Bird Rd parking shutdown

Started by alex821, March 16, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex821

Went riding there yesterday and on the way out there was FWC at the entrance blocking everyone from coming out.  Each person that came out he stopped and gave a mandatory summons to appear in court!  He also said that no one can park inside or outside so don't come back.

Great, another place gone.  I love that place.  You can't blame them.  Every time I have been there, there is always some not a very nice person popping wheelies on Bird Rd.  I don't get, with all that land inside that you can do whatever you want, you have to go on to the road to do stupid sh*t.

Anyway, if you go out there be careful.
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

JackL

Quote from: alex821 on March 16, 2009, 09:53:43 AM
Went riding there yesterday and on the way out there was FWC at the entrance blocking everyone from coming out.  Each person that came out he stopped and gave a mandatory summons to appear in court!  He also said that no one can park inside or outside so don't come back.

Great, another place gone.  I love that place.  You can't blame them.  Every time I have been there, there is always some not a very nice person popping wheelies on Bird Rd.  I don't get, with all that land inside that you can do whatever you want, you have to go on to the road to do stupid sh*t.

Anyway, if you go out there be careful.



Where is this place? Bird rd (sw40th) is not sw8th, right?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

alex821

Same place. Bird and 157th.  you used to be able to park on Bird and go to the lake and all that area up to 8 st. 
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

alex821

Quote from: JackL on March 16, 2009, 09:58:08 AM

Where is this place? Bird rd (sw40th) is not sw8th, right?


Yes, Bird is SW 40th.
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

JackL

Well, it has been closed for some time now. I believe if you don't park somewhere stupid you can still enjoy what is back there.  ;)


What is the deal with the end of 41st? Been wanting to ride where the helicopter pulled those fools out of for a while now.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Johnny Rotten

Same thing happened in Bonita off Bonita Beach road this weekend. Sheriff office gets complaints about the noise and ATVs on the road from the old folks in the golfing communities across the street.  And what does this butthole do..? He gets out on his 400ex with aftermarket pipes, races and does wheelies up and down the road right across from Palmira Golf & Country club...  >:( 

Miles of trails and he sits right there and races by the entrance... His buddy was riding around on a Blaster with his 2 year old on the gas tank with no protection at all. It's like Alex said you can't blame them, the officers have to do something with the complaints but then everybody pays.

Just like gun control... ATVs don't aggravate people, people aggravate people.

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

AintSkeered

#6
Last night on CBS4 news, they interviewed some of the residents living east and south of Bird. The residents have been complaining to authorities that they are at extreme risk of losing everything they own(should fire develop). Despite the fact that foresty officials told them ATVs did not cause the last fire there, they believe all OHVs and other  vehicles exhaust can cause a fire. And, they also complained of the noise at night from OHVers. Can you blame them?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

alex821

Funny thing is that because of the ATV trails, I think the fire didn't spread as fast.  I saw where the fire was and the trails helped control it as well as give the firemen better access to it. 
-Alex

2006 Polaris 500 EFI "Red Flame"

Anoriginal

Great. Just what ATV's needed in south Florida....more bad press.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

JackL

Quote from: AintSkeered on March 16, 2009, 10:48:16 AM
Last night on CBS4 news, they interviewed some of the residents living east and south of Bird. The residents have been complaining to authorities that they are at extreme risk of losing everything they own(should fire develop). Despite the fact that foresty officials told them ATVs did not cause the last fire there, they believe all OHVs and other  vehicles exhaust can cause a fire. And, they also complained of the noise at night from OHVers. Can you blame them?


If the trees out there look like my back yard, that place is going to burn real soon. First thunderstorm for sure. Perhaps they should ban lightning from the property as well.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Quote from: Realityhello on March 16, 2009, 11:01:23 AM
Great. Just what ATV's needed in south Florida....more bad press.


ANy press is GOOD press. Maybe they will give us that jetport deal if we make enough trouble....


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

shogun323

Quote from: JackL on March 16, 2009, 11:02:30 AM
Perhaps they should ban lightning from the property as well.


Heheheheheheeeee  :L
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Anoriginal

Quote from: JackL on March 16, 2009, 11:03:48 AM
Quote from: Realityhello on March 16, 2009, 11:01:23 AM
Great. Just what ATV's needed in south Florida....more bad press.


ANy press is GOOD press. Maybe they will give us that jetport deal if we make enough trouble....




I think they (meaning "the powers that be") recognize a problem with the ATV community and the need for a place to ride. I honestly believe that a well organized effort from the ATV community might push it over the edge and result in a legal place to ride.

There are numerous places that would work. All we need is a little momentum on our end to get the ball rolling and....who knows?   ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

JackL

Quote from: Realityhello on March 16, 2009, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: JackL on March 16, 2009, 11:03:48 AM
Quote from: Realityhello on March 16, 2009, 11:01:23 AM
Great. Just what ATV's needed in south Florida....more bad press.


ANy press is GOOD press. Maybe they will give us that jetport deal if we make enough trouble....




I think they (meaning "the powers that be") recognize a problem with the ATV community and the need for a place to ride. I honestly believe that a well organized effort from the ATV community might push it over the edge and result in a legal place to ride.

There are numerous places that would work. All we need is a little momentum on our end to get the ball rolling and....who knows?   ;)



Someone could make a ton of money purchasing this property we are discussing, the 110 acres off sw8. Even the BBq place has become ATV friendly and it is bordered by SFWWMD and Indian land.

We need a South Florida Paul_S to step up. I guess no one wants to get treated like he does for trying to help the community.

Isn't one of the members on this board really rich, with a Ferrari and all sorts of cool stuff. Someone really needs to contact that guy. I can't remember his name. It was Big Guy or Big father I believe.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

zman03

I personally went to the Dade county permitting office and was told I had to request a public hearing (which takes 4-6 months) to see if the county would allow me to operate a atv or dirtbike on a property that I would buy. They also told me that nowhere on their records does it show anywhere in Dade county you can legally get a permit and operate a atv or dirtbike. I truly believe this is a CURRUPT MONOPOLY when Dade county Parks and Rec is the only one to have a legal place to operate a atv or dirtbike (Milton Thompson park) ie Miami mx.  I will be filing a small claims lawsuit against Dade county and ask all that got a summons on the bird road area by FWC on sunday PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!!!!!!    This is DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!   This is not DELIVERING EXCELLENCE EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!      This will not be tolerated or accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!        WE MUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          Please help me with your letter of support or join me in the law suit and we can make a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!    I only want a legal place to ride!!!!!!!!!!   I am not in this for the money!!!!!!!!!      
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

zman03

I will be contacting the media to get more attention to this matter!  This will no longer be ignored or brushed under the rug!!!!!!              The ball has begun to roll!!!!!!!!!        35 years of developement and still nowhere to ride?          The only place in Dade county wont be ready till 2012?   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

zman03

Typical, 157 views and no one wants to get involved other than    I WANT TO PROTEST!                IF YOU GOT TICKETED BY FWC WE NEED TO TALK!!!!!!!!!   PLEASE PM ME!!!!!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

crom A zone

z man i got many tickets by  fwc  from holylands on down i will not pm you.  the truth comes out u are trying to sue someone because they have spot and you dont. u are very greedy  and the truth comes out finaly. stop while you are ahead before dade puts you in jail.



and where is paul s?    now is his chance to make  all of florida happy not just north florida
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

zman03

I welcome him or anyone else to try to get a place down here. good luck!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

OPowersports

Quote from: 4x4Matt on March 16, 2009, 05:56:00 PM
z man i got many tickets by  fwc  from holylands on down i will not pm you.  the truth comes out u are trying to sue someone because they have spot and you dont. u are very greedy  and the truth comes out finaly. stop while you are ahead before dade puts you in jail.



and where is paul s?    now is his chance to make  all of florida happy not just north florida
Pauls whole plan was if the plex in North Florida was shown enough support he would open another one down in South Florida. So far all he gets from most people on this board is complaints about it from people who haven't even been there yet. I know people from West Palm Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Homestead and Naples who make the drive every time there is a feature weekend have these people ridden at the other places?Of course. Do they think it is a long drive? yes. Do they think it is worth the drive? They must because I see them every event weekend. I wish people of this site could set aside their feelings long enough to notice we are not brain washed or stupid or anything else.... We just have a great time when we go there and the more people that go the more fun it is. The mentality of the people there is so different from any other place I have ridden, I can't explain it. I have been to croom been broke down in the woods and watched people ride by me and basically say good luck getting back to the parking area.. At the plex you would have a handfull of people helping you fix the bike or offering a tow strap. I have seen people stuck in the mud at some of the other places in this state and sit there for an hour waiting to get help, That would not happen at the plex. I am not a plex zombie or anything, I am just trying to promote the place I have found to be one of the best parks to ride at in this state. Why do you all gotta hate on the place, ever think that maybe the people that mention the motoplex are really good people who are just expressing the fact that they have a good time when they go there. Not all people who post in the plex threads are rude but when called names ( such as I was called on another thread) it may cause some to make rude comments in retaliation. Why does everytime someone mentions the place on this site everyone get their panties in a bunch? I love the people here who complain about the place being too far but I can almost guarantee most of those same people have made the 12 hour drive to Durhamtown and that place doesn't have anything over the plex except cabin shed rentals.
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

crom A zone

opowerspots dude   its not so much plex  is  as  simple as  when we  post about compring rideing sports  people jump in and say plex this and plex that  well the plex was not one to be compared  and when u hear that all the time  u gett pissed off at it.   look i would love to make  the 6 hour drive to come to plex for weekend to check it out  are u gonna help me with gas and such to get there?  if so run your mouth about plex because i am sure when i get back i would be on that band wagon but untill than the more i hear boutt he plex is great   when we talking bout rideing areas   down south    is the more i wanna turn on news and hear about brush fire in north florida has destroyed atv park
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

duroc825

By the looks of your spelling ability, I can't imagine you finding your way to a riding spot any further than your back yard much less 6 hours away Matt. Jesus man at least try to spell something right so your posts make a little sense. You just might get bit more respect from others. By the way I give this thread about 1 more day till it gets LOCKED DOWN.

crom A zone

duroc i dont care who respects me ad who does not     i no i am the man every knows it   dont be hatin on me i smarte than u will ever be
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Gato

you just gotta get used to it lol
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

big-daddy

why is it that all the thread end up as a pissing match about the plex.  :(
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com