GPS info....or opinions of.......

Started by susieblazer, August 28, 2005, 06:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susieblazer



   Would like information on the GPS Garmin eTrex Vista C Model GA00243
    plus the mounting holder to attach it to the atv...............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Ida_Mann

I have a etrex legend that I strap to the gas tank with a single bungee that doesn't hinder the buttons at all, and only covers about 1/4" of the screen,,,,I love it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Eruption

#2
Quote from: susieblazer on August 28, 2005, 06:29:28 PM


   Would like information on the GPS Garmin eTrex Vista C Model GA00243
    plus the mounting holder to attach it to the atv...............

I have that model and love it.  It is a lot easier to read day and night then the greyscale.  As far as the mount goes if you plan on getting the Garmin bar mount make sure you have the GPS hard wired to the quad(via cig plug) as the vibration will shut off the unit. 

I bought an aftermarket mount for my WR450 that rubber mounts The GPS to the crossbar but it was kind of pricey. 


I thought the Vista would eat batteries because of the color screen but it has a pretty good run time.  I have yet to run the battery down on a ride.

If you plan on buying the Vista C go to WalMart.com and check out there prices.  I got mine their for under $300 when everyone else was $350-$400.  I hope this helps

Moose

Don't forget to look at these places before you buy, I saved a lot of money buying from 4x4 books.com. Also check out gpscity.com.

http://www.4x4books.com/

http://www.gpscity.com/index.htm
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

#4
RAM mounts are about the best you can get, they make them for just about everything. Pricy, but you get what you pay for.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

You might be able to get them elsewhere cheaper, but this shows all they have.

http://www.freshtracksmaps.com/ram.htm?source=google
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen


GSPKurt

Susie-
The mount Eruption has is the absolute best you can buy. I have the RAM mount and it rocks. It has survived submersion, inversion and lots of other stuff!!!!

Do you have a 12v receptacle on the Tblazer? I'm sure Bill can put one on or I can if you need me to. Get a 12v  coiled power cord (eBay), not the straight one. I don't like my straight one at all.

The Vista C is the sh*t, for sure!

Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com