I have implemented a new idea

Started by bigscrub79, September 19, 2005, 03:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigscrub79

Today i was filling up my truck at the gas station, and this man walks up and asks for cash. I have seen him around town for years. He pulls the normal sob story of how he needs a bus ticket and some food and asks if i could help him out. I told him i will give him some money if he will wash my windshield. He just walked off. I decided i will do that from now on. If someone wants some money i will offer them a menial task to do, if they are willing to do it i will give them some money with out them actually doing it. I find this to be a good way to seperate the people who are truly in need to those lazy people just begging.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

FOREMANRON

2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

backinsaddle

Sounds like a guy I used to see for the longest begging for money.  One day I stopped and offered him a full time job.  He didn't want it.


Dr.Dirt

Quote from: backinsaddle on September 19, 2005, 03:25:02 PM
Sounds like a guy I used to see for the longest begging for money.  One day I stopped and offered him a full time job.  He didn't want it.

Thats exactly what my dad did to one of them that was begging for money. Same thing, he didn't want it.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

bluesman

WE GOT A GUY DOWN HERE
   
     WITH A SIGN!!!
 

                               WHY LIE NEED BEER!!!!!!

                               
                                           

inked4life87

what you gotta do is ask them for money when you see them comming up to you first.

cain73

I worked at McDonalds for a while when I was young while saving money for a car to get a better job. One night while working I noticed that a man came up and made a second order. This was odd since he was with his family and had initially ordered plenty of food for all of them. He could have been very hungry but he ordered a full "value"meal including another drink and it was on a tray not to go. I couldn't understand why he would do that and then leav seconds later with no food or bag. A few minutes later I understood why. An aparently homeless person came to the counter with a full tray of food. It was the same food that the man had ordered only minutes before. He had apparently asked the man for food. The man obliged and ordered a full meal. The guy was just another scammer. When he approached the counter he stated that he didn't want his food and asked for a full refund. I explained what happened to the manager and the manager said he would only refund the money with a recepit. the guy cussed us both, dumped the entire meal in the garbage and left. I'm all for helping those in need, but refuse to help those that won't lift a finger to help themselves.  I am not here working hard and making sacrifices to get my education so that others can lay around and live off welfare and my generosity.  
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

gery350

Quote from: inked4life87 on September 19, 2005, 04:44:22 PM
what you gotta do is ask them for money when you see them comming up to you first.
i like that idea-cant wait to try it.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Ida_Mann

for a short while I worked in the office for a day-labor company and saw how easy it truely was to get a job,,,,daily work for daily pay, no transportation needed,,,,they would even pick you up.  I started carrying around a stack of business cards that listed every address of the company on there (7 locally) and handed them out instead of money when asked.

I lost count of how many were thrown back at me.

call me cynical, but I aint GIVING MY money away anymore.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I give them a quarter to not tell me a sob  :'( story  :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 19, 2005, 06:06:10 PM

call me cynical, but I aint GIVING MY money away anymore.

Id@

Unless she's working a brass pole.  ::)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 19, 2005, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 19, 2005, 06:06:10 PM

call me cynical, but I aint GIVING MY money away anymore.

Id@

Unless she's working a brass pole.  ::)

It's a tradeoff if you know what your doing  :groupies.gif
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

dreth


Ida_Mann

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 19, 2005, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 19, 2005, 06:06:10 PM

call me cynical, but I aint GIVING MY money away anymore.

Id@

Unless she's working a brass pole.  ::)

I would see that as a service to society though.  :-[

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

wilburz

I ask them to perform a field sobriety test. If they pass I throw a handfull of pennies at the f-ers! >:( 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

bigscrub79

Quote from: wilburz on September 20, 2005, 10:45:56 AM
I ask them to perform a field sobriety test. If they pass I throw a handfull of pennies at the f-ers! >:( 
LOL i might try that next time. ;D
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

MrsPureLogic

Quote from: wilburz on September 20, 2005, 10:45:56 AM
I ask them to perform a field sobriety test. If they pass I throw a handfull of pennies at the f-ers! >:( 

You are so out of control...LMAO.  SERIOUSLY, I used to ALWAYS give to the people who would hang out at the intersections on Fridays.  Well one day instead of giving $$ I gave a bag of McDonalds food.  The guy said thanks, I drove away....looked in my rear view mirror and f**ker through the bag on the side of the road!!  Last time I ever contributed. 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com