really need more gear

Started by rideordie, September 11, 2005, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rideordie

I just got this 400ex and took it out today. I triied this hill and just didn't make it so on the way back down I put my legs out like a dumb ass an tore all the skin off the inside of my legs from the rear tires. If I had some boots on my legs would not be killing me right now..... What do you guy (and girls) recommend for additional gear and what are some good brands?

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

dreth

boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D

jwscroll

I recommend keeping your feet on the pegs whether you have boots or not. And don't forget a lifejacket if your followin me ;)
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Numkut

Quote from: dreth on September 11, 2005, 07:43:02 PM
boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D

Thats a heck of a lot of gear!
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Numkut on September 11, 2005, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: dreth on September 11, 2005, 07:43:02 PM
boots, long pants, back brace, padded riding shorts, knee braces, t-shirt, nemisis body armor, long sleeve shirt over that, neck brace, helmet, goggles, gloves...........................oh yea, and a mouth piece ;) i have never had a scratch on me ;D

Thats a heck of a lot of gear!
the more gear the better protection.

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

rideordie

ok not everyone at once. Nerf bars a must, and i like dreths idea.... i also think i will be adding a knights armor on top of that. My legs are on fire.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: jwscroll on September 11, 2005, 07:47:47 PM
I recommend keeping your feet on the pegs whether you have boots or not. And don't forget a lifejacket if your followin me ;)

yeah,,,,,that's the first thing I was told when I first got a quad back in '88.

Once I drop about 50 pounds, I'll be able to get all the gear I want, for now nothing much fits except for a helmet ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

apkkfx400

Nerf bars with integrated heel plates are a must-wish I would've got them sooner!  Also, I've been using www.ridegear.com -seem to have the best prices around that I've found.  Even when I find something somewhere else cheaper-they will usually work with you do get your business.  Aside from nerf bars, kidney belt, boots, gloves, helmet and good, comfortable riding pants.

Mark

Old_School

I don't ride with all the "knights in shinning armor" setup up and I don't get any scratches. I just have some riding pants and a helmut. Never take your feet off you pegs when going downhill/uphill or whatever. Lean forward and use your front brake to back down.  Or get a faster start when you hit the hill.  ;)  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

jaxdawg2

nerf bars.  not only look cool but keeps that form happening most of the time.  i'm about to get a 400ex and that will be the first thing that i will put on it. 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com