FTR Quad Scramble #1

Started by mudnuri, August 18, 2007, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/08_season/Suncoast_QS_090807.pdf

It's coming up FAST!!
First up is Dade City!
Who all is going?
I haven't been on my quad in a few weeks  :'(
Definitely not ready to take the punishment that comes after 1 lap.  :D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

predatorracer8

i cant make the fist three but ill be the from big cypress on

duroc825


PLEDGER#76

You can count on the Pledger Motorsports family to be there too.....
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

atvtrailer

I'll be there and ready to try out the B class this season  ;D
05 450r #13B

lawn_man mx

  you kwon i will be there too!!!!!!!!!!!  let me kwon if you want to ride  before the race mudnuri .  i'll be taking lots of trips to the track  before  the  first scramble ..
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

RAD 450r

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

mudnuri

Cr@* !! 
I guess you'll have to wait as the 1st event has been postponed.  :'(
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

lawn_man mx

05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

duroc825

Postponed? You gotta be kidding me! Not a good way to start the season, especially after last years short one.

TRX450R_Racer

Where is this info coming from? I don't see it on the FTR site.

BIG BUMMER

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

atvtrailer

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 20, 2007, 08:53:50 PM
Where is this info coming from? I don't see it on the FTR site.

BIG BUMMER

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

if u go on the forum, under the quadsramble #1 post it says on the 2nd page that its postponed due to permits
05 450r #13B

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

PLEDGER#76

I hate to say it but this is one of the reasons that I bought a dirtbike, so I still got a place to race. I love racing my quad BUT it seems the XC racing for them in FTR is all but history..... I know alot of people like mudnuri have put in some major time for us to try to make it work but it looks like this season will be just like the last one ..... I hope I am proven wrong though....
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

predatorracer8

so is it gonna happen at all?

mudnuri

It is not FTR's fault this race has been postponed.
I guess the next race is the 22nd.
See you then!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

LostCause

For all you quys that race the QS in FTR, I am sorry that this event has been canceled for now.

I wanted to try to get something started in SSQSA so that yall would have a choice of extra races to go to.  But I was never contacted by any club to help put this type of race on.

In my mind this is part FTR's fault.  The reason that I say this is because they are the sanctioning body and they should make sure that all the proper paper work is complete well before the event date.  If in fact it is permitting that is the problem.

And the sad song goes on and on and on.............
But when someone wants to help get another series together and can not get the help from all the "Quad Clubs" that are in Florida, then it can just continue.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

mudnuri

I wish we lived in a perfect world.
Until then, QS #1 is now in Florahome on the 22nd.
I will be there.

There is a lot of hard work that goes into making a track for one of these events. Then to host it is A LOT OF WORK. And not from just one guy either. We are talking many a weekend from many a volunteer. There is no MX track that is already made up so that a series just rolls through town to race on.
So I feel bad for the hosting club. They worked hard and spent money. Do you think anyone cares except them?  Will they make any of the money back they, people like you and me,  put out trying to provide this race? I only hope the race does make it back into the rotation and we have it.
It is easy to be an armchair general and make up reasons that suit the particular need. Truth be told, there are many clubs that have not locked down their event. It has ALWAYS been like that. There is no God given right to race. We try to get as many like minded people together and find enough land to work with. This goes for every club in FTR. There is no agenda against ATV's that's for sure.
As a matter of fact, it is now a rule that there will be no more proposals allowed to deny any more quad participation.
FTR is a volunteer club. It has been working for over 30 years because people just like you love it so much. So it's not perfect.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Good Brian, I'm with you in this.

Hey Brett, we talked one time in Hard Rock about this XC deal, you told me about 2 or 3 tracks that you had pretty much for sure, but now, I don't remember seen you at any of the XC races talking to the host club or any other people, for what you told me, you didn't want to set races in conflict with FTR schedule, it was a great idea then it could of been another choice for riders. Like it was mentioned before, XC unlike the MX, takes a lot of work and a big peace of property to set the track, it is not just getting there the day before the race and sitting in front of a desk (table) and start signing people and dividing classes.
We have had great turn outs with 200+ riders and it was growing by the end of last season, it takes time, I can't remember how many Hare Scrambles were postponed or canceled in years back, and it had nothing to do with quads or dirt bikes because we were all together, so I don't see that sad song going anywere, I see good things coming up to our sport, it takes time and a lot of work to make it happend.
Good luck with your MX deal, and if you want to see how a XC race is put together, how many people and how much time is involved, let me know and I'll bring you to one of the working days and/or come to some of the races, you can also check on the FTR web site all the results the next day with lap times and all.

I encourage everyone to keep it up, this is just the first race and it has been postponed, not cancelled.
Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

LostCause

Luis-

Like I said. I am sorry that this event is postponed.  Well I said canceled but meant postponed. 

I am sorry that you think that this is directed towards FTR.  It is not.

I know that there is a whole lot of work that goes into these events.  Why do you think that I asked for some help from other clubs to do these events?  It was going to be structured the same way and the clubs get the same money that they do when they do an FTR event.  But not one "Club" got in touch with me.

I was involved in FTR Hairscrambles back in the early 90's when Quads were first starting.  I have been to events and know what takes place and how many people it takes.  So don't give me that.  Are you involved with a club?  And if so if you thought it was such a good idea why didn't you have them get in touch with me?

And if you think it is just getting to a track the day before a race you are wrong.

Luis, I like you a whole lot and don't wont you to think that I am disrespecting you.  Just stating what I see. 

I do not know the reasoning behind the event being postponed.  But if it is for permitting I still believe that it is all parties involved fault.  I feel bad for the club and the people that have done all the work and hope that they can work out the kinks and get the race rescheduled. 

Is FTR trying to help resolve the problem with the event?  If so, great.  But if I do recall one of the events that got canceled last year FTR did not stand behind the Promoting club and it was for a simular reason.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

RAD 450r

Theres one bright side.... ::)......More time to practice!
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Turboderf

Where dose FTRs money go ??? why dont they buy some land. ftr has been around for about 30 years. is ftr nonprofit

trx#9

Yeah right, none profit. There membership $45 is more than a AMA membership of $35. (go figure)!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

YFZ450-Tampa

Quote from: LostCause on August 21, 2007, 09:34:16 PM
Luis-

Like I said. I am sorry that this event is postponed.  Well I said canceled but meant postponed. 

I am sorry that you think that this is directed towards FTR.  It is not.

I know that there is a whole lot of work that goes into these events.  Why do you think that I asked for some help from other clubs to do these events?  It was going to be structured the same way and the clubs get the same money that they do when they do an FTR event.  But not one "Club" got in touch with me.

I was involved in FTR Hairscrambles back in the early 90's when Quads were first starting.  I have been to events and know what takes place and how many people it takes.  So don't give me that.  Are you involved with a club?  And if so if you thought it was such a good idea why didn't you have them get in touch with me?

And if you think it is just getting to a track the day before a race you are wrong.

Luis, I like you a whole lot and don't wont you to think that I am disrespecting you.  Just stating what I see. 

I do not know the reasoning behind the event being postponed.  But if it is for permitting I still believe that it is all parties involved fault.  I feel bad for the club and the people that have done all the work and hope that they can work out the kinks and get the race rescheduled. 

Is FTR trying to help resolve the problem with the event?  If so, great.  But if I do recall one of the events that got canceled last year FTR did not stand behind the Promoting club and it was for a simular reason.

Hey Brett i don't want to get in any argue with you or anyone, I know you work hard to get the mx races going, and I know MX races take work but you know it isn't even close to the XC.
What I don't like is people trying to get this and any other series down including the SSQSA that I have raced before, just to help (well I also have fun on) because you know I'm by far not a MX racer.

I also know that FTR isn't the best but this is what we have, they opened a room for quads, now they are trying to get the quads alone with our own series I think it is good.

I'm not part of any club but I have worked with a club before, some people I have had talked to (club members) agreed with the idea, I never got to see any of your plans, on the future if you keep your idea and have some concrete plans, let me know and I will try to get you with your proposal on some clubs meetings, I want to let you know that some of this clubs have a really busy schedule with "Enduros" "HS" and "QS" but we can always give it a try.

We all are in the same boat, just work to take it on the right direction, if someone have a positive post bring it up, negative heads take us nowere
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com