Rodman Dam Trail Ride IV

Started by jjamesbar, November 02, 2004, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

QuoteHow many times are you going to ask that buster

prob till someone answers.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

Quotehey im proble repeating my self and other people Q's but is there camping at rodman  and if there is how much and can u put reservation on a spot cuz ill be there firday around noon sat,sun,and leaving monday in the moring also how do i get there from homstead thanks

Sir Grizz would be the best to give you directions from Miami area, as far as camping goes, there is no camping at Rodman, but there is a campground up the road from Elite that I'm sure will have room.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

there IS a campground at rodman.

it's on yer right hand side when yer heading towards the dam.

I don't know much more than that, I do believe it is primitive, but don't hold me to that.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Ida_Mann

Quotethere IS a campground at rodman.

it's on yer right hand side when yer heading towards the dam.

I don't know much more than that, I do believe it is primitive, but don't hold me to that.
forgot about it,,,,but you can't ride from there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

sk8r_dude

From Miami I-95 is the best way. Take it about 270 miles to the FL 40 exit west 35 miles to Silver Springs to FL 19 go right about 30 miles and there will be a sign on 19 directing you to Rodman Dam. You will pass Elite Resort Camp Ground at the 15 mile mark on SR 19. Use Map Quest if you need more detail and enter in the address of Elite Resort. Rodman is 15-20 minutes from Elite.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

rubicon500kid

cool thanks can you ride from Elite to rodman and is there going to be spots there or do i have to put a  reservation
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

CrazyCat420

Hey there every one I am new to the club, I tried to attend the last rodman ride but one of my friends was having some engine problems!  But met lots of cool people and I am defantall up for this ride!!  I will be bringing My wife, my roommate, another friend of mine, and his wife, and possibly one of my friends from Ohio!!  Look forward to meeting some more new faces and roosting it up a bit with every one!!! See you all on the 22nd!
Aaron

Ida_Mann

QuoteHey there every one I am new to the club, I tried to attend the last rodman ride but one of my friends was having some engine problems!  But met lots of cool people and I am defantall up for this ride!!  I will be bringing My wife, my roommate, another friend of mine, and his wife, and possibly one of my friends from Ohio!!  Look forward to meeting some more new faces and roosting it up a bit with every one!!! See you all on the 22nd!
Aaron

dang, even grabbing people from out of state.

Welcome.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jbbj220

There is a real nice camp ground at Rodman. You can not ride out of there but it is real close. It has tent and RV camping. If you tent camp or need a shower it has areal big shower room. I have not camped there but did drive around in there one time checking the place out. The tent sites are real big and have room for 2 tents. The place looks real secure as they lock it up at night. I am still thinking about staying there Fri and Sat nite. It is first come first served on the tent sites, don't know about the RV sites. 8) ::) ;D I for one am ready to ride.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

customrubicon

#685
The Grizz posted hotels in Palatka about 20 mins. away fromRodman Dam on page 21 if anyone is interested.

He also gave a link to Salt Springs campground on page 18.

I hope this helps. It helped me.

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

shadow

Down one machine,  [smiley=Question.gif]would it be a good idea to piggy back, for I never road this trail  looking forward to comin, but she wouldn't stay out of the mud now one machine.
01 Rubi- 589's, c-snorkel,un-locker,HL lift kit, lift springs,jetted,HMF exhaust .

Her 05' Rancher 350- 589's on rear,nice rear!

Da_Mtg_Man

Riding double is not illegle but depending on what kind of quad you have it may be uncomfortable on a long ride.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Qdawg76

QuoteRiding double is not illegle but depending on what kind of quad you have it may be uncomfortable on a long ride.
I agree, unless your pretty tough then I wouldnt ride double. These rides can be hard enough for someone alone on a quad
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

this ride is getting bigger and bigger every day all I worry about is parking Im doubleing up with some one to save room with 200 plus bikes this ride should be a record.Cant wait ;)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

TandBlove2ride

#690
Hi we are new, was just riding over x-mas break with the family. Met another family at Mill Dam cabins and they were talking about this ride in on the 22nd of Jan. My husband and I would really like to join the group for the ride in.  Do I just show up or is there a procedure that we follow. We had a blast with the children put 98 miles on the machines. Enjoyed the lam trail in Ocala. Went to the Big Scrub, was very busy. We used to do snowmobiling in NH and have longed for something to replace that with and I think we have found it. If I am reading this right the ride is going to be near Ocala. And we can stay at Salt Springs are there cabins? Please email or post to let me know.  Thanks

I signed up and our screen name is TandBlove2ride. Thanks

eric


Ida_Mann

Quotethis ride is getting bigger and bigger every day all I worry about is parking Im doubleing up with some one to save room with 200 plus bikes this ride should be a record.Cant wait ;)


thats probably the best way to handle it, I know I'm gonna try to throw 4 quads on my trailer to take them to Rodman from my place in Salt Springs just to save parking area.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

pineiroj

You cant ride out of Elite campground is that correct ? You must trailer to Rodman

lil_Mrs._Honda1

[url="//imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]
APK400exRacer: [url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pa313a2cd42a8a7f973b5730058b8c4a6/f6aed2f5.jpg[/url]

L.E._YFZ_2005

well  we are getting a hotel somewhere friday and sat night i have 1 or 2 open spots that i could squeeze one another quad if someone else wants tos tay at a hotel  if so let mw know we can arrage what hotel thanks
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/justin.jpg[/url]

2006 yamaha  yfz 450 with dual exhuast!!
2005 ford f-250 Crew cab fx4 desiel (wanna race??)
2005 yamaha  r6  raven edition


sold:
2004 honda 440ex atp'd
2004 kawasaki  jetski 120

pineiroj


Quadzilla

only 15 more days.........but who's counting.....  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
01 rancher all stock......for now!

Ida_Mann

Quotewell  we are getting a hotel somewhere friday and sat night i have 1 or 2 open spots that i could squeeze one another quad if someone else wants tos tay at a hotel  if so let mw know we can arrage what hotel thanks

lock the quads to the trailer, lock the trailer to your truck, lock your truck to the hotel,,,,just LOCKem.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

counting days now  ;D 2 more weeks look for me
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member