How is the riding at River Ranch?

Started by slam, September 12, 2005, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slam

Looking into buying a spot at River Ranch, and I have a few questions.

How is the Riding?
Are there any hills?
Have an tracks been created?
Is it just like Ocala?

Thanks for the info.

indianjoe

River Ranch is not an ATV riding only area. As such there are approx. 5,000 acres set aside for camps..There are numerous roads through the camp area where the speed limit is supposed to be kept around 15mph. There is a large hunting area that has trails and swamp buggy roads through it. No night riding in the hunt area..and hunting season is soon to open and you will only want to be out there if you are hunting. No tracks if you mean MX style and I doubt there ever will be. There is an area called the playpen that has some small dirt hills but lots of mud. if someone has told you that it is wide open riding with tracks they are very misinformed.

FORD4X4GIRL

I love riding at river ranch only because there is so much to see & so much to ride on, other than the main roads you probably won't ride the same area twice .... Plus the play-pen is so much fun !
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

Da_Mtg_Man

If you have a sport quad you won't have much fun though.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

klutchbuster400


slam

Thanks for the info. I do ride a sport quad, and I am looking for an area to buy in that has the things I am looking for. I love to climb hills, and the place where I used to do that at is getting smaller by the week.

Has anyone ridden at the Holow Lands? Id this any better than river ranch?

klutchbuster400

where ever you buy land at river ranch doesnt mean you have to ride in that specific area, buy land and youre able to ride almost everywhere, o and do you mean the holy lands? because im pretty sure river ranch is better then the holy lands

Southern4x4

 pic of my dad pullin my friend at holy land
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Southern4x4

canal that is right next to where i camp at holy land there is miles of levees and plenty of mud
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

AintSkeered

#9
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

UncleRico

I own property at River Ranch and I have a sport quad, and I love it.

It's a good place to get out and open it up on the back trails

It's 30,000 acres of non whooped out trails...some soft sand, some hard pack off the main trails, some mud (for you utility guys) and some water hazards.

It's a nice change of pace for those who ride the more aggressive tracks and terrain.

You can ride all day and not see the same place twice.


The front area is where the camp sites are, so you have to be responsible enough to obey the posted speed limits and respect the campers, but once you get to the back area...which is probably 85% of the property, you can go balls to the wall.

No track as of yet, but I know of a couple of jumps that will get you some good air. Also, it's really picturesque in the back...a good place to ride with the family.

NOTE: It is a hunting camp, so realize that you can't go tearing it up during hunting season.

Personally, I don't ride there during hunting season. I'd hate for my plastics to catch a bullet.


Peace Out Napoleon
Uncle Rico
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Southern4x4

Quote from: UncleRico on September 15, 2005, 10:45:35 AM

You can ride all day and not see the same place twice.

unless u ride in circles lol
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Moose

I'm new, but every time I go it's wet, wet, and more wet. There should be NO WAKE signs posted.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

slam

Sorry, yes I was talking about Holowpaw.

Some freinds just bought into Riverranch so I am going to check it out with them on 10/01.

tekhanto

When RR is wet it's WET  water has been standing at gate of our camp
for about month at 8" deep  ground is so wet no place for it to drain to in our area  Guess that's why they named it RIVER Ranch !!! :)
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

dewman

river ranch is not a riding area. you are mistaken..... it is a hunting club.........no dirt bikes or 2-strokes are allowed.. there are no tracks or jumps..... there are rules which if not followed you will be asked to leave.......no riding in wet weather ponds.... 10 mph speed limit in camping area... if your looking for a place to tear up go some were else.....

jwscroll

RR sounds like the perfect place to tear it up. Especially the way the advertisments on this site are worded. It kills me that the hardcore RR guys like to pipe in about how you shouldn't come there if you want to tear it up. I've been there and was not exactly impressed. This is not to say I wouldn't buy land there, but I wouldn't buy to ride more to hunt. I think I'd save my riding land money for a purchase in Tenn. or the Carolinas.
It's only a matter of time before the developers figure out how to get their greedy little hands on that land too.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

GregsRancher

I love it out there. But this really cool friend of I go riding with got injured out there recently and I havent heard from him yet :-(
2003 Honda Rancher S 4x4

dewman

rr is not a riding park....it is a hunting club.... there is no room for 2-strokes or sport bikes- find some other place to ride

UncleRico

"rr is not a riding park....it is a hunting club.... there is no room for 2-strokes or sport bikes- find some other place to ride " -dewman

Where is the love?

35,000 acres and there's no room? Plus hunting season is for less than half the year.

We sport bike riders don't typically ride during hunting season as to not upset the hunters.

Can't we all just get along?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

otto

Dewman,
In one of your previous three posts you said "this year i think i might get me a rr 2 point, haha". I do hope you are joking because my 11 year old son rides a 2 stroke sport quad at RR. He rides with me and he rides safely and respectfully. I see more drunken rednecks on loud utes doing wheelies on the main grade and going sick fast through the campground than I do sports any day. And its not sports that have been damaging the wet weather ponds and getting RR in trouble with the EPA is it? I have heard that 2/3's of the deed holders are ATV riders. They decide what RR is, not you.

UncleRico, you are right...RR is a big place and there should be room enough for hunters, campers, ATVs, and even those eeeevil sport quads. I heard they are going to build a small sport track to keep us riff raff off the trails. Good idea. Reasons to be cheerful, 1...2...3...
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

UncleRico

Otto:

I hope that's true about the track. I would imagine that it would be a good idea if they built a small track or sectioned off a riding area for those evil people like myself who have a need for speed, and a love of big air. 

Although I,m not into killing other living things for sport, I think those "anti sport atv-small game hunter" guys would also benefit from it as well.  Keep the riff raff out of their prime hunting areas while letting us do our thing too.

(Although, I do love topping out at 65 along the bombing range fence)

Maybe someplace in the back near the rope swing or a section that is not conducive to hunting, would be cool for a little riding spot.

I like the drunk red necks though. Uncle Rico is like Jesus, he parties and rides with everyone.  Hell, I'll even kick back a few cold ones with Dewman.

Peace out,
Uncle Rico
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."