got a question for everyone

Started by quadrider410, January 10, 2007, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadrider410

hey guys i leave in 30 hour for FL, I'm excited but my question is I'm moving to port richey and I need a good shop to bring my quad to because its having some electrical problems that surpass my knowledge and I can't take care of it till I'm down in FL so does anyone know any good shops that are somewhat close to port richey and I'm not looking for dealers just small quad shops that preferably deal with race bikes. From just searching the net i came up with OAS in brooksville but know nothing about them and also I came across ATP who I am actually familiar but they are 2 hours from port richey, well let me know thanks a lot

Dave

Ryan561

you should take it to OAS they are really good people
2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

Ida_Mann

Don't know OAS,,,I know of them but not enough to comment either way on them.

I do know ATP, and I know that it is rare in my experience to find any kind of mechanic shop that stands behind their work more than Mike and Melissa.  I could give a few examples but that would take a while.

I think my best example is the one I like to tell the most,,,,Mike re-built an engine in my 400EX,,,,didn't blow it or anything I just wanted more power out of it.  It sat in my trailer for 6 months without me even starting it,,,,4 of those months it didn't even have a battery in it.  I wanted to go riding one day and had the time,,,I put the battery back in it and it didn't even take two turns of the engine before it caught and idled smoothly......that is my testament to ATP's work.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TM Motorsports

dude, motors don't go bad from siting around. That's no testament to some ones work. Run that same motor for 2 or 3 years and thats a testament!
Tony Mommone
TM Motorsports
www.myspace.com/tonymommone

cutngrs

atp  dose nice work   and wont rob you like oas
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Mrs.Nightbreed

Quote from: TM Motorsports on January 11, 2007, 01:25:47 PM
dude, motors don't go bad from siting around. That's no testament to some ones work. Run that same motor for 2 or 3 years and thats a testament!

He has been running that 400EX "engine" for 2 and a half years....Three years in july to be exact.

Along with many other full race builds that have held together for a full calender year. Bohnstadts 06 for example has been together for one year this month and has never had the valve cover opened.

Nightbreed

#6
Quote from: TM Motorsports on January 11, 2007, 01:25:47 PM
dude, motors don't go bad from siting around. That's no testament to some ones work. Run that same motor for 2 or 3 years and thats a testament!
I am not sure what you think the right way to get started in this industry is, but going around telling lies is not the right way to do it. Let your work be judged on the local tracks and the nationals.


Dave, I am sorry that your post got pushed off topic.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

Ida_Mann

Quote from: TM Motorsports on January 11, 2007, 01:25:47 PM
dude, motors don't go bad from siting around. That's no testament to some ones work. Run that same motor for 2 or 3 years and thats a testament!

I'm no mechanic, but for others to jump on my 400EX and ride,,,,,,then get off and ask me with a big grin "what's in this thing?" and I've put probably 120 miles on it each weekend I go out which is about twice a month,,,,,for THREE YEARS, I'd say it's doing well.

I'd love to show the picture of it so covered in mud that you could not tell it was a 400EX,,,,I don't baby it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TM Motorsports

nobody said anything about APT's work! I know Mike and think he does a good job sometimes, just like everybody else. I'm just saying that motors don't go bad from sitting around! So all of you that want to start somthing, we'll soon find out whats up in florida this year.
Tony Mommone
TM Motorsports
www.myspace.com/tonymommone

Ida_Mann

Quote from: TM Motorsports on January 11, 2007, 10:52:22 PM
nobody said anything about APT's work! I know Mike and think he does a good job sometimes, just like everybody else. I'm just saying that motors don't go bad from sitting around! So all of you that want to start somthing, we'll soon find out whats up in florida this year.

so then by your own words, my engine staying together and still running strong is a testament to ATP's work.

Glad you are endorsing them ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Smoknbanshee

man this is where all the action is.  ATP does do good work on the 4 stroke industry and some of the 2 stroke.  And if that is the kind of quad you have you need to take it to them.  In my honest opinion cutngrs is putting out the best yamaha banshee bikes around right now.  whatever you got either go with ATP or Cutngrs and you will be very very happy.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Mrs.Nightbreed

Its a YFZ. I talked to him the other day  :)

LT-R450ApK

Atp All the Way!!! They got them 4-stroke Running  ;)


You Dont Get this from Doing Good work Sometimes...........

[attachment deleted by admin]
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

LT-R450ApK

Oh sorry forgot one thing Heres whats up in FL this year......

The Price of Gas...
The Cost Of Racing....
Property Tax.....
And Your Blood Pressure From Tryin To Catch them ATP Motors

GET IT RAGS
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on January 12, 2007, 02:18:59 AM
Its a YFZ. I talked to him the other day  :)

your in like fline then.....i see you got scooter's quad riding out....along with that a little bit of riding skills he got himself a trophy...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

trx#9

Quote from: LT-R450ApK on January 12, 2007, 02:29:14 AM
Atp All the Way!!! They got them 4-stroke Running  ;)


You Dont Get this from Doing Good work Sometimes...........
Thats a nice piece you got there Scooter!
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

mudnuri

Marty Dietz out of Sarasota. Great guy and private. 925-8404
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

TM Motorsports

yes your motor still running after 3 years is a testament to atp's work.
Tony Mommone
TM Motorsports
www.myspace.com/tonymommone

qt314nfla

I have an ATP engine and I'm exstatic w/ the work and the owners.  It's taken a few tweaks to get it worked out but when I call they say just bring it in no problem.  They have been fair and honest w/ me and I have a quad that turns heads when ppl hear it and see it run.  It's a two hour drive for me to get over there which is inconvenient but I have been nothing but happy w/ the work so it's been worth it!

They also specialize in racing engines.

dynodon

#20
Quote from: LT-R450ApK on January 12, 2007, 02:29:14 AM
Atp All the Way!!! They got them 4-stroke Running  ;)


You Dont Get this from Doing Good work Sometimes...........
Oh come on Scooter, I heard you paid the guy that actually won that, a benjamin to get your picture taken with that trophy !!!! J/K ;)

Great job Scooter, and yes his bike does HAUL ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Smoknbanshee

#21
It is no secret that I have had my differences with ATP and so did Scooter and Stevie way way back in the beginning, but all that is water under the bridge and I will admit that they are doing a great job with them 4 strokes.  Scooter and Stevie both have very strong running 4 strokes from ATP.  Scooter's quad is a perfect example of that.  If you have a 4 stroke and what more power they are the guys I would recommend.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

blindkaeta

I have an ATP built engine in my 450r. I have nothing but good things to say about Mike.  His abilities are top notch.  I hope you do the right thing and give ATP a call.  You won't regret it....

svtbolt04

I dont know what you guys have done to Jennifer Albrights YFZ, but she pulls me hard in the straights and throttles out the corner's like no tomorrow.

I say ATP.. You dont get so many people to say they rock and it not be factual.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Gunnslinger

Even though Mike has put on the weight and let himself go a little bit.........LOL...just giving you a hard time there Mike!!!!!!!!!

I can easily say that ATP(Mike and Melissa)really care about this sport and are good people!!!!!!

Toby