Ocala Thunderbowl Sept 30th

Started by Skully, September 27, 2006, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skully

Sooooooooo..........
Who's coming to Thunderbowl this Sat.? I know it's a non-points race, but LORD knows I need the laps!!

And for Brady...... Do you put them stupid cones in the race groove too?

Side To Side
Back To Back,
Cowgirl Kickin'
In A Cadillac!

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I've been singing it all day!! ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Mark Potter



If I can get the time to clean things up from the quadscrambles last week and get the flat track set-up back on I am going to try and make it. I know I could use the laps also! ::)

fastrnrik

It was either back to back quad racing weekends or back to back kart weekend to get my schedule right. Guess which one I chose LOL. (I'm slightly partial to quads)
Heck with them points, you can do that next week! Come race for fun and practice this week.

yfz#78

looks like 5 or 6 quads showing so far. we need to get those numbers up! Brady, you're racing right?
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

fastrnrik

Yes, I'll be racing.

God knows I need the practice

LT-R450ApK

I know Myself and David B. and a few of the Atp crew will be there!!
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Mark Potter

Quote from: fastrnrik on September 28, 2006, 02:17:37 AM
Yes, I'll be racing.

God knows I need the practice

Brady, I don't know if you still run in my class anymore but if you do I'll try not bump you...I figure now that you're the owner if I bump you i'll be black flagged for good! ;)

dreth

i have a busted pipe under ground in my shower so i have to stay home and bust up the marble, fix the pipe, and go broke replacing the marble :'( yall have fun and i will be there the following weekend to whip yall into shape ;)

Hoosier Daddy

well im pretty sure Scott and Derek wont be there, the Foggs are going hunting, the Sissions and the Wares are supposed to be going riding (plus im working on two secret projects 8) ). Thats all i know of... but Brady better be racing NEXT week too!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

 I'll be racing next week. You'll know I'm out there because I'll be the one that blows them dollar bills off of that Honda of yours!LOL. Don't worry I'll make sure you have time between races to gather them up, and stick them back on.
And Mark, don't worry about the black flag. For some reason Ray is just itching to black me for something.LOL.

Hoosier Daddy

DANG!!!! talk about crushing someones hopes! thanks alot Brady!  ;)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

flagmanthunderbowl

mark u wont get blacked flagged from me from what i know of my boss it will b him to get the great black lol ::)

Skully

Soooo Brady......

About those cones.....

Are they going to be in the middle of the track, or like 5 ft in the infield where they belong?

Inquiring minds want to know........ ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

fastrnrik

I have got rid of the cones. I will be putting out chevy 350 engine blocks filled with C-4 as traffic delineators in the middle of the track. If you hit one they will just explode. :Dead.gif :Dead.gif

Seriously, the cones might be out during practice to work the top of the track in. When racing starts, the cones will be pulled back to the bottom. I have been watching a lot of races and reading peoples various opinions regarding cones over the past several months. The cones will be placed at the inside edge of the track in the corners. If they are pulled in 1', 5', or 10' inside the track, then someone will try to pass there, thereby racing off of the actual track and pinching off the turn, which I don't want to happen. It has already happened some in turn 3 and 4 at Thunderbowl. No matter what, people are going to race to the cones in the corners. I find myself doing it while racing :drive.gif. The cones are a required evil. I would personally rather hit a 12 pound cone on a 4 wheeler than a wet, soggy hay bale or a half buried tire, or better yet, a concrete barrier wall. The cones this Saturday will be placed at the bottom edge of the track where they make a safe racing line. Plus, the 2 fella's I have working the corners have been good about getting them out of the way and stood back up when someone clips one. 

Skully

Quote from: fastrnrik on September 28, 2006, 09:35:11 PM
I have got rid of the cones. I will be putting out chevy 350 engine blocks filled with C-4 as traffic delineators in the middle of the track. If you hit one they will just explode. :Dead.gif :Dead.gif

HEHEHE............ ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

HillKiller

  Brady is right, the cones have to be there in the early races to widen the groove otherwise the Feature will be a one lane racetrack and everyone will gripe that they can't pass.... :'(
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

fastrnrik


vtx8


Quad32x

Gripe and get beat up by a big guy ............... no thanks ! :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

Quote from: Quad32x on September 29, 2006, 02:16:18 AM
Gripe and get beat up by a big guy ............... no thanks ! :o

  I remember seeing a sign in a kitchen once that read
  "Complaints to the cook could be hazardous to your health". This could somehow be re-worded to apply at Thunderbowl.... :)
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

mud450r

I THINK I WILL MAKE IT THIS WEEKEND THAT WOULD BE GOOD SO I CAN TRY SOMETHINGS  ;D

mud450r

HEY DRETH  DID U GET THAT CD MADE YET ? NO PROBLEM I WAS JUST WONDERING SRY BOUT YOUR BUSTED PIPE THAT SUCKS U CAN'T GO I WANTED TO RACE U AGAIN LOL ;D 8)

LT-R450ApK

You ladies missed out on some good Racing Last nite!  Brady Congrads on the 2nd place finish and the track is comming together nice!
Skully Good Seeing You out there man
Anyone have any word on how mark potter is Doing??
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Scott270r

Scooter,

So who all went? and what was the results last night?
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

fastrnrik

I will post results as soon as I can find where the girls put them. :dunno.gif

I called the hospital at about 12:30 a.m. to check on Mark Potter, but no one answered when they transfered me to the emergency room.