Jasper/Alapaha RIver Bed??

Started by Hollywood, September 19, 2005, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Heard from a little birdie that it was drying up fast and is pretty much ride able. Can anyone out that way verify before I make the trip for nothing??? ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

qt314nfla

Uh Oh....I hear another group ride possibility.  I've head this place is beautiful.  I may have to take a few weekends off of riding to save up for that.  Steve keep me posted.

yunt2ride

QT, we drive 4 hours to camp and ride with you. Now its your turn to come up here. When its dry we camp right in the riverbed and ride. Awsome
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

americanhighlander

 :) Two weeks ago I was going to shop at valdosta ga.
I was traveling north on I75 I saw alapaha it look like it was dry and little pud of waters.Here in mcalpin we haven't had rain almost about 5weeks so far.It looks like ridelabe there.




[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Qdawg76

Hey Hollywood, Let us know if and when you head up there we would love to ride also ;D
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

GSPKurt

A buddy lives about 5 miles from the Alapaha near Live Oak. I'll call him tomorrow and post a report then.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

yunt2ride

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 20, 2005, 01:44:42 AM
A buddy lives about 5 miles from the Alapaha near Live Oak. I'll call him tomorrow and post a report then.

Cool, I'm so ready to ride there again. There was little puddles of water all in it last year. It was nice for all the quads that was running a little hot.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Hollywood

Thanks Kurt! Yea let us know! That's pretty much what my buddy told me said he could see the river bed from the Hwy. so I wanted to check. If it is dry I am thinking the weekend of the 1st or 8th
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

GSPKurt

#8
Quote from: Hollywood on September 20, 2005, 05:08:02 AM
Thanks Kurt! Yea let us know! That's pretty much what my buddy told me said he could see the river bed from the Hwy. so I wanted to check. If it is dry I am thinking the weekend of the 1st or 8th


The 1st is the Eureka ride.

I called my buddy yesterday and just emailed him.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

qt314nfla

How about for Veteran's Day weekend, November 11th?  It'll be a long weekend for some of us and we can ride more than one day.  I want to go on this ride.

Moose

A while back a bunch of us camped on the river bed 1 mile upstream, it was nice. Digit saw a deer once. Best place to ride, but stay off the land on the sides of the river, all private property. There's plenty of river to ride.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Qdawg76

Quote from: Moose on September 20, 2005, 08:40:41 PM
A while back a bunch of us camped on the river bed 1 mile upstream, it was nice. Digit saw a deer once. Best place to ride, but stay off the land on the sides of the river, all private property. There's plenty of river to ride.
Were ready to ride up there, just let us know when
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

ucfneed2ride

Quote from: yunt2ride on September 20, 2005, 01:53:44 AM
Quote from: GSPKurt on September 20, 2005, 01:44:42 AM
A buddy lives about 5 miles from the Alapaha near Live Oak. I'll call him tomorrow and post a report then.

Cool, I'm so ready to ride there again. There was little puddles of water all in it last year. It was nice for all the quads that was running a little hot.
Perfect....my Polaris is GREAT at running hot...ill be there!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Hollywood

Quote from: QT314Nfla on September 20, 2005, 06:13:33 PM
How about for Veteran's Day weekend, November 11th? It'll be a long weekend for some of us and we can ride more than one day. I want to go on this ride.

Opening weekend of General Gun season in most of Fla. probably not the best choice of weekends. Especially since most of the property adjoining the river bed belongs to hunt clubs. Plus I'll be Hunting in Ocala most of that week. ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Moose

I need to get repairs done at my hunt camp soon, so I will be near there sometime in the next week or so. I plan on spending a few days in Ga. then swing over to Jasper and ride as far as I can. I will give a report when I get back. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Hollywood

Anyone else? I know there were a couple folks on the site that lived over there and rode by it all the time.  I think I am going to make a scout trip next weekend and check it out for myself.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

shadow

01 Rubi- 589's, c-snorkel,un-locker,HL lift kit, lift springs,jetted,HMF exhaust .

Her 05' Rancher 350- 589's on rear,nice rear!

Moose

#19
Quote from: Hollywood on September 22, 2005, 12:20:00 PM
Anyone else? I know there were a couple folks on the site that lived over there and rode by it all the time.  I think I am going to make a scout trip next weekend and check it out for myself.
Do you mean this weekend, or weekend of Oct. 1st ?
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Hollywood

only day I could go this weekend is Friday but I was talking about the 1st.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Moose

Quote from: Hollywood on September 22, 2005, 03:02:21 PM
only day I could go this weekend is Friday but I was talking about the 1st.

OK, I understand.

I just might go take a look before that, but don't want to be the only one there.
The place can be tricky to say the least. I want to get some before and after shots, will be interesting to see the changes of the bottom.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

GSPKurt

I talked to my buddy. He saw it last week, and it was still flowing.  :'(  His dad will check it again in the next day or 2 and let me know.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Moose

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 22, 2005, 06:01:15 PM
I talked to my buddy. He saw it last week, and it was still flowing.  :'(  His dad will check it again in the next day or 2 and let me know.

Can you post a pic at the 41 bridge ?
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

GSPKurt

I am almost 100% sure he doesn't have a digicam.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch