C vs Beginner Class?

Started by Pat, September 05, 2005, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Looking at doing my first HS or QS this season and wondering which class I should enter. Is there a huge difference between the C open and the Beginner open classes? I'm 33, ride a YFZ 450 and have been riding my whole life and am pretty quick in the woods BUT...have never raced before and don't want to get in anyone's way.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

trx#9

If you never raced before run the beginner class
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Pat

Sounds good...much appreciated.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Albright335

My advice if you are planning on running most of the races...run the C class and get the points. If you have been riding for a while and you are comfortable on your quad at "speed" then I think you will be fine in C  ;)

Hope to meet you at the races!!

Jennifer Albright
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Pat

Ahhh...now its 1-1...well, I am comfortable with my speed through the woods. I'd rather compete in "C" class for a more challenging race. All though I do not know how skilled riders in the beginner class are.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

ftrvet#76

as racergirl said you will be fine in the C-class as long as you are comfortable at speed
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

trx#9

your suppose to sandbag like everybody else ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Pat

LOL...well, my goal is simply to be competitive and finish the race even if dead last. 
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

YFZ450-Tampa

Like Jen and Will said, "C" will be good for you, and if you go to fast then move to "B" that way you don't have to "sandbag"  ;D
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Pat

Sounds good...I guess its relative...meaning, I think I ride fast but don't know how fast everyone else is! I'll find out.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Albright335

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

FTR44C-REP

Run C.  I like spanking Yammies.
FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666

Pat

FTR-44C! Thanks for that! This is why I'm looking forward to finally getting into this racing! After reading your post, the old competitive juices hit the bones! Feels good! Well, "C" it is!
Thanks!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

FTR44C-REP

I'm the C-rider rep for the  FTR Quad Series.  Email me with any questions.
FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666

Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

310R_Dude

Quote from: FTR44C-REP on September 06, 2005, 11:45:25 AM
Run C.  I like spanking Yammies.


WoW, a "C" class rider who thinks he's spanking sumthin'!
Impressive...  :Fp   :bow.gif
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

Pat

So I guess the deal is you win "C" a few times then move up to "B"?
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

FTR44C-REP

YUP.  If we see that your sandbagging, don't worry,we'll move you up.   >:D
FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666

Albright335

Then you can race with me...LoL!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat...you will have a blast no matter what!!!!!

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Pat

I'm looking forward to it!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

svtbolt04

Pat,

What bike do you have? YFZ 450? because there is two classes for C. One is C- open (450 class) and the C 0-400 class.

Ill be in 0-400.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Pat

Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

svtbolt04

Sorry about that, I read it and I must have skipped over the part where you said what you ride.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

yamadooski

Im gonna go out on limb here and say go in the "B" class.

:Fp  :Sp :Tp
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

Pat

Why "B"? Like I said, I'm pretty fast in the woods (at least I think) and do not mind getting beat for it only motivates me to work harder...my only concern is with getting in the faster riders way as a result of my lack of racing experience.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!