Any attorneys in the house

Started by yunt2ride, October 17, 2006, 05:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garym

but your insurance will go up when your insurance company finds out-a seatbelt violation is a perfect example

yunt2ride

Quote from: eldiablo64 on October 18, 2006, 03:17:41 PM
non mooving violations do not put points on yer licsense I have had several non moving tickets and never got any points


Thanks, thats what I thought but wanted to verify. LOL
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Chillinthemost

Quote from: muddy buddy on October 18, 2006, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: MachineDog on October 18, 2006, 01:04:17 PM
I have a question. Is it possible to take a golf cart or UTV like a rhino or ranger, put turning signals and a horn on it considering there is already headlights and brake lights, and get a licence plate for it? Cause if that's possible my first car might be a Yamaha..just get a jeep
if you can drive golf carts on the sidewalk can you drive a rhino on the sidewalk
I drive ours around the neighborhood and sometimes to the store on the sidewalk. When I do though I drive at golf cart speeds and dont screw around. The day I get stopped I will get the officer to explain to me why I cant and the old blue hairs can.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

UncleRico

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on October 18, 2006, 12:59:05 PM

Sorry I didn't go to a "real law school," I just have 18 years of experience as a law enforcement officer.

See, he hasn't even met me and he want's to mace me.

PBSO, that wasn't directed at you, that's for one of my other "peeps" who posts on here who went to a "less than famous" law school. Inside joke.

I'd much rather have your field experience to go off of, than someone who shuffles paper and stands in front of the judge.

Thanks for your input. I find your posts informative. Hopefully we'll be able to ride together some day.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

garym

PBSO......Mace him!!!!  He meant it!!  Can I watch,  Pleeeeez!! >:D

UncleRico

Quote from: garym on October 19, 2006, 08:26:22 AM
PBSO......Mace him!!!!  He meant it!!  Can I watch,  Pleeeeez!! >:D

Gary, your lucky I don't know where you live, or I'd turn you into CRIMESTOPPERS for ripping off those mattress tags down at Rooms To Go when you thought no one was looking.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

gery350

TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!.............
(jerry springer chant)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

UncleRico

Quote from: gery350 on October 19, 2006, 08:53:26 AM
TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!.............
(jerry springer chant)

Gimme $20.00 and I'll let you shock me with a tazer.  We can video it for YOUTUBE.COM.

It'll be bigger than "BUM FIGHTS"
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

SomBch

Well Rico, Im not an attorney, but I did play one on TV. Considering your past arrests for transporting uncircumcized circus mice accross state lines without permit and your keeping amphibious rodents within the city limits I  would think the video would be closer to Felony Fights than Bum Fights!
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.

garym

#34
Hey Rico,

I have to go by your house very time I go to RR so I am closer than you think >:D and I have been begging the police to taser me everyday but they wont do it...something about liability.  I even told them I could save them a fortune in coffee for that 1st thing in the morning jolt but they didn't bite...oh well...back to the coffee pot

cheropride

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on October 18, 2006, 12:59:05 PM
316.2074 requires minors under 16 to wear a helmet and eye protection. Because they are supposed to be under a licensed driver's supervision when operating on the roadways, I issue the person supervising a citation for the vioaltion, non-moving, $74.50 fine.

A Quad can be imponded from private property, as it was used in the commision of a crime and is evidence. Depending on the violators attitude, I may photograph it, record the VIN, and release it back to the owner. Guidlines vary between agencies.

On the street, I only impound quads used in a criminal offense, such as reckless driving or fleeing. Just like a car, you can be arrested and booked into the jail for reckless driving or fleeing and your car towed.

Sorry I didn't go to a "real law school," I just have 18 years of experience as a law enforcement officer.

Thanks for the info PBSO - good to know.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

MachineDog

Is anyone going to answer my question? I want to know if it's really possible to make a rhino street legal. It seems like it'd work just like making a regular car street legal. Heck, they weigh about the same as a Honda insight and don't even go as fast.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: MachineDog on October 19, 2006, 03:11:39 PM
Is anyone going to answer my question? I want to know if it's really possible to make a rhino street legal. It seems like it'd work just like making a regular car street legal. Heck, they weigh about the same as a Honda insight and don't even go as fast.

I believe it may be possible but you have to have, bumpers, windshield, wipers, mirrors, horn, lights, blinkers, brake lights, all d.o.t approved and D.O.T. approved tires and seatbelts. I could be wrong, but I remember reading this on a thread at highlifter or atvconnection.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Anoriginal

Here's the answers.

In Manatee County at least, there is nothing on the books allowing golf carts on the sidewalks. It's simply selective enforcement. However, in any given municipality the citizens can vote (usually via a commission) to permit certain motorized uses on the sidewalks and roadways. A prime example is Sun City Center in Ruskin, another is Boca Grande.

When Chillin gets pulled for driving the Rhino over to my house to deliver beer; I will be chomping at the bit to represent him when he declines to sign the ticket. Selective enforcement is unacceptable and legally improper.

I actually spoke to some folks in power in Manatee County about this issue. I was told the thinking was, "would you rather have them on the road in a car on on the sidewalk in a cart?". Hmmm.

UncleRico

Quote from: Anoriginal on October 30, 2006, 02:23:03 PM
Here's the answers.

In Manatee County at least, there is nothing on the books allowing golf carts on the sidewalks. It's simply selective enforcement. However, in any given municipality the citizens can vote (usually via a commission) to permit certain motorized uses on the sidewalks and roadways. A prime example is Sun City Center in Ruskin, another is Boca Grande.

When Chillin gets pulled for driving the Rhino over to my house to deliver beer; I will be chomping at the bit to represent him when he declines to sign the ticket. Selective enforcement is unacceptable and legally improper.

I actually spoke to some folks in power in Manatee County about this issue. I was told the thinking was, "would you rather have them on the road in a car on on the sidewalk in a cart?". Hmmm.

I wouldn't take legal advice from Anoriginal (aka Wade Blasingame)...this isn't his specialty. I'd only use him if I needed to sue a dog.

Here's his newest commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBsKkV8hcLM

You judge for yourself.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

yunt2ride

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

JackL

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on October 17, 2006, 11:13:37 PM

Both ATV statute violations are non-moving, $74.50 fine.
Driving upon Sidewalks, 316.1995 is a moving violation, $118.50 fine.


The lesson here is stay on the swale.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com