Needed help on 400ex rear shock

Started by FoxHondaRider, July 04, 2007, 01:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

Alright so today my brother and I both had our 400's out adjusting the valves just for maintenance.  After that he asks for me to help him with his front shocks and we had to put them on the very last notch and they still weren't very stiff.  Then his back needed to be tightened.  Well that was a pain and heres where the trouble came in.  We took it off then he was pounding on it to try and make it stiffer (I thought it was a bad idea) then it says do not heat because it has nitrogen gasses or whatever in it and he takes a blow torch to it thinking the heat will loosen it up to be able to turn the rings and make it tighter.  It was a bad idea because he ruined the shock by busting the piece on the gas canister.  So now he needs a new rear shock I assume.  Is there any way to repair it or is he going to need a new rear shock?  If so what is a good shock? Elka?  iSHOCK?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

eldiablo64

he needs to invest in a spanner wrench.I got mine at cycle geat for under $20 much cheaper than a new shock. TORCH+SHOCK=BAD IDEA.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

FoxHondaRider

Yeah I was standing back when he was heating that I said to him tats like a bomb your trying to set off.  Yeah so now instead of just buying the right tool fo the job he needs a whole new shock.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com