Got a quick question

Started by pmwilson, October 18, 2008, 04:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmwilson

I just bought a mini chopper(i realize its not an atv) with these specs be street legal?:

Engine Type
LiFan 200cc 4 Stroke Single Cylinder
Displacement
200 ml
Max Horsepower
9.5KW/8000 rpm
Cooling System
Air-Cooled
Transmission
Lifan 4 speed Manual
Driveline
Chains Driven
Starting System
Electric / Kick Start
Ignition
CDI
Max Speed
60+ MPH (Depending on Riders Weight and Road Conditions)¡¡
Max Torque
8.0 nm
Battery
12V/7Ah
Fuel Capacity
5 liters
Brakes / Suspension / Chassis
Frame
Reinforced Steel Tube
Front Suspension
Dual Telescopic Forks
Rear Suspension
Front Brakes
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Rear Brakes
Hydraulic Disk Brake
Brake Operation
Hand/Hand Brake
Front Tires
16" with Aluminum Light Alloy
Rear Tires
14" with Aluminum Light Alloy
Clutch
4 speed manual
Controls / Safety
Thumb Throttle (Y/N)
N
Brake Pedal (Y/N)
Rear brake foot
Remote Start (Y/N)
N
Remote Engine Stop (Y/N)
N
Remote Alarm (Y/N)
N
Speed Governor (Y/N)
N
Light
  Headlights, Front & Rear Turning Signals, Tail Lights, Brake Lights
Capacities / Dimensions
Weight Capacity
330 lbs
Net Weight
238 lbs
Gross Weight
256 lbs
Ground Clearance
5 inches
Length
92.5 inches
Width
37.6 inches
Height
34 inches
Seat Height
20 inches
Wheelbase
74 inches
Warranty
Engine
1 Year  Power train
Frame
1 Year
Parts
6 Months
Government Certifications
EPA Approved


It has a vin but I know in california its illegal, not so sure about any other states

if someone could please answer, I will simply delete the post if asked

renmus

If no one here can give you a sure answer, maybe you could try www.BikerFlorida.com  The same fellow who owns this site started that one.

yunt2ride

I would simply just go down to the tag agency and act like its just a motorcycle. If it does not say OFF ROAD VEHICLE on the title, then more than likely they wouldn't know and give you a tag. Just do not give them any info on it unless they ask. There are plenty of motorcycles on the raod that has less then 200cc. I don't see why it wouldn't be illegal. I think the ones that are illegal in California is those pocket bikes. They were having a lot of problems with people buying them up and running them on the highway because they were 49cc and people were considering them as no different then a moped.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

randyz

Sounds street legal.   Don't forget you need to have the motorcycle endorsement on you drivers license.

pmwilson

ok thanks, I will also try the other forum, thanks for the help...

EigerGuy

im curious to see what it looks, like got a pic???
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

pmwilson

yea here, I dont have a pic of mine yet, dont have a digital camera, but it looks exactly like this but its is black with the secondary of green

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com