Gas Ratons start tonight!

Started by kawGIRL, August 30, 2005, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawGIRL

I just heard this, not sure if it's true or not or how they can do it?
Governer Bush will be announcing this tonight :(

GAS RATIONS FOR ALL OF FLORIDA!

....I'm filling up on my way home tonight   ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Iraq is not producing what they thought it would, but I still doubt there will be any rationing as of yet.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris

This rumor came through about 6 months ago also. and it was phoney then. I would think something with that much impact on the economy would be press/ media worthy and annouce immediately.

Da_Mtg_Man

I heard that yesterday and asked the attendant at Sam's. They said there would be no rationing at the pumps but it could be rationed as far as how much gas Florida gets. When the station runs out then they have to wait until the next delivery.  Don't know how true that is but it's what I heard.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

kawGIRL

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 30, 2005, 06:43:16 PM
I heard that yesterday and asked the attendant at Sam's. They said there would be no rationing at the pumps but it could be rationed as far as how much gas Florida gets. When the station runs out then they have to wait until the next delivery. Don't know how true that is but it's what I heard.

Yes I do believe this is how it will be.  So if the gas stations run out.....that's it!
Untill the refineries are back up and running again, who knows how long that will be?


TRX350_On_The_Rack ......It has nothing to do with Iraq.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

atvtrailer

the prices here in citrus county have already gone up 30 cents
05 450r #13B

BCConviber

90% of the fuel that comes into Ft. Lauderdale comes from the gulf coast refineries...  One of my major customers in west palm beach told me this afternoon, that he spent all morning negotiating to bring in diesel from the carolinas, because his normal supplier out of port everglades will be out by thursday, and doesn't know when he will get more. What do you think that will meen for normal gas stations? Better get it while you can folks...
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

SkyHighT100

Prices here in Orange City/Deland have only gone up about 10 cents so far. Needless to say, I have a feeling I will be filling my take tomorrow (for the first time in 2 years), just to beat the impact of the eminent price hike... and to think... I have a lot of driving around to do this weekend, lol.... AHHHHHH.... I HATE GASOLINE!!!!

We have a lot of smart people on this site.... how about we combine heads and come up with a truck that runs off oxygen, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

LT-R450ApK

Stop breathing your wasting my gas already  :P
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

SkyHighT100

OOOOH... better idea now!!.... If we can come up with a truck that runs off of "Fart Gas" LE-Vinson could power all of us... will make a V12 look weak  :P
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

LT-R450ApK

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

SkyHighT100

LMAO... poor Spike. A little of Grandma's Brocolli and Cheese soup and we can power all of Atvflorida for a  month :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

CABLEGUY1

Our local station was $2.51 per gal this morning when my wife took my daughter to school and when I went to fill the RV after work it had gone up 13 cents. That's BS. The attendant said they did not get a delivery today so then why raise the price on gas they allready had in there tanks? Fill up now rumor has it regular will be close to $3.00 for the holiday weekend. Great for the economy isn't it? What a joke. Okay I feel better now.

Mars

Cut to the chase.
There is crude in barrels but the refineries have to catch up.
Tankers are out there but have to wait the storms out before they can dock.
  Gulf drilling platforms have little affect on the actual US $$$.
Gas will go up about .35(broker price) because they can. It is all a prediction game.
Some station may run out off fuel for a day or two.
They (gas companies) will shaft us for every penny they can get.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Numkut

Quote from: Last Chance on August 30, 2005, 06:44:09 PM
be ridin go peds soon lol

Ha, just got a new engine for mine. Blew my last one up. That thing gets 100 mpg, now only if they would let me drive that to school....
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Well I guess they are looking for the unemployment rate to go up drastically.  If they attempt to ration gas they will cause ppl to not be able to drive to work.  Thus further driving the economy down.

I don't see how they can ration gas.  Busch would be politically assasinated for such an attempt.  The effects of something like this would drastically change everyone's way of life.  No job=no money=no way to pay mortgage or bills= homelessness nationwide.  The economy would plumitt.

I don't believe it will ever happen.  Only ppl that will be able to make it will be on quads or go peds or some other cheap means.   Hell I'll park my truck and drive around town on my quad.  It gets better mileage.  What can they say?  Absolutely nothing!





 

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: kawGIRL on August 30, 2005, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 30, 2005, 06:43:16 PM
I heard that yesterday and asked the attendant at Sam's. They said there would be no rationing at the pumps but it could be rationed as far as how much gas Florida gets. When the station runs out then they have to wait until the next delivery. Don't know how true that is but it's what I heard.

Yes I do believe this is how it will be.  So if the gas stations run out.....that's it!
Untill the refineries are back up and running again, who knows how long that will be?


TRX350_On_The_Rack ......It has nothing to do with Iraq.

Has nothing to do with? I would have to disagree. Every contributing oil producing country has an effect.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

caospop

A  lil over 2.65 gal for 87 octane her MIA. and 3.00+ for the 93 when will it stop. I'm gonna put mt helmet on and ride mt atv to work...  :P :P
2007 Polaris Sportsman

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

SkyHighT100

Well... ahead of the impending gas price hike, I decided to take the plunge and fill up my truck this morning for the first time in almost 2 years (usually I always just stop at $20).

At $1.59 a gallon.... it cost me almost $70  :Dead.gif and condsidering I make $9 an hour... that works out to be almost an entire day of work! 

Needless to say, I think I will be  :T away my sorrows this weekend, lol. Scooter be ready... cause man that hurt!
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

caospop

You go there scooter. You heard the girl get READY  :-* and some more.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

kawGIRL

Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on August 31, 2005, 08:24:28 AM
Quote from: kawGIRL on August 30, 2005, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 30, 2005, 06:43:16 PM
I heard that yesterday and asked the attendant at Sam's. They said there would be no rationing at the pumps but it could be rationed as far as how much gas Florida gets. When the station runs out then they have to wait until the next delivery. Don't know how true that is but it's what I heard.

Yes I do believe this is how it will be.  So if the gas stations run out.....that's it!
Untill the refineries are back up and running again, who knows how long that will be?


TRX350_On_The_Rack ......It has nothing to do with Iraq.

Has nothing to do with? I would have to disagree. Every contributing oil producing country has an effect.
The immediate effect right now is that the Gulf Refineries are down and we are having to rely on Texas to supply "US" as in YOU & ME with gas.  
Oil has to be refined before it can be gas...

But in "The Big Picture" before the storm... YES it goes back to the Middle East situation.  We were already weak and now......:(
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Quote from: kawGIRL on August 31, 2005, 09:52:04 AM
Quote from: TRX350_On_The_Rack on August 31, 2005, 08:24:28 AM
Quote from: kawGIRL on August 30, 2005, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 30, 2005, 06:43:16 PM
I heard that yesterday and asked the attendant at Sam's. They said there would be no rationing at the pumps but it could be rationed as far as how much gas Florida gets. When the station runs out then they have to wait until the next delivery. Don't know how true that is but it's what I heard.

Yes I do believe this is how it will be.  So if the gas stations run out.....that's it!
Untill the refineries are back up and running again, who knows how long that will be?


TRX350_On_The_Rack ......It has nothing to do with Iraq.

Has nothing to do with? I would have to disagree. Every contributing oil producing country has an effect.
The immediate effect right now is that the Gulf Refineries are down and we are having to rely on Texas to supply "US" as in YOU & ME with gas.  
Oil has to be refined before it can be gas...

But in "The Big Picture" before the storm... YES it goes back to the Middle East situation.  We were already weak and now......:(

I understand and agree. Sorry I came off as blaming Iraq only on my original reply to this thread. I meant to say much more, but was on my way out the door and just got done reading an article on Iraq's short comings. I should of just waited till I got the time to reply properly.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Asphaltdragon

President Bush is gonna break off some of the oil in the U.S. Reserves to the refineries. I assume that their could still be a delay in production ???
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com