450 foreman shifter angle sensor

Started by Moose, September 12, 2005, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Can this be cleaned or is it a replace item only. Mine has been acting up, but lately it is a royal pain in the b^t.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Da_Mtg_Man

I've heardr the only way to fix it is to get rid of the quad and get a King Quad.  ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

BCConviber

Yeah, just make sure you modify the skid plates so you can drain the belt drive!  ;)
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: BCConviber on September 12, 2005, 07:17:49 PM
Yeah, just make sure you modify the skid plates so you can drain the belt drive!  ;)

smart alec. ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

BCConviber

Sorry Mike... I just couldn't let that pass...  ;)
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

Moose

#5
After 2000 miles, I ain't complaining, the only problem I have had, besides deep water.  :D

Installed a new sensor and it shifts like new again. While I was at it, I hooked up all my snorkle vents and installed my winch switch & contactor. WooHoo now I have a winch I can use.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

BCConviber

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

SSRancher

03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

cd4mud

how much did the new sensor cost and was it hard to change?

Moose

Piece of cake to change, when you consider the price at the shop. I think the angle sensor was $55, if it's not that, then it's most likely the speed sensor, so I'm told. Don't know much about it, but I'm sure it's covered at the site below. Good luck, let me know if I can help.

Here's a link to where I learned a lot about my quad.

http://hondaforeman.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=870


LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jwscroll

If you do alot of deep mudding you might wanna consider spraying liquid silicone in the connectors. Honda had a problem with one of it's angle sensor manufacturers, they did a quiet recall on the first models( if something happened to the sensor during the warranty period Honda would replace it ).
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Moose

I sprayed mine with this product I have been using for years, a bit pricy, BUT IT WORKS.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,6757.0.html
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen