6.4 Powerstroke production is suspened

Started by Chuck_Norris, February 27, 2007, 07:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trx#9

#25
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 27, 2007, 08:47:26 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on February 27, 2007, 08:19:40 PM
Buy a real truck, get a Chevy. The most reliable truck on the road. ;D
I heard that the forest service was going to use Chevys to groom the new trail system.

At least you know that the job is going to get done.




























"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Alba450 on February 27, 2007, 08:51:12 PM
That sucks! :-\

I was trying to convince my dad into getting the '08 F-250 6.4L but he doesnt want to give up the Lighting, but I cant believe they have even more issues now with the new model.  But that twin turbo 6.4L has to haul some serious mail!  

no one said the engine had any trouble. from what i have heard it is very good. international is just stopping production until they get issues settled.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Prairie Master

They carry a huge price tag too. I looked at an 450 king rancher with a price tag of 62,450  :o Guess I'm keeping my 03
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

Honda328i

Quote from: foreman1 on February 27, 2007, 05:30:42 PM
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on February 27, 2007, 10:07:12 AM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on February 27, 2007, 08:48:34 AM
HOLY COW......any word on why Chuck?


This doesnt read of something that will be resolved quickly.
The 6.0 issues must have been a major headache for both companies. Its my understanding that its the 07 and later emmissions regs that're really complicating these new motors with all the additional electronics needed to control emmissions.

I do feel sorry for the tech that has to service one . Open the hood on and you cant see the motor due to all the clutter of electronics , hoses, etc.

I'm a 3 time Dodge Cummins owner and have been happy with them ,but was anxious to see the  new Fords .

Complicated electronics is right!  European and US emissions regulations are forcing re-designs in on and off-road vehicles, including diesels.  I am currently designing in a Cummins 6.7 255HP diesel engine into an aircraft support vehicle, and engines are not what they used to be.  In years past, you could hook up a fuel-pull solenoid and a starter and an engine would run.  This new Cummins engine controller has 3 connectors with 124 wires coming out.  It requires a $6,000+ a year subscription to the diagnostics software.

In four more years, we have to do this all over again beacuse then the diesels will require after-treatments (similar to a catalytic converter).  Some of the engine makers will be using a liquid called urea to reduce nitrous oxide emissions.  In case you didn't get that, urea is basically piss  ;)  (I'm not kidding)  Fill'er up Mater, one tank diesel, the other tank:  drain the lizard.  ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Prairie Master on February 27, 2007, 09:51:27 PM
They carry a huge price tag too. I looked at an 450 king rancher with a price tag of 62,450  :o Guess I'm keeping my 03

Right there with ya. But you gotta consider, the 450 is a truck that was previously a custom order deal. It is not ur standard light duty truck, its actually a medium duty. I have decided against upgrading to the 08's because I feel they are overpriced.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: foreman1 on February 27, 2007, 07:36:56 PM
Sorry but if the cab off deal is true , you'd have be crazy to buy one.
removing the cab is merely 6 chassis bolts, a few connectors and brake lines. 20 to 30 minutes later up and away she goes. This was the  method of choice for many of us in the repair field. very few did I rip the front end off of once learning the cab off approach. With the 7.3 it was optional to remove the cab for a major repair. not so with the 6.0's and future power plants.  as far as ever excepting the 6.0 liter as a good engine...... ???  I'll take the 7.3 or even for that matter a 6.9 IDI over a 6.0

foreman1

Hey Chuck,
I guess provided a shop has the proper resources anything is possible. Just the idea of having to raise the cab for a service / repair job sounds a bit much to me . 
I'll be fair ....even my 2005 Dodge Cummins has 1/3 the motor under the dash so those last 2 cylinders might be a stretch to get to . When compared to my previous Dodges , the older ones had a much cleaner engine bay . A P-7100 mechanical pump ... no computer needed back then , you could alter the fuel delivery with a change of fuel plate. :'(
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Anoriginal

I tell you what, I spent some time behind the wheel of a new 450 with the 6.4 yesterday. The thing just hauls. Way faster than my 2005 6.0. Seemed to have great power all around and little turbo lag. The inline VGT/Std. turbo set up is nice. Quiet too.

I like my truck. No problems. Yep, I will buy a 6.4. in mid 2008. Same thing I have now, just a few years newer.

They'll get it figured out. They always do. I'm unconcerned.

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Anoriginal on February 28, 2007, 08:26:00 AM
I tell you what, I spent some time behind the wheel of a new 450 with the 6.4 yesterday. The thing just hauls. Way faster than my 2005 6.0. Seemed to have great power all around and little turbo lag. The inline VGT/Std. turbo set up is nice. Quiet too.

I like my truck. No problems. Yep, I will buy a 6.4. in mid 2008. Same thing I have now, just a few years newer.

They'll get it figured out. They always do. I'm unconcerned.

Now there's a positive start.  :ThumbsUp.gif

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com