. Thats the best that we can do.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Mama Grizz on September 27, 2005, 04:56:36 PM
Yes a year ago this site use to be about getting together, riding and supporting each other , what happened.
  Mama Grizz
 

still is as far as I know, I still got my gang I hang with and ride with when I can,,,,,in fact, it wasn't long ago that I blew a head gasket very shortly after pulling my quad off the trailer next to the Grizzmobile during a trash pickup ride at Rodman.

and I'm 9 days and counting from getting together with some of the best people I know from this site thanks to them and many other of the best people I know from the site to go ride together for a long weekend of riding in Georgia.

thank you ATVFlorida

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

who, 16 karma? howd that happen? thanks all  :-*

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Grizzlygirl

A little quote from Big Daddy on ATVMIAXtreme

One day into karma on the site and the drama is too much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be deleting my account after the Oc t 1 ride. I do not agree with karma. It allows a few to control the site for everyone. If I cannot vote I have no representation and should not receive votes,
Mama Grizz


get a life peolpe its the Internet
_________________
I got 2 things in this world-my word and my b@lls, and I dont break 'em for no one.
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its getting funny when a 43 year old women starts to cry over karma crap.
_________________
I got 2 things in this world-my word and my b@lls, and I dont break 'em for no one.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no guys that a post from one of the members on atvflorida (mama grizz)

I dont plan to go any where... but riding  go to atvflorida- open discussion and look for karma page 4-6 are the best. when are we riding predatorman?
_________________
I got 2 things in this world-my word and my b@lls, and I dont break 

Nice You a$$ whole  Why don't you get a life, 


Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

cain73

Just another example of why the stupid karma deal was a bad idea
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

gery350

Quote from: cain73 on September 28, 2005, 12:21:07 PM
Just another example of why the stupid karma deal was a bad idea


i dont think it was a bad idea. i think some of us need to grow up a little. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

cain73

It doesn't bother me at all. I've joked back and forth with it and could care less. But when you have something that threatens to harm the site community, yet brings no apparent gains, then it doesn't make sense to have it.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

MuddyGurl101

Quote from: cain73 on September 28, 2005, 12:25:13 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. I've joked back and forth with it and could care less. But when you have something that threatens to harm the site community, yet brings no apparent gains, then it doesn't make sense to have it.

Amen to that! Lol ;D  I think that for the few who enjoy it, there are always going to be some that get offended. And if it brings this much controversy than maybe we should keep it?
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com