SIGN UP: RODMAN CLEAN UP RIDE help DA MTG MAN!

Started by dreth, January 26, 2005, 04:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Chuck_Norris

#26
QuoteHey chuck I thought you sounded funny ;D

Maybe the crash knocked a few screws ;D loose also.

AutoTek


customrubicon

I would be up for it also, just need to know when. I would need to make arrangements in my schedule. I could bring my dump truck for the trash. Is there a dump close ? Is it open on the weekends ? Will the rangers provide a dumpster ? Just some questions that we could find the answers to nbefore we go.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Da_Mtg_Man

I have e-mailed Marla Pence thanking her for the help and cooperation this past weekend and asked her to help me set up a clean up day on Saturday feb 19th. (pres day weekend). I will fill you in when I hear back.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

I think that is a great idea to schedule it as soon as posible to show that we care about the forest, this will give us great PR. I also think that the date is good too because the kids are off from school on monday and this will give us a 3 day weekend. Last but not least I can't wait for April 21st It's to far away.

The Grizz

girlieblazer

QuoteI think that is a great idea to schedule it as soon as posible to show that we care about the forest, this will give us great PR. I also think that the date is good too because the kids are off from school on monday and this will give us a 3 day weekend. Last but not least I can't wait for April 21st It's to far away.

The Grizz

I have to ask why can't you wait until April 21st?
Polaris Razor

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteI have to ask why can't you wait until April 21st?

because he's addicted. I've heard that his wife goes outside sometimes and finds Grizz just sitting on his quad in the back yard with a big smile on his face.  :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

#33
I need my fix sooner than that.

Grizz

Chris505

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

ripraff


J.D.

#36
What if we do the clean ups the day before the group rides ? I showed up on Friday and so did a few others . Make a special ATVFLORIDA sticker that says something like " Atv Florida.com Caretakers of the woods " That you can only get by participating . No $ for the stickers at all , you have to earn them . We could possibly get the forest service donate the funds for the stickers , it would be in their best interest . Or simply elevate the member status of those who help .Without having to look at all the smileys .
              ATVFLORIDA.com clean up crew Protecting our rights to ride .
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

Thrasher

put me down for it..hopefully i'll be up and runnin by then :)
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Da_Mtg_Man

#38
Below is my e-mail to Marla Pence and below that is her response.
I will contact the Lake George ranger district tomorrow to take this a step further.

Marla,
  My name  is Mike Lumsden and we met on Friday 1/21 at a riding spot off of 88 and 314. I am one of the moderators on atvflorida.com. I wanted to e-mail you and let you know how much of a good time everyone had this past weekend. A few of us have been talking about spending a day in the forest cleaning up. There's a lot of us with utility quads that can pull garbage and other larger items out of the woods.Someone started a post on the website and there's already several people that want to help keep our forest clean.Possibly the county could bring out a dumpster for us to fill. We were thinking Saturday feb 19th would be a good day. Can you let me know how to set something like this up?

I also wanted to thank you for your support and guidance this past weekend. I think that for as many people that were there it went pretty smoothly. As you and I had said on Friday there are always a few bad apples in a group but 99% of us are families that just want to have a relaxing weekend in the woods.I would like to hear feedback from you on how you think things went.

Sincerely
Mike Lumsden



Thanks for writing, Mike.  You're right.  All that I have spoken with from
this side felt your event went quite well, for the most part.  I have to
tell you how pleased I was to see the group waiting at a travelway and 316
to flag down a forest service vehicle to tell them how to legally get to
where they were trying to go.

We did find one area near where you were parked Friday on 88 near 316 that
was a seedling area.  It was clearly marked as restricted from motorized
vehicle use, and next to the signs you could see where they rode into it.  
If you can communicate to your members that those are the sort of things
that will end up closing this forest, I'd appreciate it.  I'm not pointing
my finger at your group, but logic would tell me perhaps some of your Friday
riders had a part in it!

As far as the Rodman cleanup, please contact the Lake George Ranger District
at 17147 E. Hwy 40, Silver Springs, FL 34488, telephone 352/625-2520 and
inquire about the ability to provide a dumpster at the Rodman area.  If they
can't do it, perhaps they can direct you to the appropriate organization, or
make other arrangements for a trash pickup.  Please also advise the folks at
the Greenways of any activities you may plan at the dam area. I don't have
their contact information in hand, but will forward that to you as soon as I
get it.

Marla


Marla B. Pence

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ---

Wow!  What a ride!!!!!
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Redgrizzly660

#39
8) Great It's going to be a great turn out   8)

Ida_Mann

I can comment about the seedling area.

I know it well and used to have fun in that little track there, if you hit it right(back in the days) you could actually get some air.  I don't remember when, but in the last year or two, it was posted as a seedling area.  I have stayed away from it, but I have seen many times some of the local kids from my neighborhood run around in it.

I doubt anyone from this site was playing in it because it is so well marked and we were being watched so carefully.

There is another area just like this that is an old sinkhole about 20 feet deep and about 1 mile from the campgrounds on 88 that was posted about a year ago as a seedling area.  I would suggest to the forestry service that if some place is to be marked as a seedling area,,,,plant some seedlings, because I have walked that area a few times and found no sign of anything growing in the soft sugar-sand.

Marla, if you are reading this, rest assured, I ride out there a lot and the tire-marks you found in the "seedling" area off of 88 was not from us.

Id@

ps: Marla, if I can use my trailer, we can take most of the trash we find over to the dumpsite on 88, I am a resident after all.
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

screw mike,
why should i help him? let him pick up his own trash!

just kidding. i would love to help but february is booked up for me.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Bigred

Sounds like a great idea to me count me in plus 2 more.

L.E._YFZ_2005

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

NPRVinson

If work allows I'm in. I can pull a trailer but mine is too big, if somebody has a 4x8 I can get it through the trails. What area will we concentrate on or will we split into groups and hit several areas?

Da_Mtg_Man

I just spoke to the Lake George ranger station and they thought it was a great idea. The gentleman that I spoke with his going to run it past his supervisor and make sure that the weekend of 2/19 is ok. We need to start a sign up list so they have an idea of how many are coming.
Grizz can you do one like the  Rodman list?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

LakeMaryKid

QuoteI just spoke to the Lake George ranger station and they thought it was a great idea. The gentleman that I spoke with his going to run it past his supervisor and make sure that the weekend of 2/19 is ok. We need to start a sign up list so they have an idea of how many are coming.
Grizz can you do one like the  Rodman list?



AWSOME! great job mike i was anxious to see what they said. I hope i make it!  ;D
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

jbbj220

Feb 19 is a good day for me as of right now, and I will be there if nothing changes.

Maybe the sport bikes like mine could tie a plastic bag in the bars and use a broom handle with a nail in the end to pick up trash. Or large items we can tow them out to a road for pick up.

I think this is a greal idea and real god for the sport and the site.

  Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Quad32x

Didnt  make  the  group  ride  but  will  try  to  make  it  out  for  the  clean-up.  Doing  something  like  this  can  only  help  our  image  to  the  public !!!! [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

dreth


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com