BIO-DIESEL a Gas Alternative

Started by Asphaltdragon, September 02, 2005, 10:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asphaltdragon

I happened to be watching a program this morning that featured a guy who makes what's called Biodiesel. So what I was joking about yesterday is actually possible. He used new or used vegetable oil to make a fuel that can be burned in a diesel engine! For less that a $1 per gallon.

I think I should go find a nice used diesel car or truck and start experimenting 8)

Do a google search on biodiesel
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

kawGIRL

This is true..I posted about this last month in the fuel disscussions.

http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/

There is a place close to our property in NC that makes it ;)  As soon as I get a spare moment on one of our trips I want to check it out, they have it set up so you can watch the process.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Asphaltdragon

#2
cool, Kawgirl.

Here is a video on the subject  copy and paste and wait mms://207.43.186.41/biodiesel/produced/biotrucker_5.wmv

"I might have to go down yonder and giddit"
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Asphaltdragon

Quote from: kawGIRL on September 02, 2005, 10:12:51 AM
This is true..I posted about this last month in the fuel disscussions.

http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/

There is a place close to our property in NC that makes it ;)  As soon as I get a spare moment on one of our trips I want to check it out, they have it set up so you can watch the process.

On that dancing rabbit webite it says a diesel can run on straight vegitable oil :o  after it reaches a temperature of 160 degrees
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

kawGIRL

 :-\ link does not work for me  :'(

When we go up tomorrow I will find the Ad of the company up there, I gave away all my newspapers with the company brochures in it.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

big-daddy

Bio-Diesel is a hit in the north east, My brother car runs on diesel and when he was in Boston he got some. Smells like peanuts or popcorn. ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]


big-daddy

#8
good reading Chuck  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dreth

the price of vegetable oil will go through the roof ;)

ppark350se

you get used veggie oil from restrants most will give it to you for free.   and this was also on trucks he used  a machine for www.freedomfuelamerica.com  call the fuel mister.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

ppark350se

[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Robert4570


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com