Amazing Issue with Target Stores

Started by Grizzlygirl, September 15, 2005, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlygirl

Amazing Issue with Target Stores

If they have a good sale in their ads, take the ad to Wal-Mart, where they will meet the price.

thingy Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

"Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition
event. 

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: Veterans do not meet our area of giving. 

We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay &lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something
is really wrong at this TARGET store.

We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I E-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same.

That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further.

They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. 

And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue
their insurance coverage while they were on military service.

Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again.

If TARGET cannot support American Veterans, then why should my family and I support their stores by spending our hard earned
American dollars and to have their profits sent to France.

Without the American Vets, where would France be today?"

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

thingy Forrey
Veterans Helping Veterans

SFC David Kaiser, Kay Kaiser

Please send this on to everyone you know to let Target know how AMERICAN'S feel about their non-support of America and our support
of them

Just thought I'd pass it along

qt314nfla

I'm glad I was never a real big fan of Target.  Now I for sure won't support them.  Thanks.

jwscroll

I didn't shop there much before.I had forgotten about the toys for tots thing, I won't shop there again.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Quad32x

What  a  bunch  of  A-holes ! :gr  I  will  be  SURE  to  pass  this  along !! ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Bigscrb15

Its safe to shop at Target. http://www.vvmf.org/index.cfm?SectionID=307 

Target was a 2003 "Wall that heals" corporate sponsor.

People, please check http://www.snopes.com before continuing to spread a rumor that isn't true. I know I always prove stuff fake or real with my posts from snopes, but its my pet peeve. I have to know the real story behind something to believe it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

eric

#5
I know Target no longer allows the Salvation Army to collect out front during the holidays and I beleive Walmart does. Idk I kinda miss those guy's ringing their bell's around Christmas :-\

Da_Mtg_Man

They WILL NOT allow Girl Scouts to sell cookies at their stores. This is fact because my wife is a leader. I refuse to shop there.
On another note, Try returning something there, Thats an all day project that you'll end up walking out furious.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Hoosier Daddy

let me say this first.. i am NOT a fan of target...

but i have seen that VERY  topic before word for word... however instead of it being a Vet wall... it was for the Vets in Iraq.....

It was BS then and it is BS now...

The Girl scout deal i belive since its coming from first hand experience...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

jbbj220

Here is a reply from hoax busters.

Target stores are unfair to ( insert name of your favorite group here )
Although this is now an urban legend and a hoax, the incident did happen, just not quite as reported. Mr. Forrey did contact his local Target store for a contribution. The problem was that local stores couldn't, by policy, give cash contributions, only gift certificates. Next, Forrey contacted the corporate offices and was told that they offered a cash grant for causes falling in clearly defined categories of education, arts, and family violence prevention. He was told that his organization did not fit into one of those three general areas of giving.

The original e-mail was nothing more than one person's frustration at having to deal with a big corporation, and venting that frustration in a worthless boycott letter. Unfortunately, that worthless boycott letter turned into yet another of the myriad worthless chain letters that circulate around the Internet.

Words have been added to the original message that moves this into the hoax category. In his original e-mail, Forrey correctly quoted Target's grant policy as being, "education, arts and family violence prevention." In the latest version, however, someone has changed those words to read, "the arts, social actions, gay and lesbian causes, and education." The two lines about Toys for Tots and being owned by the French were also added after the fact. The French do not own Target! The company is based in Minneapolis and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.

If Target were truly unfair to veterans, or any group for that matter, there would be lots of publicity in the press, and in the courtrooms. If Mr. Forrey chooses to not shop at Target, so be it. With the addition of lies and innuendo, his original message has now turned into a sounding board for people with personal agendas. Please don't help spread this vitriol around the Internet. Don't pass this hate mail onto others, just trash it.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Do you think an American Icon like Target would really support these policies or lack of? The person writing this could be a 50 year old man pretending to be a little girl. Sound familiar? This is the internet people  :)

I liked how they threw in that the store was French owned.

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

MuddyGurl101

Wal Mart is still and will always be the best?
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

apkkfx400

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 16, 2005, 12:13:02 AM
Its safe to shop at Target. http://www.vvmf.org/index.cfm?SectionID=307 

Target was a 2003 "Wall that heals" corporate sponsor.

People, please check http://www.snopes.com before continuing to spread a rumor that isn't true. I know I always prove stuff fake or real with my posts from snopes, but its my pet peeve. I have to know the real story behind something to believe it.

Bigscrb-Good job!! 

I don't shop at that store either way but spreading false rumors- :ThumbsDown.gif

Bigscrb15

Yea, I don't shop their either, but. I agree with the girl scout thing and Target also does not allow Salvation Army. Target has a No Soliciting policy, just like every other store. Most store allow exceptions. Target allows NO exeptions and I agree with that. If you are going to have a policy stick to it, don't allow certain groups and deny others, it shows favortism and will cause more problems in the end.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Gamer

Quote from: MuddyGurl101 on September 16, 2005, 08:51:44 AM
Wal Mart is still and will always be the best?

Yes and no.  Great for low prices and for us to shop at but there's a reason for that.  They purchase a large amount of items from China for dirt cheap and pay there employees dirt cheap.  It really is not good for our economy.  Targets return policy does suck however but my wife loves both stores.

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Gamer on September 16, 2005, 11:06:30 AM
Quote from: MuddyGurl101 on September 16, 2005, 08:51:44 AM
Wal Mart is still and will always be the best?

Yes and no.  Great for low prices and for us to shop at but there's a reason for that.  They purchase a large amount of items from China for dirt cheap and pay there employees dirt cheap.  It really is not good for our economy.  Targets return policy does suck however but my wife loves both stores.



Well who doesnt??.... everything reads "made in china" or "R.O.C." on it..  ever call teck support on cumputer stuff.. you get some joker in India who cant hardly speak english..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Hollywood

I don't shop at Target anyway....Wal_mart all the way. lol
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Bigscrb15

it depends what ya need, target is better for outdoor living stuff(patio furniture, gardening. etc.) and they have a nicer line of tents. But for everything else walmart is the best I think
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

CABLEGUY1

Okay maybe I'm cheap but there is no store that can top the tool isle at my local BIG LOTS. LOL.

spacerider

That Target email is old and was distributed a few years ago - shop where you like its a free country and dont believe every thing you read on the internet
Ride till you reach the stars.......................

RL400


Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 16, 2005, 12:13:02 AM
Its safe to shop at Target. http://www.vvmf.org/index.cfm?SectionID=307 

Target was a 2003 "Wall that heals" corporate sponsor.

People, please check http://www.snopes.com before continuing to spread a rumor that isn't true. I know I always prove stuff fake or real with my posts from snopes, but its my pet peeve. I have to know the real story behind something to believe it.
good job scrub

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com