lobster mini-season?

Started by wilburz, July 21, 2005, 06:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

Anyone going down to the keys for mini-lobster season?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

gery350

maybe. if i ever get the d@mn driveshaft i ordered on the internet.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

big-daddy

to much b/s on mini season... I go now to Red Lobster is cheaper  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal

We go every year for mini season. We own a house on Little Torch. My brother is planning on going, however, I'm skipping this year. Big Daddy is right. Too much B/S. More fun later in the season. Crowds are smaller and there's plenty of lobster if you're willing to put on some tanks and dive a little deeper.

SkyHighT100

Boston Lobster Feast baby... yummy! :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

qt314nfla

Quote from: Anoriginal on July 22, 2005, 12:46:22 PM
We go every year for mini season. We own a house on Little Torch. My brother is planning on going, however, I'm skipping this year. Big Daddy is right. Too much B/S. More fun later in the season. Crowds are smaller and there's plenty of lobster if you're willing to put on some tanks and dive a little deeper.

Alright so when are you going to teach me the finer art of lobstering?

big-daddy

 fine art of lobstering: I drag you behind my boat over 8 to 10 feet of water. You look for the lobster antennas (in holes and under rocks) when you see one. I stop the boat you go down and get it , you give it to me and I'll put on the BBQ.  DONE! ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Da_Mtg_Man

sounds funny but thats exacxtly how it's done.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Ok, I'm still working on becoming a 'born again' Florida Cracker.  Be easy I won't judge but I have some doubts about lobster in bbq sauce rather than butter.  I will not judge though 'till I've tried it myself.

So when we goin' and do I need any licences?

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: QT314Nfla on July 29, 2005, 11:53:55 AM
Ok, I'm still working on becoming a 'born again' Florida Cracker.  Be easy I won't judge but I have some doubts about lobster in bbq sauce rather than butter.  I will not judge though 'till I've tried it myself.

So when we goin' and do I need any licences?

He used the word BBQ instead of grill. Cubans aren't real familiar with the grill/BBQ for the simple fact as they don't used it because the beans keep falling between the slats.    ;D   Who loves ya Big D  ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

#10
oh shoot QT314Nfla, I forgot the part about we are all naked...  ;D Hey Mike I have a BBQ on the boat. Wrap them in alum with a little butter... Great lunch on the water.

PS. Us cubans can cook lobster is the bean that we have problem with ;) 

 Also Mike; Went you come out to my camp next week. I'm going to make you a special cup of Cuban coffee   ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal

#11
QT -

I'll take you any time you want, and my wife doesn't like the Keys. lol

Big Daddy is right, it really is that simple. We have several holes we've marked over the years and we usually hit those first. After that, we drag behind the boat and look for ledges and coral heads. Get the lobster, go back to the house, clean them, open the beverage of your choice, cook some sides and the lobster and enjoy a sunset in the Keys. Nothing else like it.

This is a great time of year in the keys. Lobster are hot, weed lines are still plentiful and holding Dolphin off shore, and the weather is somewhat predictable (hot in morning, showers in afternoon, nice evenings).

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: big-daddy on July 29, 2005, 12:52:13 PM
oh shoot QT314Nfla, I forgot the part about we are all naked...  ;D Hey Mike I have a BBQ on the boat. Wrap them in alum with a little butter... Great lunch on the water.

PS. Us cubans can cook lobster is the bean that we have problem with ;)   

lol...
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Quote from: Anoriginal on July 29, 2005, 12:59:12 PM
QT -

I'll take you any time you want, and my wife doesn't like the Keys. lol

Big Daddy is right, it really is that simple. We have several holes we've marked over the years and we usually hit those first. After that, we drag behind the boat and look for ledges and coral heads. Get the lobster, go back to the house, clean them, open the beverage of your choice, cook some sides and the lobster and enjoy a sunset in the Keys. Nothing else like it.

This is a great time of year in the keys. Lobster are hot, weed lines are still plentiful and holding Dolphin off shore, and the weather is somewhat predictable (hot in morning, showers in afternoon, nice evenings).

Sounds like a blast.  I haven't bee to the keys in forever.  I'd love to go.  Your wife doesn't like the keys?  What's up w/ some (key word some) of the wives these days.  There are more guys it seems wholse wives don't ride the quads, or boat.  I'm wondering what they are doing for fun while y'all are away playing.

Big D, sorry to dissapoint you but I'm not goin' naked.  You must have been thinking of someone else....haha!

big-daddy

Big D, sorry to dissapoint you but I'm not goin' naked.  You must have been thinking of someone else....haha!

y/k  ;D ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

qt314nfla

Cause QT's a good girl.   ;D

big-daddy

Good girls go to heaven and bad girls party in hell... ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

qt314nfla

I can party in hell w/ the best of them.  I'm just keepin my clothes on to do it.....hahahahaha!

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Anoriginal

#19
Quote from: QT314Nfla on July 29, 2005, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on July 29, 2005, 12:59:12 PM
QT -


Sounds like a blast. I haven't bee to the keys in forever. I'd love to go. Your wife doesn't like the keys? What's up w/ some (key word some) of the wives these days. There are more guys it seems wholse wives don't ride the quads, or boat. I'm wondering what they are doing for fun while y'all are away playing.


I know what she's doing while I'm away.........spending my money and finding ways for me to spend more of it on her! lol
"Honey, I love my new BMW but, have you seen the new Benz? I think I like it better! How much do you think we could get for my BMW on trade? It only has 12000 miles on it!"

Ha ha

By the way, I spoke to my brother today. He's still in the Keys and says they limited on lobster each day.

qt314nfla

Wow, just wow!  I can't even imagine a life like that.  Atleast she's having fun spending your money.  Don't dare try to trade her in.....you'll lose atleast half on that kind of deal.

Screw the bmw, I'm thinking 75 foot hatteras sport fish.  I'd settle for the truck and a new convertible corvette tough....LOL!  Again just kidding.  One day I'll get them for myself.

I still don't think shopping even compares to getting out and riding or fishing and living life!

Anoriginal

You should have seen here face when the new Contender catalog came in the mail. I told her it was a sin to have a dock like ours and not have a Contender tied to it.

;)

qt314nfla

Well if she doesn't like the Contender let me know.  I'd be more than happy to come over and keep it running for ya.

gery350

CONTENDER... DID DOMEONE SAY CONTENDER. hold on gotta clean my druel off my keyboard. hey anoriginal- i may switch sides if you need a "life partner" to drive the contender. ;D ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Anoriginal

lol!

Easy there gery! I appreciate the offer but I am 100% hetrosexual. Besides, she nixed the Contender..........so far.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com