Z or EX?

Started by RACEKING33, March 18, 2006, 01:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RACEKING33

Which one do you guys think is better, 06' Z400 or 06' 400ex? (I'm lookin for a new quad)

klutchbuster400


Ida_Mann

I'm obviously biased, but I say go sit on both of them,,,take them for a test ride if you want, but just go sit on the both of them and see which one you are more comfortable with.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

svtbolt04

z400 is liquid cooled. The 400 is air cooled.. The z400 is faster stock for stock.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Honda250ex

THE Z because its faster and it will give you more power gain when modding ;)
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Toomey

I'd guess that if you're going to leave both stock, get the 400ex, because it's going to be very reliable.  And if you're going to leave them stock, you probably don't care too much about max performance, so get the Honda.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Dr.Dirt

#6
Why would you leave it stock?... Oh yeah, and the Z is pretty much the best all around quad that there is and it's faster than the 400EX and best of all its liquid cooled (IMO liquid is better than air).. But I guess it would go down to personal preference. The Honda is a simpler machine, so diagnosing problems would be easier. just sit on both and see which one you like..Also, I have noticed that a lot of Honda fans seem to dislike the newer 400EX's for some reason or another.

Toomey

What do you mean why would you leave it stock?  Like that is some kinda of unheard thing to do?  I'd have to say that stock quads just last longer than modified ones.  And our 400ex hasn't really ever overheated at all, even riding at the track.  I think the 400ex is just a simpler and more reliable quad.  Get the Z if you want a little more power, and a more up to date design.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

DZ 350

i like the 400 ex but i like the Z to, hard desicion! like id@ said  which ever one feels comfortable ;)
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

americanhighlander

I heard the z400's can hit around 70mph.
So go with z400 it's second best  sport quad on market
right now!  :)

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

geektrx

Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

floydamus

id  go with the z or the  kfx same  quad. just gives  you 2 more colors to choose from
05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams

Chuck_Norris

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

VForcedave

I owned a Z and it did 70 bone stock. Why not go up to a 450 then you will never get passed.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Kawirider17

Get The Z!!!! you'll love it.I had a kfx 400 basically the same thing i loved it! :)

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

TurboBanshee_kid

Z400 ;) wheelie all day man!
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

Chevy1500z71

ok, evry one says to just sit on both and see wuts comfterble... but theres more too it than just sitting on the bike, the shocks on a 05 z400 are much better than the 400ex...

and y not just go for a 450?

they are probably just as reliable, but the z is a more comfterble ride and probably a litle faster

o yea and i probably didnt spell comfterble rite...lol

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

kfx400rob

z beats the ex in all aspects ::)   faster, better suspension, liquid cooled, looks better...
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Southern4x4

Hondas are more reliable and prettyfuler ;D ;)
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

RACEKING33

I would get a 450 but they cost more and dont have reverse.

2006YFZ450

I would get a 450 ;)

Faster quad, Better suspension, And yea their faster than 400's 8)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

kfx400rob

Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on March 21, 2006, 08:30:36 AM
I would get a 450 ;)

Faster quad, Better suspension, And yea their faster than 400's 8)

suspension is no better or worse than a z :-\   
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

PLAYBOY_400

GO FOR THE 400EX. I HAVE ONE AND I LIKE IT WAY BETTER THAN THE Z. IVE RIDDEN THE Z A FEW TIMES. I JUST LIKE THE HONDA BETTER.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com