The future of the Ocala National Forest.

Started by Quad32x, April 30, 2007, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

bmd11

The forest will remain there, just not for the ATV riders that like playing in mud or riding fast... I wish Durhamtown was closer to Central Florida! Maybe they can move it...  :Wacko.gif
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

Bounty1

Hey Paul, I talked to Rick Lint on this very subject. I was trying to have it where a family could just watch their kids ride in one area and the parents could watch. What I found out was that through the trail initiative this cannot be done. We have to ride on trails and not congregate in one spot. I wish they would make areas like these, unfortunately the new federal law that will take effect will not allow the forestry to do this. This is not just ONF but all National Forests all over the United States. This law has to do with Federal land and not State owned land at this time. The mudholes and sinkhokes go into this same category of no congregation. Plus that darn salamander, that is going extinct. I hope this helps a little.

KB

I haven't talked to Rick, but have talked to Bret Bush on the phone when I called the ranger station to get info. on the closures.
Bret made it clear that he does not like sport quad's either, he said all they do is spin. LOL

Bounty1

Quote from: KB on April 30, 2007, 11:55:52 AM
I haven't talked to Rick, but have talked to Bret Bush on the phone when I called the ranger station to get info. on the closures.
Bret made it clear that he does not like sport quad's either, he said all they do is spin. LOL
You said the truth there KB. If he had it his way he would shut us down compeltely. I just received a 3 page letter from Senator Nelson and he would not even comment. I do know why.   

Bounty1

Excuse me 4 pages. I have to comprehend it all. They want me to call them.

ladyinpink

this lady is confused - talked to USFS officals, who --- then you all say this is your opinions, and not fact. Now you all if you all talked with the USFS, why is this you all opinion? Then you all say you all talked with a Tech.


Paul_S

Quote from: ladyinpink on May 01, 2007, 06:57:33 AM
this lady is confused - talked to USFS officals, who --- then you all say this is your opinions, and not fact. Now you all if you all talked with the USFS, why is this you all opinion? Then you all say you all talked with a Tech.
This should not be confusing at all. An opinion is something you come away with at the end of a conversation, it is based on things that were said and things that were not said. If I had wanted to name names I would have, talked with about 12 different people that day.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com