ocala sandpits

Started by dirtsurfer, August 30, 2005, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtsurfer

Can anyone direct me to sand pits with clay bottoms in the ocala area? Some one told me there is one around rodman dam.
lean steering trike- you steer with your butt

Chuck_Norris

go to the end of rodman dam you run smack dab into it.

dirtsurfer

is it off road 88 and can I park near the dam?
lean steering trike- you steer with your butt

GSPKurt

Quote from: dirtsurfer on August 31, 2005, 12:00:08 PM
is it off road 88 and can I park near the dam?

If you are coming from the south, 88 intersects with 77 and then continues on north, but it is difficult to drive through there- very soft sand. Better to go up 19 and across the dam. Park right at the sand pit. You'll see other vehicles parked there.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

susieblazer

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 01, 2005, 05:01:53 AM
Quote from: dirtsurfer on August 31, 2005, 12:00:08 PM
is it off road 88 and can I park near the dam?

If you are coming from the south, 88 intersects with 77 and then continues on north, but it is difficult to drive through there- very soft sand. Better to go up 19 and across the dam. Park right at the sand pit. You'll see other vehicles parked there.


        So Kurt tell us about that VERY soft sand............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  j/k   ;)
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

GSPKurt

Yes, I speak from experience here!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

I buried my dually to the axle, not once, but twice!!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

dirtsurfer

lean steering trike- you steer with your butt