picayune strand/the  squares closed

Started by lswjth2, January 03, 2005, 08:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lswjth2

Folks I Live inNaples, and today over dinner I heard on Wink news
http://www.winktv.com/ that effective today the blocks/squres are closed to atv riding even though we were promised land to ride there. ther will be a meeting at the florida motorsports park in naples this wednesday starting at6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Take I-75 to exit 100 I Think?, head south. The park is a couple of miles south on the left hand side. This is where they have the swamp buggy races...Collier blvd(CR951) south of davis blvd
:-[ :-X :-[ :-[

o4250

did you go to the meeting ?? ...I did what a turnout :o

Da_Mtg_Man

What was the outcome of the meeting? How many showed up? Did it do any good?
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

lswjth2

I went to the meeting, about 400-500 people showed up. There's going to be a protest this Saturday at 12:00 noon at the intersection of everglades blvd and 1-75 over the bridge. I have a list of all the members that participated in the RECREATION PLAN??
of the everglades restoration project. I will be calling them all tommorow to find out what their inputwas. We are going to have to put our money where our mouth is and probably file a federal lawsuit. It's just a way of keeping people out of the woods.  If you want a copy of the list e-mail me @
lswjth2@yahoo.com... :-[

Aquiles

This sucks.  I used to ride there and I'm really bummed about this.  What can we do?  Is there any hope that they might open it again?

Aquiles
WOAH! WAIT! Where the hell are we?  :p