which 4x4 to buy

Started by cypress33415, September 10, 2005, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypress33415

I'm looking to buy a new 4x4 ATV.I'm leaning toward the 05 sportsman 700 EFI (camo).What do you guys think of this bike?Any down fall because of the EFI?One thing I don't like is that it dosen't have a pull  start backup.I have looked at the Kodiak 660  and the King Quad 700. I like them too but for the price the polaris seems like the way togo.   

Qdawg76

I have the 05 Polaris Sportsman 500HO and Love it so Far, No Problems and Plenty Of Power. The suspension is also Great
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

stump66

I looked over that 700 and its all you could ask for. Thats what the Grizz traded up to. If you can afford it thats what I would reccomend. Wish I could.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Magnum330

I just bought a 700 carb and it is great. My nephew has the EFI and he loves it. I was looking for a 500 but got a better deal on the 700 cheaper price. I was leary about the pull rope also but it is easy to get to if you need to jump it off. It has a wonderful ride due to the IRS. If it had wings it would fly.

I saw an artical in one of the mags that did a test on the 700 carb and the 700 EFI not much difference.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

FOREMANRON

I HAD A HONDA RANCHER AD JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2006 HONDA FOREMAN 500 LOVE BOTH BIKES
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

JustC1582

I love my '04 Sportsman 500 HO.  Goes through some deep water & w/ the new tires (mud lites) mud isn't a problem either.  Just over 50 hours & so far so good.
2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

Qdawg76

Quote from: JustC1582 on September 27, 2005, 04:08:30 AM
I love my '04 Sportsman 500 HO.  Goes through some deep water & w/ the new tires (mud lites) mud isn't a problem either.  Just over 50 hours & so far so good.
I like the Stock Polaris PXT tires so far for the mud and Water.
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Bigscrb15

you will be happy with almost anything you buy, i am giving you +1 karma for not starting a poll on this.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cypress33415

Welp , I bought the Polaris 700 from nature coast motorsports in Crystal River.They had the best deal around !!!! I took it out sat to underhills and man was I happy  ;D. Now this is my first utility ( have had many other bikes in the past ) and I have to say that I was impressed with the power of this thing. The dealer stressed that I should take it easy for the first 20 hrs,So i can't wait to see what she's really made of. From the looks of the other guys (and girls) quads out there, I will be needin to do some improvements
to keep up with the big dogs..But that fun too..I took a camera with me but didn't really take any pic's (having to much fun riding) But's here's one with my daughter. Hope the pic thing works 

Here's another one of what I drive.I you see me come over and say Hey
Just look for the wheels, ain't seen another pair around yet..

cypress33415

O and thanks for the +1 Karma Bigscrb15   ;D

florida gator

Depends what kind of riding you do. I hear the Sportsman is a great bike from friends that have them.

I have the Scrambler 500. I can hang with the sport bikes on the trails. It does alot of things utilities can't do. It does alot of things Sports can't do. Great all around bike and alot of fun!!

AintSkeered

The BRP Outlander 800 is going to turn heads for years to come.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Little redneck girl

 ::)I HAVE THE 400 OUTLANDER WITH MUDDZILLAS AND COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER BIKE.I HAVE FRIENDS WITH THE 660 GRIZZ AND HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS.WITH M Y QUAD ITS BELT DRIVEN AND THAT SUCKS BUT SNORKEL IS THE WAY TO GO . :)BUT THE 800  IS THE NEXT TO BUY.
SEE YA WITH THE NEXT ADDITION.
650 CanAM

Honda250ex

The BRP is the way to go. I've seen the show the BRP won everthing but the only thing that came close was the polaris 700.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bush Hog

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 28, 2005, 09:18:36 PM
The BRP Outlander 800 is going to turn heads for years to come.
I was at my dealer a couple weeks ago.  I bought two Outlanders last year, and couldn't be happier with them.  He told me about the 800, he said it was scary fast.  And this coming from a young guy that rides a Gixxer.

SWAMP_DONKEY

 go for the Suzuki King Quad 700, great suspension, plenty of smooth power, locking diff, awesome brakes, plenty of dry storage, very comfortable. love mine with 26 inch 589's!!
  and the price is right 7000.00 for a EFI 4x4 open class!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Qdawg76

Nice Quad, Great choice, you wont be dissappointed
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com