The Yucapan

Started by 3l3m3ntX, December 21, 2004, 08:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3l3m3ntX

I was talking to a guy at the Gas Station this morning about riding and he said they have been riding down in the Yucapans again. I haven't rode there for quite awhile (since I got a written warning) but I was wondering if any of you have been riding there and if its Cool again. The guy also said that they were parking right off of Burnt Store RD (by the fire station). If any of you have any input please let me know (sure saves a drive up to croom and the Yucapans are the best place to ride in my opinion) Thanks.. ::)

GreggT

For the last few months they've been pretty much letting us ride. But it's really just the luck of the draw. I know a couple guys who have gotten tickets. And one guy, about a month ago, had his toy hauler towed away. But most people are riding with no problems for now. These things seem to go in cycles...they enforce for a while then back off.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

3l3m3ntX

Yeah nothings really changed for the past 10 years it seems. Thanks for the info, I think I may take a ride down and try my luck (if I don't see other people I won't ride, strength in numbers lol)  ;D

GreggT

What type of quad do you ride? When you want to come down, shoot me a PM. I know the area pretty well. I can take you to a track section , open sugar sand trails or more tight trails (or best yet, a bit of each!) I'd be happy to ride with you any time I can!
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

3l3m3ntX

I ride a Banshee, and I am bringing some guys from tampa that ride trx450r's and a Suzuki 400. I hope to come down there on Sunday if the wife lets me out of the house lol.  ;D

Mike

If you have a 4x4 truck park it in the woods,parking is the  main problem.If you park on the road you may or may not get a ticket.Stay out of the management area and enjoy your day.
MIKE
Rincon 650 (red )c-series, 26 outlaws,full skid plates
450es foreman(yellow) 26 vampires

TRX_365r

I am definatley not parking out by the roads anymore. This past Tuesday I went there for a short ride, a lot of people said everything has been alright. So I took the chance and came back to a nice sheriff who gave me a nice christmas gift of a trespassing ticket. He said activity has been too much for zemel, they want it strictly patrolled. But if you can park in the woods go for it.
365r
03' CRF 450r

A new thumper being adopted soon

Shotgun

I ride there all the time sisnce I got my quad in August. Never had a problem, have seen lots of cops, and I always park near the road. Need 4wd to get back in there without getting stuck.

adiobeartracker04

I am going down this sunday if anyone else is goin to b there lemme know.

adiobeartracker04

I am going down this sunday if anyone else is goin to b there lemme know.

RECON1

hey this i dont know anything about ?  can someone give me directions.?
Looking for some great times with some great people

Shotgun

I rode the Yucapan today, awesome riding, only saw 2 other people on dirt bikes. Got to try out my new Garmin GPSMAP 60c. No trouble with the cops.

adiobeartracker04

What are you doing tomorrow? I am thinking of headin down there since I have the day off? Anyone riding?

Shotgun

I can't ride again untill next weekend

GreggT

Me and Mtg Man are heading there in a couple hours. Wanna join us? I have to work until about 1:00, so we'll go after that. Mike's already at my house waiting for me.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

GreggT

QuoteMe and Mtg Man are heading there in a couple hours. Wanna join us? I have to work until about 1:00, so we'll go after that. Mike's already at my house waiting for me.

Adio, This is Mtg Man. Give me a call if you wanna ride today. Me and GreggT are heading out there in a little bit (around 1-2 pm).
727-692-3196
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

NaplesRaptor

you loosers.... I could have ridden today...  >:(

Shotgun

My weekend plans to go to marathon key just went down the crapper, so I will prolly be out there riding either tommorrow or sometime this weekend.

GreggT

Greg,
We only got out for a couple hours. We're on for tomorrow, right? What time you want us there?

Also, for the Yucapen riders, some big fella took a real bad spill on a green Vforce. He was a mess...didn't remember anything, didn't know where he was or how he got there. An ambulance got back there to get him, but the cops were pulling up in force while we were pulling out. Be careful out there. By the way, he wasn't wearing a helmet.
'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Da_Mtg_Man

Quoteyou loosers.... I could have ridden today...  >:(

Losers? All you had to do is call or show up  ???
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

adiobeartracker04

Sorry, couldnt make it out today, had wrk, but I am pretty sure we are heading out tomorrow morning, kinda early, like 8 or so. Lemme know if anyone is goin. Was it wet out there?

Shotgun

I'm going to try to be out there tommorrow but it will prolly be afternoon I'm sure.

GreggT

'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper

Shotgun

I'm going to try to ride Sunday, anyone going to be out there?

Shotgun

Just got back from there, there must have been 200 quads out there, very cool day. Was anyone else there?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com