Racing @ Hendry Co. Speedway

Started by 450R_Matt, March 04, 2004, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Well guy's , Things are not looking good for Hendry County Speedway.  :'( Looks like the racing days are done for a wile or intill they figure out what will happen to the track. So its goodbye to the flat trackin for now. I would like to say that it has been so much fun there and I would not change it for the world. Sure will miss it. CYA for now.....#18
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

                             ** Bump **
                              
Ok if I missed anyone bye phone call here is a bump to let you know it time to head up to dade city on April 2.    Lets go flat track
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Z-Racer-5c

#177
What are the tire requirements at Dade City? Also any other guidelines that need to be followed.
Dennis
03 KFX-453- Dad
03 POLARIS MAGNUM 4X4- Mom

450R_Matt

Last race on the old track with the two R's

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

Great turn out.      1000+ People

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

My new company tow rig.... :o ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

450R_Matt

The new track owner welcomed us out for the meet and greet race and to let us know what the new plans for the dirt trac will be. Looks like it will be high banks and wider back strech and a full 3/8's mile. I think it will be 2 fast and 2 big for a quad class.   ???



                http://www.newhendrycountyspeedway.com/index.html
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

HillKiller

   Hey Matt did the new owner say there is a plan in place to have quad classes?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

450R_Matt

Quote from: HillKiller24 on September 14, 2005, 08:48:20 AM
   Hey Matt did the new owner say there is a plan in place to have quad classes?

David,

He didnt say for sure. They are reworking the size of the track and putting more banking in. They should be done with it some time in November or December. I will keep you informed.  Lots of people think we are crazy for racing the way it was and now it will just be faster. Like 6th gear wfo. :o :o
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

HillKiller

   I looked at the pic of the track on their website...it's real big. Those straits are real long so yeah I can see being in 6th gear alot. My initial thought is I'd be running some real tall gears so the motor would keep pulling. I don't think the speed scares me so much (unless I crashed) since we are already hitting near 60mph at Dade City. Keep posting any new news.
  This may be a stupid question but what is wfo? :K
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Smoknbanshee

wfo = WIDE FU*KING OPEN

The only way smoke knows how to ride...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

badcompanyracing

yea but smoke most people run fast when they're wide open
BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

450R_Matt

Well for all that was a part of the FT at Hendry this is gone but not forgoten. I still like to go back and read this thread and remember the great times we had .
The new owner has told me that Quads will not be welcome for racing on the new track. It was fun wile it lasted.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Scott270r

That's O.K. Matt,

I have only raced a 3/8 mile sized track twice. (Greenville,S.C. and Swainsboro,Ga) Those tracks SUCK anyways. You are haulling WAY too much butt and people die when things go wrong (Chad Snipes Killed Jun 20, 1999). This was the reason I retired until March 18th of this year. It upset me so bad I couldn't race anymore.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com