Bird Rd parking shutdown

Started by alex821, March 16, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gato

Matt sharing is caring Can I be in the next picture lol
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

crom A zone

gato  just stand next to my bike   she was feelin left out when i was with the girls  and joe   dont tease me  and get my hopes up bout them asking for me
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

I'm a different kind of dumbazz.


Matt, you rock!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

ScooterB

We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Anoriginal

Quote from: ScooterB on March 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."


Well said.

Anyone want to plan an informal meeting for those of us concerned and wanting to do something? This includes you too 4x4Matt.

No set outline. Just a meeting to share thoughts and ideas and maybe begin to get something organized. It's got to start somewhere.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Realityhello on March 18, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: ScooterB on March 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."


Well said.

Anyone want to plan an informal meeting for those of us concerned and wanting to do something? This includes you too 4x4Matt.

No set outline. Just a meeting to share thoughts and ideas and maybe begin to get something organized. It's got to start somewhere.

Because we are all so spread out, at first a web site with a forum that is not linked to any of the sites we use. A neutral forum. A moderator that "Removes" all non-topic related posts. No funny business. As Thomas Jefferson said "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." In our case "friend" means "a fellow ATV enthusiast".

I would volunteer in any capacity I can.



Well? 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

crom A zone

we can use my crib  i got keg of bid light pool table and dart board n  a welder and plenty of power tools in there also   and if u got kids there is   a play ground in the back yard  ;)
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

TNTaylor

Quote from: Keeter on March 18, 2009, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: Realityhello on March 18, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: ScooterB on March 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."


Well said.

Anyone want to plan an informal meeting for those of us concerned and wanting to do something? This includes you too 4x4Matt.

No set outline. Just a meeting to share thoughts and ideas and maybe begin to get something organized. It's got to start somewhere.

Because we are all so spread out, at first a web site with a forum that is not linked to any of the sites we use. A neutral forum. A moderator that "Removes" all non-topic related posts. No funny business. As Thomas Jefferson said "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." In our case "friend" means "a fellow ATV enthusiast".

I would volunteer in any capacity I can.



Well? 

Ditto for me.  I would be glad to participate in any positive approach to getting a legal riding area in south FL.  I hate to ride illegal sites, but I like to ride and I'm a risk taker so I tend to ride wherever and whenever I can.  I also have a Big Cyprus permit on both of my quads and ride there as often as I can.  8th St is closer so I ride there too.  Calling us dumbazzes doesn't lend to friendly discussions about the issue IMHO.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

TNTaylor

I also live right next to the Hump and ride there often.  I've been stopped by FWC and Miami police many times at the Hump but have never been hasseled once I show ID and registration.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

crom A zone

dumbazz is not bad    i take it as compliment lol if he said dumba**   than u gotta take offense to it
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Well, there's an easy way to solve things.....don't act like a dumbazz and nobody's offended.

I say we meet at a central location. Maybe Naples?  Then some of us can leave and go to Matt's house for a party.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Gato

you can start by drowning the ofice of the guy in charge of parks & recreation, Andy McCall's  number is 305-755-7993 and he is very well informed in our situation. And anything else we can form a chat room of somekind to save a drive for another more needed time IMO I am down
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

crom A zone

just let me no ill do my best to help out  (that means during meetings lock me in the car so i dont mess it up) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Keeter

Quote from: Realityhello on March 18, 2009, 03:42:13 PM
Well, there's an easy way to solve things.....don't act like a dumbazz and nobody's offended.

I say we meet at a central location. Maybe Naples?  Then some of us can leave and go to Matt's house for a party.

I could do Naples.  Maybe too far for some.  An online forum is good option to start. Being so spread out has its challenge. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

gery350

Quote from: 4x4Matt on March 18, 2009, 05:36:54 PM
just let me no ill do my best to help out  (that means during meetings lock me in the car so i dont mess it up) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)


thats the funniest thing you have said. lmao
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

JackL

#90
Quote from: Realityhello on March 18, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: ScooterB on March 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."


Well said.

Anyone want to plan an informal meeting for those of us concerned and wanting to do something? This includes you too 4x4Matt.

No set outline. Just a meeting to share thoughts and ideas and maybe begin to get something organized. It's got to start somewhere.


Wow, this thread took a left turn.

Anyway, I agree with everyone in here.

My suggestion is everyone learn how to access   news://alt.atv and we continue this discussion.

Usenet is un unregulated, unmoderated forum that is perfect for what is being proposed here. Some intelligent and cool folks from all over world there.

LOL, if not I will make AO, Keeter and 4x4matt mods at www.floridabash.com and guarantee no censorship from ANYONE. (Looks dead, guess not)


Think I am going to go sneak the Vinson out on some SFWMD/FPL land now for a little ride after all this rain, those of you who know me know where to find me if you want to hit it.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Keeter

Quote from: JackL on March 19, 2009, 11:25:52 AM
Quote from: Realityhello on March 18, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: ScooterB on March 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
We must Band together or be Banned altogether.

A Trail Bike is no good without Trails."


Well said.

Anyone want to plan an informal meeting for those of us concerned and wanting to do something? This includes you too 4x4Matt.

No set outline. Just a meeting to share thoughts and ideas and maybe begin to get something organized. It's got to start somewhere.


Wow, this thread took a left turn.

Anyway, I agree with everyone in here.

My suggestion is everyone learn how to access   news://alt.atv and we continue this discussion.

Usenet is un unregulated, unmoderated forum that is perfect for what is being proposed here. Some intelligent and cool folks from all over world there.

LOL, if not I will make AO, Keeter and 4x4matt mods at www.floridabash.com and guarantee no censorship from ANYONE.


Think I am going to go sneak the Vinson out on some SFWMD/FPL land now for a little ride after all this rain, those of you who know me know where to find me if you want to hit it.  ;)

If you create it, I will spread the word. Starting with creating new thread. Jeesh!
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

VForcedave

JackL, there you go again making everyone who rides an ATV look bad. What a dumbazzzz. What time you leaving?? ;D
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Anoriginal

Jack -

Set up the new site. I am all over it.  ;)
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Realityhello on March 19, 2009, 01:19:03 PM
Jack -

Set up the new site. I am all over it.  ;)

NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get going.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

m0n0x1d3

Guys I dont post much But I am more than willing to get involved in helping.
I live very close to bird road and know the area well.Naples is not out of reach for me either.Maybe we could all meet at Seminole MX and have a large meeting and figure out how we want to attack this thing.Anyways post new forum and I will spread the word to the local shops and riders here in my area.

crom A zone

me a moderater ummm  the power at my finger tips  thanx jackl
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

Seminole MX might not be too bad either. We'd need to do another meeting futher north at some point too. Maybe Tampa? Seminole is certainly nice for the SE Florida group and a great place to start.

Has to start somewhere. It all sounds good to me.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Keeter

Quote from: Realityhello on March 19, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
Seminole MX might not be too bad either. We'd need to do another meeting futher north at some point too. Maybe Tampa? Seminole is certainly nice for the SE Florida group and a great place to start.

Has to start somewhere. It all sounds good to me.

If we have to meet in person may I suggest a location that is a riding spot so we can make a day or weekend out of it. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Gato

I think it has to start here as Holeylands closed Bird closed soon humps will be closed. I gave an Idea of opening holeylands since they say the area needs time to recover open it every odd or even numbered year but never heard back from SFWMD like I expected
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com