4x4 for my lady & myself

Started by DjLeOo, September 07, 2005, 09:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjLeOo

Knowing there's a lot of 4x4 riders in here what would be the best 4x4 quad out there .....

I want it 2x4 & 4x4
Power ... Reliability .....

Been looking at the Honda Rancher & Foreman .....
Im looking to spend 5000.00 to 6000.00

Give me your feedback !!!!

Thanks
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]WWW.AtvMiaXtreme.COM[/url]<br />-DjLeOo -2003 Warrior-2007 Banshee-
[url="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg"]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg[/url]

big-daddy

Leo, How much do you want to spend and are you look for power
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

bigscrub79

I have a Suzuki Vinson and it is very reliable, good on gas, and its automatic so i dont have to worry about shifting.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

GSPKurt

Quote from: bigscrub79 on September 07, 2005, 09:34:54 AM
I have a Suzuki Vinson and it is very reliable, good on gas, and its automatic so i dont have to worry about shifting.

If the Vinson is too much money (worth every penny), look at the Eiger- I have one, and LOOOOOOOOOVE it!  :Y  I got the 5-speed, but it is an automatic clutch. 4x4, good power, handles well.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

caospop

I must agree for the money,Leo you really can't go wrong. The Suzuki Vinson is a great bike. I love mine. It fast, realiable, and goood on gas. I use a tank in about 100 miles.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

DjLeOo



Quote from: GSPKurt on September 07, 2005, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on September 07, 2005, 09:34:54 AM
I have a Suzuki Vinson and it is very reliable, good on gas, and its automatic so i dont have to worry about shifting.

If the Vinson is too much money (worth every penny), look at the Eiger- I have one, and LOOOOOOOOOVE it!  :Y  I got the 5-speed, but it is an automatic clutch. 4x4, good power, handles well.

Thanks Budd Ill look into that !!!



Quote from: caospop on September 07, 2005, 10:21:49 AM
I must agree for the money,Leo you really can't go wrong. The Suzuki Vinson is a great bike. I love mine. It fast, realiable, and goood on gas. I use a tank in about 100 miles.

Let me chk it out !!!


Any more feedback ??? Guys with the Honda ??
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]WWW.AtvMiaXtreme.COM[/url]<br />-DjLeOo -2003 Warrior-2007 Banshee-
[url="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg"]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg[/url]

cd4mud

checkout the Honda Recon ES. It's a great handling bike for smaller frame people.

ish

he doesnt need a small bike. honda's rock for utility.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

Geoz400

Im getting the suzuki vinson 500 its automatic 2x4 & 4x4 Leo $6500 with the works.  ;) talk to drap if we both go and get them togethor we might get a bigger deal.
[url="http://img203.echo.cx/img203/7721/geoz400copy3xb.jpg"]http://img203.echo.cx/img203/7721/geoz400copy3xb.jpg[/url]

big-daddy

#9
 Call ARS King Quad 700 with IRS  ;) for $6500.00
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

sk8r_dude

My buddy bought 2 Vinsons for a steal of a price. They have been great quads for him at a very reasonable price. For a little more, you can get an 05 Grizzly. I picked up one of my new Grizzlys for $5999 + shipping from a dealer in Alabama. What a difference from my Kodiak, the Grizzly rides like a Cadillac.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

NP04Foreman

GET A HONDA FOREMAN RUBICON ES 500 they are badass bikes and you will not regret any of the money you spend on it my friend just bought one and between my foreman and his I like his much better... there is no bike in my opinion that will beat it. ;)
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

Southern4x4

#12
a 300 fourtrax 4x4 or 2x4 is a good reilable bike and is good in mud if u got sum good tires u cant switch from 2x4 to 4x4 though if u got a 2x4 ur stuck wit a 2x4 if u got a 4x4 ur stuck wit 4x4 plus their not that expensive like about 3000 but u gotta get a used 1 cuz they dont makem anymore the last year wuz 2000 i think
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

450R_Matt

Quote from: DjLeOo on September 07, 2005, 12:16:13 PM


Quote from: GSPKurt on September 07, 2005, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on September 07, 2005, 09:34:54 AM
I have a Suzuki Vinson and it is very reliable, good on gas, and its automatic so i dont have to worry about shifting.

If the Vinson is too much money (worth every penny), look at the Eiger- I have one, and LOOOOOOOOOVE it!  :Y  I got the 5-speed, but it is an automatic clutch. 4x4, good power, handles well.

Thanks Budd Ill look into that !!!



Quote from: caospop on September 07, 2005, 10:21:49 AM
I must agree for the money,Leo you really can't go wrong. The Suzuki Vinson is a great bike. I love mine. It fast, realiable, and goood on gas. I use a tank in about 100 miles.

Let me chk it out !!!


Any more feedback ??? Guys with the Honda ??

I have 2 Honda's..... 04 rubi and a 02 Rancher , both 4x4

The Rancher is the most bang for the buck. Not the fastest quad out there but it runs like 50mph on the road with the stock tires. I have 26's on it and it slowes it down quite a bit. You can only run it in 2nd gear in the deep water and mud but it is a going machine with the 26's. You can push it out if it gets stuck because its real light.

As far as an option to take it out of 4x4...well    less stuf to break(electric switck and stuff) 

The Rubicon is a great Machine also. I like the trany the best and the high low option it has. Top speed with the stock tires.....55mph...I got 27"s on it to run with the Rancher with the 26's
You will need a winch to get it out when its stuck. pulls the 27's like they were the stock tires.

There is your Honda input... ;D
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

stump66

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

caospop

2007 Polaris Sportsman

stump66

The Grizz is the man and puts them through hot,cold,ice,snow mudd and crudd so if he is changing to a Polaris I'm quite sure Grizz did his homework. I love my Polaris its the most reliable bike I have.  :ThumbsUp.gif
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: ForemanMudder87 on September 07, 2005, 05:22:17 PM
GET A HONDA FOREMAN RUBICON ES 500 they are badass bikes and you will not regret any of the money you spend on it my friend just bought one and between my foreman and his I like his much better... there is no bike in my opinion that will beat it. ;)
HMMMM.....Thats 1 opinion. My Prairie Rocks

DjLeOo

[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]WWW.AtvMiaXtreme.COM[/url]<br />-DjLeOo -2003 Warrior-2007 Banshee-
[url="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg"]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg[/url]

Qdawg76

I just recently got a Polaris Sportsman 500 HO and I absolutely love it, Plenty of Power, IRS, This thing rides like a caddie ;D
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Pepe

Yamaha Kodiak 450 Auto. 4x4
There is the power and handing and the same trans & case as on the Gizz and IRS. 
2004 Green Yamaha Kodiak 450 Auto. 4x4

svtbolt04

#21
Quote from: ForemanMudder87 on September 07, 2005, 05:22:17 PM
GET A HONDA FOREMAN RUBICON ES 500 they are badass bikes and you will not regret any of the money you spend on it my friend just bought one and between my foreman and his I like his much better... there is no bike in my opinion that will beat it. ;)

Um... How about locking differentials...Standard on grizzly 660.

Did I mention underpowered? One person it will maybe do 55mph.. put two people on it.. your looking at a slow 45.

Grizzly 660/ Prarie 650/ Suzuki King quad 700 - Vinson 500|   All GREAT bikes. But one thing on the prarie. It doesnt have IRS, but thats really a luxury item.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Da_Mtg_Man

I love our King quad. Lots of power and real good in the mud.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Quote from: Pepe on September 08, 2005, 04:35:43 PM
Yamaha Kodiak 450 Auto. 4x4
There is the power and handing and the same trans & case as on the Gizz and IRS. 

Good choice Pepe... same here, love my
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

NPRVinson

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 08, 2005, 09:32:52 PM
I love our King quad. Lots of power and real good in the mud.

King Quad or Vinson, have both and they are great machines. I haven't put the wifes KQ through the stuff I put my Vinson in. The Vinson is bullet proof. I call the KQ ''The Red Rocket''. It's pretty impressive for a ute.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com