Main Menu

Tires

Started by stinky_fingers, July 18, 2005, 01:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinky_fingers

I have an LT500 that I brought down from Ohio.  Riding in the sand is ALOT different! Currently it has turf tamers (ungrooved).  They are crap in the sand.  What is the best all around tire to run around here.  Ocala area.

20 x 11 x 9 or 20 x 11 x 10's

what brand

atvtrailer

i would probly say holeshots or a type of tire like them
05 450r #13B

stinky_fingers

that's what I was thinking, just curious how they are in the sand...

Old_School

Congrats on the zilla. I have turf tamers on mine and yes for the sand they suck. Razors and Holeshots are fine for sand. Ofcourse won't be as good as paddles but depends if you're 100% sand only. I sometime switch to my other set, I can't remember the name but there's good separation between the tread and look like triangles with the top cutoff. Pretty good for the sand.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

stinky_fingers

Are you turf tamers grooved?

Old_School

No. There pretty much useless in the sugar sand.  But for all around riding I love them.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

stinky_fingers

Is there a good tire for sugar sand? besides paddles?

J.D.

Realtor by puresports .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

04KFX400rider

go with holeshots theyre good for just  about evreything
04 kfx 400  albapipe alba jetkit dg grab bar  pro taper handle bars, black maier plastics dual stage airfilter.
93 300ZX twin turbo swap 380rwhp
90 300zx forsale $4000
www.myspace.com/jacobrs