Eurika Dam Group Ride II

Started by girlieblazer, August 11, 2005, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffgre

Thank You Thank You!!

About how long does it take you to get there??

JG

eric

Sent you an email @ jeffgre@aol.com with a better map. To be safe I would say give yourself an hour and a half. Takes me just over 45 minutes to get to Big Scrub and thats about half way I would guess.

Kat1333

Quote from: girlieblazer on August 31, 2005, 07:36:56 AM
Quote from: jjamesbar on August 31, 2005, 04:33:53 AM
for the sport guys riding with us utes, we avoided the deepest water trails on the last ride because of time restraints (and we ran out of beer) if things go right we will be heading straight for them on this one. ive seen some sports make it through (around) most of the deep water.

jeff

I made it through everything on the last ride with my Trailblazer.  It wasn't bad at all on the last ride.  This ride though I will have the new one, so I still shouldn't have a problem. 

                     Same here, the trailblazer did more then I even antisipated........was very pleased and look forward to this ride..........LOL

This will be Aaron and Jason (my sons 22 and 20) and my first group ride.  We have sport bikes.  I believe GSP bought and installed his new winch to drag us out of the holes.  I cant wait.
Not quadless any longer
TRX300EX Kat      ex-small Jr helmet
TRX400EX Aaron  cool metalic helmet
????????? Jason  helmet (everyone's for now)

Grizzlygirl

#153
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
   Date Oct 1       Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
  Please pm me with emergency contact number
    Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
    If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number
# This means you are taking the CPR class "class canceled"

  The Grizz Family Staying at Elite                   4* Ute 
   Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1     3* UTE
   Jjamesbar                                                    1* Ute
   Matt                                                             1   sport
   jbbj220                                                        1*sport
   GSXR1000                                                     2  rhino
   Susieblazer                                                   2  sport 
   Bigscrub15                                                    1   ute
   Spacerider                                                     1 * sport 
   Bigscrub79                                                    1   ute #
   Ppark350SE                                                 1    sport 
    Jwscroll                                                        5  ute
   Backinsaddle                                                2* sport 
    Seabeejim                                                   2  ute
    dirtygrl80                                                     1 ute-sport
    GSPkirt                                                          1* ute
    Chillinthemost                                                 Rhino
    Muddbuggy                                                     1 ute
    Qt314NFLA                                                      2 *ute 1#
     450RRRR                                                         3 sport
     JR                                                                   2 ute 
    Cdc120
    Muddmxr
    Bigworm3699(Mudmonkey)                             3*sport
    Dmljohnson                                      2  sport &  1 ute *
    Kat1333                                                  2 sport*
    Jeffgre                                                     1 sp
    WheelieBoy                                              2
    Chris505                                                  4 sport
    Demon boy                                               3 sport
    Team  quad  green                                    1
I still need everyone's emergency contact # so I can make a List


enniehall

What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls?  Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv?  Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes?  Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

wilburz

Can you carry a cement block with a chain tied to it and your bike? If so you are in.  :)

There are a couple of hills you might have to navigate down. How do you plan on preventing yourself from just flying down the hills without brakes? You got a couple of weeks why not fix them?   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

backinsaddle

Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes?

no permit, no inspections.  love to see you there, just please don't ride behind me  ;)

bigscrub79

Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls? Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv? Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes? Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.
Come on up,  brakes are a good thing but just ride with caution and you should be ok. The UTE ride wont be a fast one so it should be fine.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Chillinthemost

People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Qdawg76

That is truely a depressing thought, Well This Ride should be Good, and It will be sad once they ban Rhino's cause that thing came in handy.......
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

mudmonkey

Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 09, 2005, 08:39:12 PM
People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(


what?!?!?!    :'(
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

wheelie_boy

Hey i mentioned this earlier in this topic but im going to say it again incase anything needs to be takien care of .  Mydad and i are probably going!!  Unless the docs say i cant ride untill after the first then ill be there!
05 kx 250f

dirtyriders-tjct

Sounds good Oct 1.  Is there mud out there?  I have a honda rancher.  I am reading about groups.  Is it sport bikes with one & 4x4 with another?  Or does everyone ride together.  Let me know

Qdawg76

This time there trying to Run Sport Quads in one Group and Ute's In another, There can Be Mud out there. This time The Utes are head towards the St John's. We tryed to head there last time but the Water and Mud was a little Much for the Sports Quads. So this time with the Utes should me Interesting
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

FOREMANRON

NEW TO SITE THINK SITE IS AWESOME. WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND OCT. 1 RIDE. IS ANYONE HEADING UP THAT FROM THE TAMPA/PLANT CITY AREA. I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

GSPKurt

Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 09, 2005, 08:39:12 PM
People, this may be the last ride of this type :(. Soon the new trail system will be in place. Then no more Rhinos :( and you will have to buy a sticker. I was also told that they were going to stop lableing the closed areas and instead only lableing the OPEN areas. In other words if the trail isnt marked you are breaking the law. It is going to be difficult to do these longer rides I think. They are going to make you start your ride at the new trailheads and I dont know if you could ride from one trailhead to the next. The maps are not available yet. I guarantee the trails that we rode on with the water will NOT be on the map. Depressing :(

Chiilin-
Let me try to clarify this.
You won't have to buy a sticker, at least not that I am aware of.
You can ride from one trailhead to another. It will be a big loop. Trails will be marked. You will need to pay attention to where you are, as the signs are not that big. There are no trail maps yet, because the final signatures are not in place yet. The red closed area signs are still going to be in place.
Once the trail system is in place, enforcement will be "enthusiastic", so you must be aware of the trails. That is why the Volunteer Ranger system is being implemented. We are trying to inform as many riders as possible ahead of time. Trail maps will be posted at every trailhead. The whoops will eventually be groomed out, and the trailheads will be very nice, with vault toilets and pull-through parking.  The guys in the green trucks will be around to inform and educate. We will not issue citations. We do not have the authority, and I, for one, like the concept.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: enniehall on September 09, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
What are the riding conditions there like? Are there really steep climbs or falls?  Do you need a permit to ride and are inspections on the atv?  Would I be able to join in if I don't have brakes?  Sorry I'm a new rider and don't know much about these places.

If you don't have brakes, I don't think you should be on this ride. There WILL be abrupt stops. Your quad is UNSAFE without brakes. You have plenty of time to get them fixed before the ride. I don't know anyone who would want you riding behind them.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

jwscroll

If your bike is not in decent shape please get it there before the ride or you will find yourself coming back for your bike later.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

GSXR1000

Quote from: RDJ on September 11, 2005, 09:14:37 PM
NEW TO SITE THINK SITE IS AWESOME. WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND OCT. 1 RIDE. IS ANYONE HEADING UP THAT FROM THE TAMPA/PLANT CITY AREA. I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW

RDJ pm me if you want to follow us or need directions
we live in Plant City and we are going up on friday
the 30th

Qdawg76

Is it time to ride yet. I hate waiting ;)
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Chris505

me and the crew will be there
4 sports
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

qt314nfla

I'll be heading up there from Sarasota and so will a few others.  Also a few ppl from the St. Pete area.  So if you are looking to follow someone pm me.

Ennie- please get your brakes fixed!  You WILL need them!  Anyone else w/ brake probs get them fixed!  I'm fixing mine over the next week or so.  If anyone choses to ride w/o brakes I'm w/ the others...please don't ride behind me.

I'm thinking of going up Friday and camping through the weekend.  Not sure where my group is going to camp.   Right now it's looking like Ocklawaha Camp ground.  You can't ride from there, you can't take your quads off the trailer.  If you have something where you need to unload the trailer to sleep inside you will have to push them out and back in, you are not allowed to start the quads on the property.  The owners are ready to join all the other camp grounds and ban them there because of the problems they've had w/ atv riders.  So please if you're going to camp there be respectful and follow the rules.  It's the closest camp ground to Eureka Dam.

~Demon_Boy~

#172
i think i can go we will go with 1 sport one honda fourtrax 2X4 soz...
but we may go with 3 sports and the ute not sure yet

team_quad_green

If I can get a weekend from work again Ill be there on something not sure what yet.  Im gonna have to ride and show some of yall Im not just a mud bogger.lol     get her done
RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80

MuddyGurl101

Ok.... I really want to go but I don't think anyone from my area is going that I can follow up. Let me know if anyone is going up from Ft. Lauderdale that would be willing to let me follow since I have never been to the Dam.
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites