Ocala Thunderbowl Sept 30th

Started by Skully, September 27, 2006, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

Quote from: fastrnrik on October 01, 2006, 09:08:27 PM
I will post results as soon as I can find where the girls put them. :dunno.gif

I called the hospital at about 12:30 a.m. to check on Mark Potter, but no one answered when they transfered me to the emergency room.
Ok so what happened to Mark?? Someone post some info!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

Mark got tangled up with some one in turn 1 on the start of the first heat, got thrown off, and then his quad flipped on top of him. Looked like he was OK until the quad land on his back.

Other than that, good racing all night, track was in good shape, a little slick coming off of 2. Best race was the beginners, and that #3 250R was set up perfect and flying, MAN..... Do I wish I could get my R to glide through the corners like he does, it must be the setup.... NOT the rider!! ;)

Congrats to Scooter on his "Hat Trick" 1st in both heats and the A Intermediate!! Hmmmmmm.... He probably won hot laps too!! ;D

I don't know who won the open main, I was too far back to see. :-[
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

450R_Matt

Quote from: Skully on October 02, 2006, 12:43:53 PM
Mark got tangled up with some one in turn 1 on the start of the first heat, got thrown off, and then his quad flipped on top of him. Looked like he was OK until the quad land on his back.

Other than that, good racing all night, track was in good shape, a little slick coming off of 2. Best race was the beginners, and that #3 250R was set up perfect and flying, MAN..... Do I wish I could get my R to glide through the corners like he does, it must be the setup.... NOT the rider!! ;)

Congrats to Scooter on his "Hat Trick" 1st in both heats and the A Intermediate!! Hmmmmmm.... He probably won hot laps too!! ;D

I don't know who won the open main, I was too far back to see. :-[

Thats a nice #3 250R that Beek has....I hope to get up their soon to run with yall... ;D
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

VForce700

Open main was Torri Racing #17 David B. 1st place and 2nd place was #7 Devin Heimes

BrewMaster

Yall are SOOOO   lucky i wasnt there! I would have put a whoopin all yall so hard, you would have been going home with your heads in your butts fighting for air! HAHAHAHA!!!!


The Master has spoken!

HillKiller

Quote from: Skully on October 02, 2006, 12:43:53 PM
Mark got tangled up with some one in turn 1 on the start of the first heat, got thrown off, and then his quad flipped on top of him. Looked like he was OK until the quad land on his back.


  That sounds pretty bad...Anyone heard from him since Saturday night?

  Hey Scooter,
Great job out there Saturday. Those new ponies must be really hauling the wagon now right? ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

Quote from: VForce700 on October 02, 2006, 01:33:03 PM
Open main was Torri Racing #17 David B. 1st place and 2nd place was #7 Devin Heimes

YA.......
Them two fast guys!!!
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Scott270r

I hope everyone who came out last Saturday can make it for the points race this Saturday. It should be some intense racing as the season begins to heat up more and more.  8)

Sorry to hear that Mark got hurt. I hope that he is O.K. and all is well there.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

fastrnrik

OK ladies, here are the results from Saturdays race:

OPEN QUAD MAIN:
1st- #17 Dave Bohnstadt
2nd- #7 Devin Heimes
3rd- #01 Brian Maurer
4th- #15 Jeff Sinn
5th- #21 Jim Hunt A.K.A. Skully

INTERMEDIATE QUAD MAIN:
1st- #9 Scooter
2nd- #16 Brady Windsor
3rd- #42 Ben Uhl
4th- #71 Rick Dugan

NOVICE QUAD:
1st- #3 Bud Chancey
2nd- #2 Zach Jacobson
3rd- #72 Jonathan Cabana
4th- #6 Travis Edwards
5th- #37 Matt Vogel
6th- #02 Tim Willard
7th- #20 Bear Thompson
8th- #53T Mark Potter

First and foremost I would like to say that I hope Mark is OK. I've emailed him, but have yet to get a response. If anyone hears anything, please let me know.

Skully, it was nice to meet you and put an actual person with the screen name.

Scooter, you had the Intermediate class by a good stretch. The rest of us were just racing for 2nd place! By the way, bring some nails to the next race. You left a hole in the fence when you smacked the wall on Bohnstadts bike. (Did you think I wouldn't tell? ;) LOL) 

And the good 'ol Novice class. This class has gotten to be fast. Yeah, that #3 250R is fast. They came out on Sunday to practice, and after playing with the suspension, it only got faster. He brought several more people with him this weekend, and they were all fast. Plus #72 Jon and #37 Matt are always fast and race hard. And Skully, remember these are mostly young bucks in this class. I'm sure we were all way faster before we could shave!LOL. One things for sure; a bunch of us are going to be in trouble when some these fella's move up a class.

All in all it was a great night of racing with the exception of Mark Potters accident. I've spent the night in the hospital after hitting the ground in that corner, so I definately know what he's going through.

Hope to see everyone this weekend.

LT-R450ApK

I hope MArk is Doing Fine also!!
As For myself Yes i did Do a Bit Of Soil Sampling Myself at the end of the nite! ;)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

yfz#78

Yeah, that was a crazy novice main. Those guys had 5 restarts, 3 of them after they got the white flag. Great racing none the less. Oh, the outcome was a little different as #2 passed #72 during the last caution. The flag man took care of it and everyone got their rightful trophy. I believe that's the first caution/checkered i've seen at a quad race. Anyways, good job to all of the track staff and riders, and a special thanks to Brady for that water truck shower on Sunday. Now i'm good for the week. lol
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

yfz#78

#36
Quote from: LT-R450ApK on October 03, 2006, 02:17:22 AM
I hope MArk is Doing Fine also!!
As For myself Yes i did Do a Bit Of Soil Sampling Myself at the end of the nite! ;)


Was that the quad that ended up in the wall after all the racing was over? If so,I saw that. You guys swapped quads right before that didn't you?
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

VForce700

Was that the quad that ended up in the wall after all the racing was over? If so,I saw that. You guys swapped quads right before that didn't you?
[/quote]

No the quad at the end of the night was nothing. they are all talking about the quad that landed on Mark inbetween turn 1 and 2 after getting tangled up with someone durring the actual novice heat race. as much as i'd hate to say it because it would have been a longer night. That class shoould have been split up in 2 groups like opening night was for the open class

yfz#78

running 8 quads at the same time is ok at thunderbowl, it's been done before. however, they should have been lined up in two rows from the get go. that's usually how it is. seven quads in the front row and one on the second had bad news written all over it.
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

LT-R450ApK

#39
Yeah we switched quads right before that happened,I eneded up hitting my own quad and goin for a ride haha
Luckly the only thing that happened was a broke bumper on Davids and Bent Rim on mine lol
Long as Mr Vforce can make my quad handle like it did this past sat. nite i think some boys are in trouble!!


Oh hey brady i was kinda hoping to spray paint scooter stopped here on the wall hahaha for a Reminder where you dont wanna end up  ;)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

535banshee

#40
Quote from: Skully on October 02, 2006, 12:43:53 PM
Mark got tangled up with some one in turn 1 on the start of the first heat, got thrown off, and then his quad flipped on top of him. Looked like he was OK until the quad land on his back.

Other than that, good racing all night, track was in good shape, a little slick coming off of 2. Best race was the beginners, and that #3 250R was set up perfect and flying, MAN..... Do I wish I could get my R to glide through the corners like he does, it must be the setup.... NOT the rider!! ;)

Congrats to Scooter on his "Hat Trick" 1st in both heats and the A Intermediate!! Hmmmmmm.... He probably won hot laps too!! ;D

I don't know who won the open main, I was too far back to see. :-[
. i sold todd the a-arms and the shocks. he called me after that and asked if i would install everything and scale it. i am building him a real motor for it right now. not bad for a drag racer

yfz_450_rider

Quote from: yfz#78 on October 03, 2006, 02:25:57 AM
Yeah, that was a crazy novice main. Those guys had 5 restarts, 3 of them after they got the white flag. Great racing none the less. Oh, the outcome was a little different as #2 passed #72 during the last caution. The flag man took care of it and everyone got their rightful trophy. I believe that's the first caution/checkered i've seen at a quad race. Anyways, good job to all of the track staff and riders, and a special thanks to Brady for that water truck shower on Sunday. Now i'm good for the week. lol
yea i was the kid on the #2 YFZ and i dont rember passing the #72 on caution, but oh well it still was a good race to the end.that was my first time on a flattrack to and ill be back for the next race.

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: yfz#78 on October 03, 2006, 02:25:57 AM
Yeah, that was a crazy novice main. Those guys had 5 restarts, 3 of them after they got the white flag.


so there was no single file restart?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

yfz#78

yeah, there were like 3 or 4 single file restarts
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

#44
Quote from: yfz#78 on October 05, 2006, 06:55:31 AM
yeah, there were like 3 or 4 single file restarts

and yall still couldnt get the starts right? How did that happen?

Does anyone have an update on Mark?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

I've heard nothing on Mark. I've emailed him, but no reply.

Hoosier Daddy

WOW! I hope hes Ok... people dont realize how hard the ground is on hard clay tracks...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

550superquad

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 05, 2006, 10:39:21 AM
WOW! I hope hes Ok... people dont realize how hard the ground is on hard clay tracks...
I DO  :lecture.gif :ouch.gif
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: 550superquad on October 05, 2006, 11:36:56 AM
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 05, 2006, 10:39:21 AM
WOW! I hope hes Ok... people dont realize how hard the ground is on hard clay tracks...
I DO  :lecture.gif :ouch.gif

All to well huh Steve?!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

derek330

steve has a habit of checking out the track up close and personal  !! !!  :-*
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.